Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
My Dedication

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-kissME-1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:36 am
I'm excited and yet at the same time bored in a way. When the leader of the coven i'm being initiated into gave me the list of things I needed to learn for my dedication I was dissapoint to find I already knew them... ages ago. They seemed so basic. I thought when i'd be entering a coven I'd be learning new things right away but I'm not really.

Yes it's a wiccan coven, yes its a lineaged coven. yes I know the elemental weapon of ether/spirit, and yes I know all about the three degrees powers of the magus and thirteen goals of the witch please don't ask me for more proof that I'm Wiccan I'm sleepy while i'm posting this and the constant prove its are beginning to bother me because i seem to be proving it to the same people repeatedly.

My question is why do I feel I was learning more on my own, and why am I excited but still less excited then I thought I'd be?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:11 am
I apologise for my name build up I seem to be the only night person in this guild... and I realise I haven't posted in a long while so people might not remember me I've been busey, my family recently broke up but all is well now and i'm back in my happy little rut where it looks ike everything may stay the same for a good bit and I can go on with my studies.  

-kissME-1

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:14 am
sugarrocks
I'm excited and yet at the same time bored in a way. When the leader of the coven i'm being initiated into gave me the list of things I needed to learn for my dedication I was dissapoint to find I already knew them... ages ago. They seemed so basic. I thought when i'd be entering a coven I'd be learning new things right away but I'm not really.

Yeah, that happens.

sugarrocks
Yes it's a wiccan coven, yes its a lineaged coven. yes I know the elemental weapon of ether/spirit, and yes I know all about the three degrees powers of the magus and thirteen goals of the witch please don't ask me for more proof that I'm Wiccan I'm sleepy while i'm posting this and the constant prove its are beginning to bother me because i seem to be proving it to the same people repeatedly.

Force of habit, really.

sugarrocks
My question is why do I feel I was learning more on my own, and why am I excited but still less excited then I thought I'd be?

Because there's a strong chance you were learning more on your own. You may not have been learning more about Wicca, though. And remember that the preparatory information for initiation is just that: preparatory.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:56 am
So what are you instructed to learn that you haven't all ready?  

TeaDidikai

Starlock

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:13 am
I'd give it time, first and foremost. Though your experience'll depend on the group you've found, it can prove to be worthwhile given more time. Then again, it might not. And if you're not enjoying yourself in the group after a period of time another group might suit you better or just being solitary might suit you better. One of the benefits of studying primarily on your own is that you work at your own pace; you might want to ask if your coven will be enabling you to do that at some point. It isn't neccesarily all that important to be in a coven if it doesn't suit you, so if it doesn't fit, leave it behind, maybe find a different one, or work on your own.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:41 pm
sugarrocks
sometimes, when joining a group of set beliefs, and rituals, they like to know that everyone knows the same thing. they like attuning people to the same core beliefs, they like to know that everyone is on the same page. they want to make absolute sure that everyone knows what they want you to know.

fortunately for you, you already know a great deal of it. if that makes you bored, well, try looking at it a different way. you may have picked up the basics of that, but try that different way, and there might be more to it.

they just want to make sure that the basics truly are known by everyone so that all may at least have the same intro chapter as the next person. lots of luck and learning.  

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

-kissME-1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:43 pm
TeaDidikai
So what are you instructed to learn that you haven't all ready?
ummm I haven't been told to learn anything I don't already know. Except read the book Psychic Self-Defence by Dion Fortune, Which i'm reading now and I actually really like it. I mean just likeany other book it's got a few things in it that don't add up properly but she seems to have written a good book. Although from reading it I'm sure this books is at least more the 20 years old and has just been reprinted. smile ah well could be worse there are book that I've laughed at when I read them.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:07 pm
Just to say congratulations and I hope it all goes well for you. And stick with it if you feel it's what you want to do. I can imagine working with a coven could be quite exhilarating.  

Pelta

-kissME-1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:47 pm
missmagpie
Just to say congratulations and I hope it all goes well for you. And stick with it if you feel it's what you want to do. I can imagine working with a coven could be quite exhilarating.

It has been so far, I had a horrid experience tonihgt while we were doind a meditation of the earth. I was trying to visualise somthing anything and I saw a sword and it scared me and then I saw myself floating in the air as if somthing was holding me up by my stomach then all of a sudden there was a large rock through my back and it was as if I was watching the whole thing happen to me from the point of view of an outsider. It scared me. sad  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:39 am
I'm curious- what tradition is this again?  

TeaDidikai

Yukinoko87

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:42 am
I'd view it this way, so you know about everything on the list, but perhaps there are some things about it that you don't know. Or perhaps there's things that you thought you knew but it ends up that they may have a different way of doing it. I would tell you not to get too discouraged, there's probably plenty on that list that you may know and have done a thousand times but there may be some things that you don't quite know about it. Just go with the flow, you may find out something you didn't before.

Oh, and congrats!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:32 pm
sugarrocks

I wouldn't be supprised (from what I've read so far about Wicca) that you weren't told anything new yet.
Anyone who follows/followed Wicca before should feel free to correct me. But you don't get access to oathbound (Aka secret) information about the religion until after initiation. Therefore all the info until then should be stuff you'd have had access to in the public domain.

Regardless, now'd be the time to review what you've been given to review.  

bobz

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff