Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply It's A Girl Thing!
Warm Fuzzies - February Event - Winners have been announced! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

People Counter =)
  + 1
View Results

icdogjt nlkalsfmk

7,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:57 pm
~ Welcome, Come on In! ~

So, as you girls know, February is the month in which Valentine’s Day is celebrated. There are many stories about why we have Valentine’s Day, but the most popular is about a priest in medieval Rome who risked his own life to marry young couples against the will of his emperor (who believed that married men would not make good soldiers) and was eventually executed for his crimes. Before he was executed he sent a love note to his own love, signed ‘from your Valentine’, which is why we now send Valentines on the 14th of February.
Nowadays, Valentine’s day is celebrated between couples almost exclusively, but to me this story of Saint Valentine is very much about our right and need to express love freely, and I think that extends to platonic love shared by friends as well as romantic love. For this reason, this event is all about spreading the love to your fellow IAGT members and giving some recognition to the people who make this guild such a wonderful place to be.

Note: There's a lot of reading on the first page. I'd love it if you'd read it all but I admit to sometimes suffering from tl;dr syndrome and I'm sure a lot of you do too blaugh . feel free to skip of the intros and story etc, but please read the rules before posting.

Welcome - What is a Warm Fuzzy? - Rules and Prizes - Warm Fuzzy Story - Our Warm Fuzzies

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:58 pm
~ What is a Warm Fuzzy? ~

A warm fuzzy is a genuine compliment, given without expecting anything in return. The wonderful thing about warm fuzzies is that they make both the giver and the receiver feel warm and fuzzy inside, and they are 100% free!
Therefore, I propose that the members of IAGT spend the month of February sending as many warm fuzzies as they can, and remembering the love that is the true spirit of Valentine’s Day.

Welcome - What is a Warm Fuzzy? - Rules and Prizes - Warm Fuzzy Story - Our Warm Fuzzies

icdogjt nlkalsfmk

7,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100

icdogjt nlkalsfmk

7,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:03 pm
~ Rules and Prizes ~

These rules will explain how the event is going to work, please make sure you read them all carefully!!

1. To send a warm fuzzy, pm it to me with the username of the girl it is intended for, and I will post it here on the main page and send that girl a pm to let her know there is something waiting for her here. It’s important you follow this rule because anonymity is all part of the fun of warm fuzzies - remember what I said about giving and expecting nothing in return?

2. Warm Fuzzies must be genuine! It’s absolutely fine to send a fuzzy to someone you don’t know very well, but you must have thought about it or it simply won’t have the same effect. Un-thought out fuzzies that simply say something like “X username is really nice” will not be accepted. A fuzzy can be as long or short as you want, just make sure you put in a little bit of effort.

3. Every girl who pms me three or more fuzzies will go into the running to win a love themed prize as a little thank you for helping to spread the love. You may send as many fuzzies as you like but sending more than three will not increase your chances of winning a prize.

4. The pm you send me must have 'Warm Fuzzies' as the title. If your pm does not have this as the title your fuzzies will still be posted but you won’t be in the running to win a prize. It just makes it easier for me keeping track of all the pms.

5. When you receive a warm fuzzy, say thank you! You won’t know who sent it, but that doesn’t mean you can’t come and say thank you in this thread. Bumping this thread will also attract more attention to it so that we can spread the love further and further =)

6. The event will run until the 28th of February, at which point the prizes will be distributed. After that, you may still send warm fuzzies and I will post them, but you won't be able to win a prize.

7. When sending in a warm fuzzy, make sure you spell the person's username correctly. I am just copying and pasting from your pm and when I go to pm the user it won't work if I don't have the right username.

8. It's fine to include more than one fuzzy in your pm, just make sure each one is labelled with a username.

9. Make sure you only send fuzzies for girls in the guild! I had someone send me one for a girl who wasn't, and when I sent her the pm she couldn't click the link in it.

Prizes:

1. Sweet Pea
2. Loving Heart Mood Bubble
3. Cupid's Crown
4. Pink Sweetheart Teddy
5. Love Doves

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:06 pm
~ Warm Fuzzy Story ~

I Found this little story online, and I think the sentiment is perfect. You don't need to read this, but I think you will enjoy it =)

"WARM-FUZZY"
by Claude Steiner

Once upon a time, a long time ago, there lived two happy people called Tim and Maggie with their two children, John and Lucy. To understand how happy they were you have to understand how things were in those days.

