Submit

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:29 pm
So I've seen a number of personal "f-you" and hate-mongering threads out there, and while I think writing angry letters that no one will ever read is a healthy way to let out steam, I'd also like to think that we should all show a little more appreciation for those loyal friends and family who've always got our backs.

Write a letter to girls in this guild who've really helped you out in your time of need, or those irl buddies that you forget to show appreciation to. Or maybe just that catty-corner barrister that offered a big smile and a kind word, or to a fun talk show host who always making your day a little brighter. You can either leave these little thank-you notes on this thread or take them and verbally let someone know how you really feel. =)

Thank you Mom & Dad for always loving and supporting me, even through my moods and flat-out grumpy temperament. We can't afford everything, but that doesn't matter -- I've never starved, I sleep in a nice warm bed, and take a hot shower every morning. The comforts of home that you provide me with graciously (though I've never deserved them -- I always forget to do chores and am a very messy person) are all I've ever needed. Thank you for sustaining my fashion cravings while reminding me to always check the clearance section first, and for supporting me through ballet, tap dance, soccer, volleyball, track, XC, band, choir, swimming....however many of those activities I wound up quitting eventually. ;; And even though I hate it when you check my grades online and harass me about the homework I already finished, thank you for caring enough about my education to push me to do well and to make sure I can attend the college of my dreams.

Thank you Brian for your love and devotion, loyalty and astounding patience. Thank you for not ignoring my calls right after you get off work and for not hanging up on me as I jabber on at you until midnight....or so, even though you're exhausted and would rather be sleeping. Thank you for holding me throughout my math/science-induced panic attacks and always wiping my tears away, however petty the thing I may be crying about. Thank you so much for brightening up my life!

Thank you Swim Team for being the most amazing group of 60+ odd crazy kids ever! You're like a second family to me and I love you guys! I don't know what I'd do without those shoulder-rubs after 2+ mile practices or secret Big Mac runs to McDonalds after a meet...though our coach might literally kill us if she finds out! :'D Thank you to my Secret Swimmer for the water bottle that I've seriously been needing and A FREAKING GIANT CLIFF BAR!!!!!!!!! <3 (I love them!!)

Thank you Jesus for dying for me. <3 Though I've always been a skeptic, I have been so much happier since I accepted you into my life. You give me the strength to take care of business and not rip off my uberly irresponsible band director's head~~Thank you for helping me truly love and care for my fellow man, and to always give the benefit of the doubt. Without you I wouldn't have gotten involved in school, cared about my grades, made any of my actually good and loyal friends, or have ever met the love of my life.~~

Thank you IAGT for being such a loving guild! While about 90% of Gaia is rude and crude, I've only been met with kindness and acceptance here. I truly appreciate having a place in which I can privately share my troubles and happiness without massive backlash! Thanks to all you gals for being so incredibly chill and sweet. =]

....and thank you Halo for your endless entertainment on horrid sick days. ;D  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:37 pm
♭♮♯
Sleeping wonder lies to me, and the lies are sweet.

Thank you flauterfli for this great idea.

Thank you to my dad, for trying his best to be a single dad of a teenage daughter

Thank you to my best friend for helping through so many rough times and still sticking around with me.

♩♪♫♬
Music is sung with simple words, and simple words can save the world.

♯♮♭

anticupid16

Desirable Elocutionist

It's A Girl Thing!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas