Submit

New List :o ?
  Awesome! :D
  I preferred the old list :<
  It's okay but I have a suggestion! >_>
View Results

Felmino

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:49 am
OL Corrections? Please do NOT post them here, use the Error Report thread instead.

Opening the floor to discussion and feedback on what you like, dislike, and would like to see changed about the new owner's list. Here's a link in case you missed it.

Stuff that will not be changed
• Co-ownerships listed as one entry per horse
Why? Ease of updating, accurate record count.
• Basic design/theme
Why? Zoho has very limited customization, this is the most legible.
• Kind classification by visible physical traits
Why? It's the simplest most consistent way we could come up with.

Stuff that is under consideration
• Standardization of Year format in Theme - 2010/2011 or '10, '11
• Moving the mutant flag to the Basic list - lack of it seems to be confusing some people.

What would you like to see?
Do you find having additional tags linked in (animal form, naked/sans clothes, familiars, preggers, etc) useful?
Is the list easy to use/understand; have I explained enough how it works?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:20 am
I quite love the thread. With the way you explained it as well as the images provided to help and quite the lovely help. And the edits were made quickly because I noted mistakes yesterday and today (not even a full day later) they are all fixed.  

Strait Jacket Girl

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:51 am
I like the new owner's list. Especially with it's search feature so you don't have to scroll through a hundred pages to find what you want.

I also find the additional certs for the alternative stages really useful XD (especially since I had actually lost Kimi's animal form and now I have it again -so thank you for that!).

It is easy to use and I believe you have explained it well.

Thank you for all the hard work and effort that has clearly gone into the list.
*huggles the staff*

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:37 am
The new list is awesome. The only things I can think of would be some form of alphabetization for ease of finding things - though I can understand how that might be prohibitively difficult. But I'd also love to see the uncerts as well as the certs linked. Not only would this be helpful for us, but I imagine it would be helpful for the colorists as well when adding accessories, doing breedings, etc.  

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

LunaRei_SilverBlood

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:52 am
I would like to suggest alphabetical, organization~  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:00 pm
LOVE it! No complaints! I was a bit put off by the lack of alphabetization, but have decided the search option totally makes up for it! Good job!  

Alanna the Pirate Queen

Feral Vampire

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:05 pm
Psst... you guys, you can set it so it is alphabetized! But I suck at directions so I'll let Fel tell you guys how to alphabetize things. XD

But my feedback! I really like the new list. I have one feature I'd like to see but I don't know if it's possible... On the other lists I loved scrolling down the huge list of soqs. It bums me out that this list limits you to 200 entries a page. Is there any way to bump that to 500 per page, or to even see the whole list at once?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:20 pm
Ahah! Thank you - took me a minute of looking after I knew it was there to figure it out - but yes, I see the sort asc option! Much appreciated!  

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

Felmino

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:15 pm
Heh, yes as was pointed out, there is an alphabetical sort option - I just forgot to mention it. ^-^; Sorry! I'll get that set up in the error reporting thread.

Basically, you can hover over any of the column headings - a small black arrow will appear. Choose Sort > Asc (for A-Z) or Desc (for Z-A). You can sort by any column - owner, horse's name, Kind, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:23 pm
I love the new owners list, there's so many search options, it makes it pretty easy to find what you're looking for, LOVE IT! .. thank you sooo much!!!  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:48 pm
I love it. I think it looks clean and easy to use. Anyone who feels resistant to it being off of gaia has to realize some other shops have gone to off gaia sites. Like, faekats uses a database. I think overall; it's is highly efficient for both shop staff and owners.

Plus.. if you feel like being random and nosy when you're bored.. you can pick a few categories and just go randomly scrolling through. It'd be like stalking the drop off mule except that instead of listed by date dropped off; it'll be listed by whatever grouping criteria you choose.

I think people who clicked that they disliked it should state why they dislike it. That way if it's something everyone else is somehow overlooking; it can be worked on or fixed.  
Archived

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games