Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Have so many great workout apps.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:36 pm
I apologize if this is a repeat but I can't find the thread for health & fitness apps.

Anyone here have an iphone? There are soo many great apps that have been really helpful in keeping me motivated or just very informative.

Here are my health and fitness apps.

Nike workout club: has pictures and explanations of different workouts. Voice guides you through your workouts. Need a few items to do most of the workouts.( dumbbells, medicine ball, jump rope. )

Workouts: has pictures, explanations and voice guides you through your workout. Posts your completed workout on facebook and/or twitter

Nike Boom: athletes give you encouragement during your workout. Can play your music while running the app. You can also share your workout with facebook and get live encouragement from friends.

myfitnesspal.com: track calories consumed and burned by selecting your meal from their massive database or entering your workout info. I discovered when you do intensive workouts it will not only adjust your calorie goal but fat and protein as well.

Restaurant nutrition: Just in case the restaurant im eating at is not on the above database.

SkiTracks: I love this as a skier cause it can tell me my max speed, average speed, altitude, distance covered etc. Then I use skireport to choose where I'm skiing, and it alerts me if any of my favorite hills get lots of fresh powder.

For runners, walkers I'd suggest nike+gps to track your runs. I have mushometer for when I do skijoring with my dog.

What apps do you love?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:44 am
They have apps for working out? =o
Darn, too bad I don't have a smartphone or whatever they are called.  

Testicular Diabeetus
Vice Captain

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games