You see in those happy days everyone was given a small, soft Fuzzy Bag when born. Any time a person reached into this bag they were able to pull out a Warm Fuzzy. Warm Fuzzies were very much in demand because whenever someone was given a Warm Fuzzy it made them feel warm and fuzzy all over.

In those days it was very easy to get Warm Fuzzies. Anytime that somebody felt like it, he might walk up to you and say, "I'd like to have a Warm Fuzzy." You would then reach into your bag and pull out a Fuzzy the size of a child’s hand. As soon as the Fuzzy saw the light of day it would smile and blossom into a large, shaggy, Warm Fuzzy. When you laid the Warm Fuzzy on the person's head, shoulder or lap it would snuggle up and melt right against their skin and make them feel good all over.

People were always asking each other for Warm Fuzzies, and since they were always given freely, getting enough of them was never a problem. There were always plenty to go around, and so everyone was happy and felt warm and fuzzy most of the time.

One day a bad witch who made salves and potions for sick people became angry because everyone was so happy and feeling good and no one was buying potions and salves. The witch was very clever and devised a very wicked plan. One beautiful morning while Maggie was playing with her daughter the witch crept up to Tim and whispered in his ear,

"See here, Tim, look at all the Fuzzies that Maggie is giving to Lucy. You know, if she keeps it up she is going to run out and then there won't be any left for you!"

Tim was astonished. He turned to the witch and asked, "Do you mean to tell me that there isn't a Warm Fuzzy in our bag every time we reach into it?".

And the witch answered, "No, absolutely not, and once you run out, that's it. You don't have any more." With this the witch flew away on a broom, laughing and cackling all the way.

Tim took this to heart and began to notice every time Maggie gave away a Warm Fuzzy. He got very worried because he liked Maggie's Warm Fuzzies very much and did not want to give them up. He certainly did not think it was right for Maggie to be spending all her Warm Fuzzies on the children and other people.

Tim began to complain or sulk when he saw Maggie giving Warm Fuzzies to somebody else, and because Maggie loved him very much, she stopped giving Warm Fuzzies to other people as often, and reserved most of them for him.

The children watched this and soon began to get the idea that it was wrong to give Warm Fuzzies any time you were asked or felt like it. They too became very careful. They would watch their parents closely and whenever they felt that one of their parents was giving too many Fuzzies to others, they felt jealous and complained and sometimes even had a tantrum. And even though they found a Warm Fuzzy every time they reached into their bag they began to feel guilty whenever they gave them away so they reached in less and less and became more and more stingy with them.

Before the witch, people used to gather in groups of three, four or five, never caring too much who was giving Warm Fuzzies to whom. After the coming of the witch, people began to pair off and to reserve all their Warm Fuzzies for each other, exclusively. When people forgot to be careful and gave a Warm Fuzzy to just anybody they worried because they knew that somebody would probably resent sharing their Warm Fuzzies.

People began to give less and less Warm Fuzzies, and felt less warm and less fuzzy. They began to shrivel up and, occasionally, people would even die from lack of Warm Fuzzies. People felt worse and worse and, more and more, people went to the witch to buy potions and salves even though they didn't really seem to work.

Well, the situation was getting very serious indeed. The bad witch who had been watching all of this didn't really want the people to die (since dead people couldn't buy his salves and potions), so a new plan was devised.

Everyone was given, free of charge, a bag that was very similar to the Fuzzy Bag except that this one was cold while the Fuzzy Bag was warm. Inside of the witch's bag were Cold Pricklies. These Cold Pricklies did not make people feel warm and fuzzy; in fact they made them feel cold and prickly instead. But the Cold Pricklies were better than nothing and they did prevent peoples' backs from shriveling up.

So, from then on, when somebody asked for a Warm Fuzzy, people who were worried about depleting their supply would say, "I can't give you a Warm Fuzzy, but would you like a Cold Prickly instead?"

Sometimes, two people would walk up to each other, thinking they maybe they could get a Warm Fuzzy this time, but one of them would change his mind and they would wind up giving each other Cold Pricklies instead. So, the end result was that people were not dying anymore but a lot of people were very unhappy and feeling very cold and prickly indeed.

The situation got very complicated since the coming of the witch because there were fewer and fewer Warm Fuzzies around and Warm Fuzzies which used to be free as air, became extremely valuable.

This caused people to do all sorts of things in order to get Warm Fuzzies. People who could not find a generous partner had to buy their Warm Fuzzies and had to work long hours to earn the money.

Some people became "popular" and got a lot of Warm Fuzzies without having to give any back. These people would then sell their Warm Fuzzies to people who were "unpopular" and needed them to feel that life was worth living.

Another thing which happened was that some people would take Cold Pricklies--which were everywhere and freely available-and coated them white and fluffy so that they almost looked like Warm Fuzzies. These fake Warm Fuzzies were really Plastic Fuzzies, and they caused additional problems.

For instance, two or more people would get together and freely give each other Plastic Fuzzies. They expected to feel good, but they came away feeling bad instead. People got very confused never realizing that their cold, prickly feelings were because they had been given a lot of Plastic Fuzzies.

So the situation was very, very dismal and it all started because of the coming of the witch who made people believe that some day, when least expected, they might reach into their Warm Fuzzy Bag and find no more.

Not long ago, a young woman with big hips came to this unhappy land. She seemed not to have heard about the bad witch and was not worried about running out of Warm Fuzzies. She gave them out freely, even when not asked. They called her the Hip Woman and disapproved of her because she was giving the children the idea that they should not worry about running out of Warm Fuzzies. The children liked her very much because they felt good around her and they began to follow her example giving out Warm Fuzzies whenever they felt like it.

This made the grownups very worried. To protect the children from depleting their supplies of Warm Fuzzies they passed a law. The law made it a criminal offense to give out Warm Fuzzies in a reckless manner or without a license. Many children, however, seemed not to care; and in spite of the law they continued to give each other Warm Fuzzies whenever they felt like it and always when asked. Because they were many, many children, almost as many as grown ups, it began to look as if maybe they would have their way.

As of now its hard to say what will happen. Will the grownups laws stop the recklessness of the children?

Are the grownups going to join with the Hip Woman and the children in taking a chance that there will always be as many Warm Fuzzies as needed?

Will they remember the days their children are trying to bring back when Warm Fuzzies were abundant because people gave them away freely ?

The struggle spread all over the land and is probably going on right were you live. If you want to, and I hope you do, you can join by freely giving and asking for Warm Fuzzies and being as loving and healthy as you can.

icdogjt nlkalsfmk

7,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100

icdogjt nlkalsfmk

7,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:08 pm
~ Our Warm Fuzzies ~

This is where I will post the fuzzies you girls send in. =)
(Tip: I will put all fuzzies for the same girl together, so just use the ctrl + f search function to find your username)

'Sophisicated Simplicity' - She's kind and always seems to give really well-thought out advice to a girl in need. She tells it like it is... without hurting feelings, something I could never do. She doesn't sugar-coat, and I believe she needs a warm fuzzy n.n

'K i m z y' - She always has something nice to say. She's kind and sweet and I've never seen her say anything but kind words to anyone. n_n

- I love her avatar. It is beautiful. She looks like an elven princess in a wintery wonderland, and she is gorgeous.

- Know her from another thread, she's always been so loving~ and pretty.
She's as active as she can be, and straight-up kind.

- [This girl has been through so much lately, as i think we all know. Despite this, she still posts all over the Guild, and never do you see any negativity in her posts. She's a real trooper, and we'll all always be here for you. <3

'Miss Twinkle Toes 001' - I don't even know where to begin. She's amazing, one of a kind. She's the sweetest, most kind-hearted girl you will ever come across. She's a loyal friend and always willing to help you out when you need her. She's definitely a keeper. She will always have a special place in my heart.

'Lady Kira X' - She is a voice of reason; calm, organised, loyal and impartial and a credit to this guild. I feel like Lady Kira's effort in this guild is sometimes overlooked, and it certainly shouldn't be because she's always been so dedicated, and a sweet girl.

'oORoxyOo' -For making a guild where girls can be themselves. She's always kind, gives amazing advice, and solves everyones problems before even thinking about solving her own. She's selfless, and should be very proud for what she's done. She'll always be appreciated. (:

-Roxy is an amazing lady.
You can be yourself with her, and she is always there for you when you need help. She’s a friendly, caring, sweet and understanding friend.
"ik zal je nooit vergeten!"
<3

-This girl is the genuine article. She's a great friend, one of my best friends actually. She knows just the right things to say to make me smile when I need it the most. Even thought I've never personally met her, she's still one of my closest friends. She's dedicated to a guild that has helped out hundreds of girls, and for that, I admire her greatly. I have faith that she will do great things in her life, she's amazing. <3

- She made a wonderful guild where girls can be girls! ^_^

- lovie dovie is all i hear
the world is full of love an cheer
hugs and kiss blow everywhere
no ones heart shouldnt be in tears
cuz love is everywhere <3

- Where to start? I don't know. But one thing I do know, is that she is an amazing person. Any human being who wants to help improve peoples life deserves to be noticed for that. Along with her being a great person, I have to admit, I love her avatars. <3

- Thank you so much for founding this guild, You are so sweet and kind. =)
We all love you too death! =)

'Utziel' - She's not afraid to speak her mind, but appreciates other's opinions as well. She seems like a lovely girl, and is always polite.

'MissNightingaleCat' - For making a thread where amazing girls can get the recognition they deserve. I think it's fair to say you deserve a spot here. :3

-She is brilliant enough to think of this and I love how she found the story which gave me warm fuzzies (:

- Obviously a very amazing, caring person <3
This thread's going to make a lot of people feel great <3
Thank you.

- I would love to send this to her because she knows how to make us all feel special with the Warm Fuzzies. Happy Valentine's Day, Cat n.n

- Your doing a great deed for IAGT. I may not know you well but i do believe you should receive a Warm Fuzzy.

''Testicular Diabeetus' - She Is The Awesomest Person Ever! I Love Her! xD

- Not only does she give good advice...
She has an epic user name and is an epic person all in all~

- Advice given, a lesson learned. I thank you for the time you've spent aiding me, aiding us.

- I don't know where to start with this wonderful lady. I don't think one girl in this Guild doesn't know who she is. She is constantly posting lovely things all over the Guild, whether it's advice, or general weirdness. I can safely say that you're loved by every member here. <3

'Tolora' - She Is Kiind And Always Say Nice Things...Plus Her Posts Are so Pretty!

- What an amazing girl. She is such a mature young lady, with a lovely heart. <3

'Banshee Cupcake' - She is smart and has great taste

- Anyone with a username like this deserves a fuzzie! ; )
This girl is a sweetie!

'Arianna Loves Chu' - She's really sweet and posts alot and I just think she's an all around good person (:

-I've seen her in Weird Inc. alot and she's an awsome person and is really sweet and over all a very cool person

- I see you a lot in Weird Inc. You make a bunch of funny banners and you are a joy to have around! ^u^

'Jessikenz' - You're an amazing girl. You're always there to help out a friend in need, whether they need to borrow an item or if they just wanna talk and tell you how their day has gone. You're one of the biggest reasons I stay in the charity thread. You make me feel welcomed and that I'm always gonna be welcomed there no matter what.

'Lucystar' - You're the best friend I ever had. Without you I'd be completely lost. I'm really grateful for your friendship. You helped me out and were there for me when I really needed it when so many other people weren't. We were able to become strong friends over that and understand how each other is feeling without having to say anything other than "the usual". You've stuck by me no matter what and I really appreciate that.

'Pixelated_Rainbows' - Thank you for sitting down and talking with me the other day. Without that talk and your help, I probably would've quit Gaia. I'm sorry I just get so frustrated with things. But I do care about you and I hope you know how much I really do appreciate you being around, even if we only talk for a few minutes. You're such a good person even if you have two wives and a husband! Lol

'ReinChan69' - You're crazy and that's the way I like you. Even if you are a lover of Gin, I still love ya. It's hard to believe it's been so many years since we first met and the fact we can still talk and consider each other friends after all this time is really something special. Don't stress so much over school, you'll do fine. Just remember you're smart and you can do it!

'Saskia Hamilton' - I just wanted to thank Saskia for being so amazing!! If theres one person on IAGT that really stands out, it's this wonderful young woman. She in incredibly thoughtful and I've seen soooo many posts from her that are simply to help others or the guild in general. She is always friendly and kind and makes every girl in this guild feel welcome and at-home. She carries the true spirit of IAGT in her heart, and it shows in everything she does and everything she says. If anyone deserves a warm fuzzie in their heart for Valentines Day (or any other day of the year!), it is Miss Saskia Hamiliton. Thank you for being the best you can be and being a role model for every other girl here. We love you!

(Continued in next post)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:09 pm
~ Our Warm Fuzzies ~

'Empty Spiral' - This girl right here is completely dedicated to the guild. She's amazing, always running around doing something for everyone. :] I want to thank her for being so great. She's made a great co-captain. <3

- She's busy with her own life, but she still puts out time for others. She puts so much effort into helping the other girls with their problems, and does incredible things for us. She's one of the more amazing people I have ever had the privilege to meet.

- hugs and kisses
to my friend
who is new
to meh and my crew
oxoxoxo

- ALWAYS posting in the 'Life Issues' thread, giving advice.
I don't know her personally, but her posts are always kind and helpful.
Her words mean a lot to everyone, including me.

- Pessimist or Optimist it is not hard to decided your one of the greater goods left around. With grace and character you do not fade behind your pixels you shine right through them.

'Monochrome Monster' - I don't know where to start...She's amazingly nice and caring =3 I would take a bullet for her with a blink of an eye. She's the best person to have as a friend and listens to your problems even if she has some of her own. I've known her for a while and have never heard a complaint from her. Never. LOVE YOU MONOCHROME <3

'Anticupid16' - I see this girl around a lot and I think she's a real sweetie and really dedicated to this guild. She is warm, fun, smart and active, and I always find myself smiling at her posts. I've never seen her with a bad word to say about anyone, and I could never have anything bad to say about her! <3

- love her style aand her avatar name she sweet and nice and very funny i seen her post before she stylish funny and smart any guy would be lucky to have her

'Sailor_Lindsay' - You rock, you're the bestest friend I've ever known <3

'Sister Alisa' - She's been an awesome friend to me since the beginning. I can honestly say, that she is like a sister to me. I don't know her in real life, but she has always been there for me, brightening up my day and making everyday on Gaia worth a bit more. I love her. (: <3

'Memorii Makiko' - I don't know how to describe this girl because honestly, there aren't words to describe her. She's sweet and kind, and honestly, I cannot imagine Gaia without her. I've known her from the first week or so that I had a Gaia. She taught me the ropes. She has an amazing attitude towards people, and she just makes me smile.

'K R A Y Z E H' - Kind, fun, hilarious.
Really fun to be around, but serious when she needs to be.
I love her posts too Q ____Q

-K R A Y Z E H is so much fun to be around, and so easy to get along with. I'm relatively new but she's always been so sweet to me, and I know whenever I see her post style the thread is about to get more exciting!

'Captain Mansym' - Great friend, caring. I haven't talked to her in a while but I'm looking forward to catching up <3
She's truly an amazing person.

'The_Pianos_Broken_Keys' - Unique and caring <3
Knows just what to say to make someone feel better, not afraid to open up either.

'MearaT' - I've seen her do a lot of stuff for the guild like making contests and just talking to all the other girls,she's really kind and friendly anyways i just wanna say she is a great gal [:

'oAisaka' - Amazing girl. She's just so easy to get along with that she rocks my socks!

- When I read her posts I laugh because she's so funny! >D And I love her avi!

-She is smart, funny and a pleasure to be around, and really dedicated to the girls of this guild. I love her avatars too <3

'iiCookie Mokona' - This lady is certainly not given enough credit. A dedicated crew member, who despite not being seen consistently in the forums, does work really hard for the girls in this Guild. We love you Cookie! <3

-Such a sweetie and sooo helpful and friendly whenever any girl in this guild needs any help.

'lady_lantir' -
A truly great gal, haven't seen her in a while because she was sick but i hope she got better <3

'Strawberry Tide' - I love this girl. She is exceptionally random, sweet and funny. She always has something to talk about and i just want to glomp her!

'Evaded Death' - Thanks for chatting to me during the GNO event! It was nice getting to know someone in this guild!!

icdogjt nlkalsfmk

7,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100

icdogjt nlkalsfmk

7,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:16 pm
~ Prize distribution ~

This is a list of all the girls who sent in enough fuzzies to qualify for a prize. I will generate a random number and for each prize and the corresponding girl will win. Good luck everyone!

1. TobeJulietsSecret
2. Arianna loves chu
3. ArrancarYoruichi
4. The Official Carmen
5. K R A Y Z E H
6. Monochrome Monster
7. oAisaka
8. FluffySquirelz
9. Testicular diabeetus
10. Empty Spiral
11. Emonist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:22 pm