It's been stressful recently

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:59 am
Gosh! Where do I start? My grandad was back home for Christmas but now that it's 2011 things are getting any better for him because now he has Pneumonia on top of lung cancer, and yet he is still fighting.

So a few days ago he was taken into the hospital via ambulance because his stats were down. Oxygen level, etc. It went from something like 76 all the way down to 69, so they had to take him into the hospital but my gran was in tears because my grandad didn't want to go into the hospital. He prefers being at home with his family. That's understandable, though.

I went to the hospital with my gran to support her.
He was taken into the resuscitation unit so that they could bring his stats back up. The doctor told us that he has Pneumonia and will need to stay in the hospital and he will shortly be moved somewhere else to wait for a bed to become available.

After waiting hours in the resuscitation unit we then got moved somewhere else and waited six hours or more for a ward for him. The nurse there was horrible and refused to sort out my grandad's bed sores because that wasn't her job on that department, but he was in absolutely agony and it upset me. I didn't cry but inside I was hurting seeing my grandad in that state. We kept asking the nurse to get someone from a different department to put a dressing on his bed sores, and she said she can't. She then went away for hours, she came back, we asked her again, same cycle, etc. Until finally she got someone down from a different department to put dressings on his bed sores.

Anyway, after getting moved up to a ward (at long last) we waited in a waiting area, and then we went in one at a time to see him. I said good night to my grandad and told him I loved him.

Yesterday the hospital managed to get my grandad to eat a small tub of ice cream (he's extremely skinny because he's not eating at all) so that was great and then my gran said at night he wasn't looking so good again.

He's constantly fighting. He forced himself to eat because he wants out of the hospital. Bless him! =(  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:54 am

█████████ M O N O C H R O M E M O N S T E R ██████████

Aw dear, I'm so sorry that you and your family have to go through this. I hope he can pull through this though.

gas powered stick

Empty Spiral

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:12 am
[~+~]

Jesus.

I am so sorry you're all having to go through this hun.
-hugs-

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:50 am
It's in his bones now and outside his lungs.
Apparently he only has days or weeks to live.
I feel so upset and angry. I can't stand this at all. crying

Excuse my language but ******** my life.  

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:07 pm
I think I only have a few days left with my grandad now. crying  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:15 pm
*awkward hug*
Cancers & punemonia are bitches.
My Aunt is very sick with both at the moment.

Hey, if you can, make them memorable last days k???
You don't want to remember him being miserable the last time you saw him. Make him laugh and smile, tell jokes, funny stories, relive the good times, the old times, say goodbye nicely. Tear up if you have to, but don't tear up for the whole time!!!  

Stormgem

Tipsy Streaker

10,250 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Empty Spiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:18 pm
[~+~]

I know this is horrible hun, but look at it this way: At least he won't be sufferring anymore.
-hugs tight-

I think that was the most painful thing and the most cruel thing about cancer. I found with my Aunt - she felt the pain, but she was so out of it (with all the kimo) - it was the rest of us that had to watch her suffer, and it's best to just think of the happier memories.

Just make the most of the time you have left with him though. Maybe try and make sure you just talk about really happy stuff, so his last few days aren't focused on everyone being upset. :3

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:17 am
My grandad passed away at 10 in the morning whilst he was asleep.
His heart just suddenly stopped.

I saw his dead body at the hospital today and my heart was instantly broken.
I have cried all day and now suddenly I have no more tears left.

It doesn't feel real because he was a big part in my life and now he is gone. crying  

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

Empty Spiral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:30 pm
[~+~]

-hugs-
I'm so sorry Kimzy.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:45 pm
Kimzy: -hug- I'm so sorry for your loss dear. I don't know how I would take it if my grandparents died. They mean so much to me, I wish you the best.

Wumps

Tipsy Tipper

It's A Girl Thing!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces