Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hogsmeade
Hogsmeade Station Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 333 334 335 336

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:45 am
User Image
❅ Emily ❅ Emilia Serene Dyfodwg ❅
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx Unsorted Muggleborn
Time: 2060-2061
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

"Ooh fun! Though, I doubt I'm the only Welsh speaker at Hogwarts. There is probably Scotts and Irish speakers too," Emily had replied with a grin. Her grin faltered and she looked at him confused obviously not quite understanding the joke about the dog, "We never had a dog... my Mum's allergic."

Emily was more intrigued by the other schools. She agreed it would be a nightmare to go to a school where you didn't speak the language at all, but she chose to do nothing but nod. Kasamir went into missing home and learning to speak English and joined her with him in figuring things out. "I think mostly in Welsh but I sometimes have nightmares in English - nothing that bad, I'm sure. But they say if you dream in a language you are fluent so..." she paused and shrugged. "I don't like causing trouble and Mum would get me in trouble if I did speak in anything but English around her."

"As for houses... maybe I should have asked Cai? I don't know if he would have told me. He was too busy trying to "prepare" me for Hogwarts on the car ride after Mum left for an appointment and Dad dropped us off," Emily explained. "I hope sorting isn't done on pure luck. Cai didn't make it sound like that - but how? I don't know. I just want to be in a house where people are clever and ambitious. Like you said fine line between bravery and foolishness so I don't think I'll be stuck with Cai for two years which is fine with me."

When Kasamir said his aunt described most families as complicated, she realized she had not asked Kasamir much about his family. Perhaps that was best for later or at his pace. Perhaps she didn't entirely care unless he wanted her to.

As they stood on their platform waiting for their fate she heard Kasamir voice her almost exact thoughts in such a quiet tone that Emily thought she imagined it. Emily turned her head slightly and smiled at him. This might be promising, she already made a potential friend and it goes to show that Marie could be her sidewalk in conquering friendships.
                                                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: Open for interaction}
                                                          Graydon Ironshield

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:05 am
User Image
✵ Nic ✵ Nicholas Hue Hayward-Ye ✵
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx(Gryffindor Third Year) (Half-blood-part-nymph) (Herbology Club, Creature Appreciation Club, and Namaste Member) (Gryffindor Quidditch Team Beater)
Time: 2060-2061
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Nic nodded when Su pointed out that Sierra would probably prefer for people to forget about her disability and that it wasn't expected for Nic to befriend everyone like Lewis. Lewis was far more friendly than Nic was. Nic wasn't a jerk he just didn't prioritize being everyone's friend. It seemed like a waste of time. "If I was deaf if I could avoid people knowing I would," Nic agreed with Su. He was hiding his nymph blood after all. Not quite the same but it didn't seem smart to put a target on your back for bullies. "And, it's not the clubs," Nic told Lewis. "I'm in a few clubs and quidditch but at least half the school doesn't know I exist, which is fine with me. Not the same for you, Lewis."

Shaking his head he listened as Su and Lewis analyzed whether he was being dramatic about his Aunt Lola. Lewis pointed out his aunt taught Art and Nic said, "But that is the thing, Art is an elective. You don't have to be stuck with her. Lola is teaching us. It'll be weird. I mean at least everyone should enjoy her. She is a natural teacher and can do some pretty cool magic. Better than her than my old man... and Su if you ever want adoptive family you can always visit my aunt and probably Lewis's aunt too. Most professors like being there for their students."

As they arrived to the platform Lewis joked about his appetite. "I'm just ready to go to bed. The sorting takes forever. The whole trip does, even if I had great company this time. Why does everything have to be so drawn out? We could get a lot more done if we could just aparate or portkey close and take the carriages over or something."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                Ah, but this nose doesn’t need to poke too far
                                                To see that behind that distrustful warning
                                                You’d do quite well in

Gryffindor!
                                                {OoC: }
                                                Yukina101"

Cinnabun Gryffie

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:49 pm
User Image
Kasamir Aloysius Patrovna
Unsorted │ First Year │ Eleven Years Old │ Single

Oh, I think it could be fun for the both of us, and like I said, I like solving puzzles,” said Kasamir agreeably, and then he chuckled at her confusion, and how they didn’t have a dog since her mother had allergies. “Knowing where the dog is buried’ is a figure of speech, it means knowing something usually best left buried; it sounds better in Russian,” he said good-naturedly. When she mentioned how she had nightmares in English, just thinking about his own was enough to summom a flickering of flames at the edges of his consciousness; flames he knew if looked for them straight-on wouldn’t be there.

He repressed a shudder as he banished those images to the darkest corner of his mind that he could. “Oh, I have nightmares, and they’re most definitely in Russian, and I’m not big on causing trouble. Troublemakers draw the wrong sort of attention, and I don’t wish for my aunt to have to come here to have words with the Headmaster about me,” He didn’t mention that his Aunt Faina was an Auror, “So far, things between us are pretty good; I’d rather not throw a spanner in it.’

When Emily turned to the subject of Houses, he thought it odd she’d gotten so little of an explanation, after all she came from here. He had an excuse; he’d just got off the proverbial boat, well, Portkey, but still and all… “Doesn’t sound like he had much chance to let you in on things. I don’t know what sort of House I’d like to be Sorted into…hmmm, suppose they could use a draft system like the Americans have recruiting new footballers. A House that values being ambitious and clever? I could get behind that, ‘specially if they like problem-solvers. Maybe we’ll be in the same House.”

OOC:
mc2

User ImageI'm not afraid of getting older, I'm one less day from dying young
I see the light go past my shoulder, I'm one less day from dying young

I see my life, Like a train with a one-way track
I've made mistakes, And I couldn't take 'em back
And I've been runnin' 'round in circles, 'Til I'm dizzy, I can't lie
But every night I go to sleep's, A day that I survive

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:26 am
I'm high—
I'm from outer space
I got Milky Way for blood; evolution in my veins
I'm gone—
I've been far away
I'mma lumineer now
I make moves, start waves

User Image
User Image

𝖧𝗎𝖿𝖿𝗅𝖾𝗉𝗎𝖿𝖿 𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗋𝖽 𝖸𝖾𝖺𝗋𝖮𝗅𝖽𝖾𝗌𝗍 𝖲𝗂𝗌𝗍𝖾𝗋𝖠𝗆𝖺𝗍𝖾𝗎𝗋 𝖠𝗌𝗍𝗋𝗈𝗇𝖺𝗎𝗍

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ Su blinked in surprise as both boys basically guaranteed them spots in both of their families feeling overwhelmed at their generosity. She doesn't like speaking of her family outside her sisters, something she surmises a few friends have picked up on, so for them to do so like this really was really touching. Not really able to find the words other than a soft "thanks guys", the appearance of the sweets trolley thankfully put a pin in that conversation and the group found others to speak of while eating.

Finally though, they pulled into the station, Lewis was excited to get to the carriages so they could finally have dinner while Nic complained that the whole journey took way too long for no reason. "It's probably tradition. Witches and wizards are big on tradition I'm noticing." the puff added with a slight shrug. They turned to ask Lewis his opinion but was met by a scrunched almost pained look on his face and his ears covered. She looked around wondering what could've brought this on when she remembered the whistle and then his condition making her feel like an absolute t**t.

She also really didn't want to talk directly to him in case it made things worse. Looking around, she finally spotted a familiar face in the crowd and after excusing herself, went jogging over to Sierra before pulling her back with very stilted and rushed BSL explaining the situation. Lewis probably wouldn't like all the fuss but they really wanted to make sure he was good or if they needed the matron. Sierra, for the most part, didn't seem too worried. She gave Lewis a small grin and began signing slowly to him asking-from what Su understood-how his summer was, how much paint he went through, and if he napped on the train like she had.

I don't swim or sink; I just float
I don't need gravity; I just need growth (woah)
When I move,, it's an earthquake rumble
I will never, ever fall; never stumble
And I don't need to be humble
Break down walls, like Jericho, crumble

Cinnabun Gryffie

mc2

User Image

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:48 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Hogsmeade
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Su, Nic, & Sierra
xxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? It's so busy
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Good thing I didn't need to see

Lewis wasn't sure what to think when Nic said that if he were deaf, he'd try to avoid people knowing too. "I get where you're coming from, but I think it's just another facet of life, innit? Like. My little cousin, Meallan. He's deaf, but has those implant hearing aid doo-dads. He's really good at reading lips though, so signing isn't a requirement, but we all still do. But just like having dark hair or being tall or... or whatever... it's just part of who a person might be." He shrugged, not really sure why it would be a big secret thing. If you needed help, all you had to do was ask... or at least so in his experience.

While discussing family members, Nic tried to argue it was different because they didn't have to take art, but had to take his aunt's class. "I mean. I have to take art, Aunt Tanna's expecting me. Plus, what am I gonna do, not take art? No way. But, I understand, too. Hopefully it'll all be easy-breezy for you." Hopefully a word of encouragement would help, or perhaps make things worse... but hopefully better. Lewis hadn't ever been good with helpful advice (at least, according to his sibs), and he knew he really was his dad's kid. According to Mom, Dad was quite good at saying the wrong thing and making situations real bad.... Hopefully Lewis wouldn't turn out like that...

Once they made it to the platform, Nic said he was just ready for bed. Everything took so long, and Lewis had to agree. "I think you're allowed to floo here and just meet up with the group. I've seen some others do that. 'Less you get Prefect, then you gotta ride the train." He nodded, before the train whistles took away his vision and temporarily scrambled his brains around. Su ran off, coming back with Sierra, who sent over a grin. Well, at least she wouldn't mess with his already technicolor vision. Watching her hands move, he was able to focus, taking some of the colors out as his brain honed in. He raised his hands, then started signing back, matching her slowed pace. "Oh, it was just grand. I practiced BSL with my dad and my aunt, so now I'm almost as good as you. I used a lot of paint, got grounded three times because of the mess. And I did not nap, we spent it chatting. But after the feast, I plan to sleep like a brick. How are you, this fine, colorful day?" He liked Sierra, because even though she was deaf, he could describe all the sounds around them in swirls of color, in painted galaxies with all the colors of conversation. It was hard to explain to others, since they could hear, and he definitely couldn't explain his colors with other synesthesiacs, since all they'd do is argue over color and pattern. But Sierra... and Meallan too, seemed to understand, if not enjoy, his bizarre descriptors of the colorful world in his brain.

{{Wearing :: Uniform, Yellow Hoodie, Cat-Backpack}}
Yukina101

mc2

Tʜᴇʏ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ᴄʟɪᴘ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴡɪɴɢs
Lᴏᴄᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ᴜᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sɪɴɢ
Bᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ'ʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴄᴀɢᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs sᴏ ғʟʏ ᴀᴡᴀʏ
Cᴀᴜsᴇ ᴡᴇ'ᴠᴇ ɢᴏᴛ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ, ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀɢᴇs ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪɴᴅ
Wᴇ'ᴠᴇ ɢᴏᴛ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ, ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴀʟᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟɪᴇs ᴡɪᴛʜɪɴ
Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴅᴀʏ, ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɴɪɢʜᴛ
A ʙɪᴛᴛᴇʀsᴡᴇᴇᴛ ʙʟᴇssɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴅɪsɢᴜɪsᴇ
Tᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ, ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀs ᴏғ ᴏᴜʀ ʟɪᴠᴇs, ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ

Hogsmeade