Welcome to Gaia! ::

Street Art Guild

Back to Guilds

Whether you do graffiti, paste ups, stickers, stencils or even just art inspired by them, this is the place to hang out 

Tags: graffiti, sticker, stencil, paste, design 

Reply Street Art Guild
Graff' Vending Machine??? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dusklord

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:23 am
http://graffomat.com/video

Anyone know anything about this?? They say they will put it in your city for free, but I dk looks kinda like a hoax. Also I'm wondering if they do ship it why would they need your name and address?? 0_o  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:55 pm
This is a huge hoax. It's been ongoing for like a year now.  

SADERR
Crew

izak1399
Captain

5,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Megathread 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:04 pm
Lol. I'm not surprised, it's pretty outrageous.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:38 am
it would be pretty cool tho.  

Damon Zane

2,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

profuse
Crew

Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:08 pm
cool idea
fake machine  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:46 pm
That does look kind of fake. But it reminds me of something that was real.

There use to be, or still is, this group called God Bless Graffiti that passed out a bunch of pro-graffiti pamphlets. They even had little newspaper stands around cities filled with the pamphlets. But anyway, you use to be able to mail your stickers to them, and they'd include one sticker from whoever mailed one in in each pamphlet.

I think they might still be around, but the last I heard about them was something from 2006.  

Pastel Pimp

4,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

ii-quick-_-dirty-ii

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:12 pm
that shxt looks fake but they should make some  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:33 pm
Caffeinated_Meow

There use to be, or still is, this group called God Bless Graffiti that passed out a bunch of pro-graffiti pamphlets. They even had little newspaper stands around cities filled with the pamphlets. But anyway, you use to be able to mail your stickers to them, and they'd include one sticker from whoever mailed one in in each pamphlet.

I think they might still be around, but the last I heard about them was something from 2006.

Huh, No kidding. I had an idea to get tricked out in a gas mask and stuff and go down to the youth center and hand out pro graff pamphlets during one of their gigs just for giggles. I didn't know it had already been done. Did anyone object to them?

Those machines wouldn't be to hard to make. Just fill up a normal snack machine with pens and things.  

izak1399
Captain

5,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Megathread 100
  • Flatterer 200

Damon Zane

2,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:35 pm
izak1399
Caffeinated_Meow

Huh, No kidding. I had an idea to get tricked out in a gas mask and stuff and go down to the youth center and hand out pro graff pamphlets during one of their gigs just for giggles. I didn't know it had already been done. Did anyone object to them?

Those machines wouldn't be to hard to make. Just fill up a normal snack machine with pens and things.

Might want to ditch the gas mask. I know at least around here, here being the USA, a gas mask causes more problems then help.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:43 pm
Damon Zane

Might want to ditch the gas mask. I know at least around here, here being the USA, a gas mask causes more problems then help.

I think I could get away with it in NZ. We're pretty chillaxed since we have never experienced a terrorist attack or any crazy s**t like that.
Maybe I could switch to a V for Vendetta mask?  

izak1399
Captain

5,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Megathread 100
  • Flatterer 200

Pastel Pimp

4,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:47 am
izak1399

I think I could get away with it in NZ. We're pretty chillaxed since we have never experienced a terrorist attack or any crazy s**t like that.

Whatever kind of mask you wear, that sounds like it'd be pretty fun.

A while ago I wanted to do something like that, but instead of handing them out I stuck one into every issue of this free local paper that I could find.

Here's a link to that thing I mentioned before, if you want to see how they did what they did. http://www.counterproductiveindustries.com/gbgc/  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:48 pm
Caffeinated_Meow
izak1399

Whatever kind of mask you wear, that sounds like it'd be pretty fun.

A while ago I wanted to do something like that, but instead of handing them out I stuck one into every issue of this free local paper that I could find.

Here's a link to that thing I mentioned before, if you want to see how they did what they did. http://www.counterproductiveindustries.com/gbgc/

Sweeeeet *click*

Hmm, That's an idea actually. I could photocopy a crapload and then do a mailbox drop. Ha ha.
Although I wasn't planning on making it "Pro-Graffiti" as such. I was thinking of kind of ironic ad campaign "Do you enjoy getting knifed and your murderer being called a hero? Well maybe graffiti is your calling!"
(That scenario actually happened two years ago. Some kid got stabbed and public reaction seemed to support it happening. It was pretty screwed up. Although there was rumours that it was the kids knife so maybe it was self defence, who knows.)  

izak1399
Captain

5,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Megathread 100
  • Flatterer 200

Pastel Pimp

4,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:55 am
izak1399

Sweeeeet *click*

Hmm, That's an idea actually. I could photocopy a crapload and then do a mailbox drop. Ha ha.
Although I wasn't planning on making it "Pro-Graffiti" as such. I was thinking of kind of ironic ad campaign "Do you enjoy getting knifed and your murderer being called a hero? Well maybe graffiti is your calling!"
(That scenario actually happened two years ago. Some kid got stabbed and public reaction seemed to support it happening. It was pretty screwed up. Although there was rumours that it was the kids knife so maybe it was self defence, who knows.)

That'd be pretty cool. And I feel bad for that kid.

Here theres more public support for graffiti. Not by most people, but if you know how to find the right people then you can get support. There are some buildings where if you paint on them, they leave it up because they don't mind it, not because they're too lazy to paint over it.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:25 am
well here in new mexico there are 4 things that get u support from other graffers and just people in general 1. the quality of ur art 2. realisme we aint got no love for toys that say oooo you aint sh!t if u aint got montana and they be runnin round posting a takin name in a wak style ok anyway 3. u gotta know ur history i cant belive how many writers there are around here that dont know who sane is or who shepard is and lastly u gotta show respect to all writers wether theyre toy or not there are a** hole writers around here that are gang bangers that beat u up and steal ur paint and markers so its very important to be respectful so that graff crews will take u in around here graff crews are huge pretty much gangs themselves  

street ninja ham

5,000 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200

dusklord

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:54 pm
This would make an awesome instillation though if someone had the man power and tools to make it happen..weld it or bolt it to the ground I say lol xp  
Street Art Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff