Welcome to Gaia! ::

☾The Outlaw Wolf Pack☽

Back to Guilds

A guild for everyone and everything. We offer fun stuff for all types, and we aim to please. We try to have a bit of everything. 

Tags: Contests, Prizes, Roleplay, Friends, Outlaw Wolf Pack 

Reply • Mythology, Legends, & Folklore •
Glooscap and How He Made Sugarloaf Mountain

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ILoveTalkingOranges808

6,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:02 am
A very long time ago, there were these people that lived by the riverbanks in Summer. Back then, beavers were huge, and they built a dam blocking the river. The people were very upset becuase the dam was not letting the salmon get to them, and that is what they lived on mainly. They wanted to tell Glooscap to help them, but they also wanted to show that they can try and be more independent and not rely on Glooscap or something like that. They sent one of there strongest people to rid of the beavers. The beavers were just so huge, they couldn't. Finaly, they asked Glooscap to help. He went over to the beavers, swung the biggest one by it's tail and it got flinged over somewhere. He did so with the rest. The pile of beavers formed of what is today Sugarloaf Mountain. The dam was able to get destroyed and the people get there salmon again.

This is one of my favorite Native American legends because it's unique and you could see how they had an awesome way of explaining things... It may just be made up, but I can't help but want to belive these wonderful stories.  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:25 pm
StarryEyedSkyler
A very long time ago, there were these people that lived by the riverbanks in Summer. Back then, beavers were huge, and they built a dam blocking the river. The people were very upset becuase the dam was not letting the salmon get to them, and that is what they lived on mainly. They wanted to tell Glooscap to help them, but they also wanted to show that they can try and be more independent and not rely on Glooscap or something like that. They sent one of there strongest people to rid of the beavers. The beavers were just so huge, they couldn't. Finaly, they asked Glooscap to help. He went over to the beavers, swung the biggest one by it's tail and it got flinged over somewhere. He did so with the rest. The pile of beavers formed of what is today Sugarloaf Mountain. The dam was able to get destroyed and the people get there salmon again.

This is one of my favorite Native American legends because it's unique and you could see how they had an awesome way of explaining things... It may just be made up, but I can't help but want to belive these wonderful stories.

sweatdrop eek

What the truck did I just read?  

Mystika999

Shippuuden_Konan

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:11 pm
StarryEyedSkyler

... but what IS Glooscap? If I would know what it is, It'd help me alot xP but nice story :]  
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:14 pm
Shippuuden_Konan
StarryEyedSkyler

... but what IS Glooscap? If I would know what it is, It'd help me alot xP but nice story :]

http://www.firstpeople.us/FP-Html-Legends/Legends-AB.html
In the Abenaki Legends, I think there is one that explains him a little better than I could.  

ILoveTalkingOranges808

6,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
• Mythology, Legends, & Folklore •

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items