A parakeet bond

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:07 pm
Every day I take my brother's budgie (Pigeon) into my room for some company because my brother's busy and it's amazing because the bird kisses me, sits on my shoulder, talks to me, plays with my hair, etc.

This bird absolutely loves me.
He goes mad every time he sees me.

Once I get back home from somewhere and go and see him he flys to my shoulder and makes kissing noises or he will talk to me and say, ''Giss a kiss, Kim'' which means Give us a kiss, Kim.'' I taught him it because it's a Scottish way of saying things (so says my gran) you see my gran is from Glasgow.

He's so precious!

He can also be quite odd as well as he is in love with a Hello Kitty dispenser and goes mad for it. If I hide it he goes to the edge of my computer desk and starts looking for it. xD
He likes to kiss it.

It's good that he's found something to love as we can't get another parakeet.

He also likes to bob his head to music or just in general.
He is always a happy bird.

I took these two picture recently and I absolutely love them. (Lucky to even get a picture since he jumps on my digital camera all the time).
I might get one of them framed.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:14 pm
I had two cockatiels. One when I was seven and younger, and one a year ago. They're both dead now. sweatdrop
Anyways, the first one would always sit on my shoulder.
And the second one liked to tweet at me when I tweeted at it, haha.

2A30128

Shameless Heckler

12,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Partygoer 500

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:20 pm
Aw! That's so cute.

Would you ever get another one?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:38 pm
I'm honestly not a bird person. I'm a dog and cat sort of girl. Those were my mother's birds and she's passed as well, so getting another is unlikely. sweatdrop
But they're nice animals and pretty easy to take care of.
Maybe one day when I'm on my own. Who knows.

2A30128

Shameless Heckler

12,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Partygoer 500

grey eyed girly

4,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:42 pm
I think its wonderful that you have that kind of bond with your parakeet. I have eight birds and they are all like family to me  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:11 pm
grey eyed girly
I think its wonderful that you have that kind of bond with your parakeet. I have eight birds and they are all like family to me

Are those your birds in your signature?  

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

grey eyed girly

4,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:29 pm
K i m z y
grey eyed girly

Yes, they are, all but one are in my signature, I need a better picture of my african grey so I can add him in.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:36 pm
Oh that is soo sweet<3
I've always wanted a bird, but my dad is afraid[not afraid he just..reaaally doesn't like them..(bad childhood experience)]
But I sorta have the same relationship with my cat..
He comes to me when I call, he follows me around, sits on my backpack and chest[when in bed] so I can't leave..he talks to me all the time..and he hates everyone else in the house!xD
I love how animals just love you unconditionally..it's absolutely precious

o 3o

thespeckledfreckle

Fashionable Streaker

7,100 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Clambake 200
  • Profitable 100

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:16 am
grey eyed girly
K i m z y
grey eyed girly

Yes, they are, all but one are in my signature, I need a better picture of my african grey so I can add him in.

They are lovely!

I do also agree with you about them being like family.
Pigeon is my brother's bird but I consider him my own because he's so close to me more so than my brother.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:18 am
Onyx_Muffin
Oh that is soo sweet<3
I've always wanted a bird, but my dad is afraid[not afraid he just..reaaally doesn't like them..(bad childhood experience)]
He comes to me when I call, he follows me around, sits on my backpack and chest[when in bed] so I can't leave..he talks to me all the time..and he hates everyone else in the house!xD

o 3o

Well, they say that it's fate when an animal loves you unconditionally to the point that they always want to be with you.

Take the pet shop as an example. When a pet comes over to you in a pet shop that's how you know that you have to have that one because it's fate and that pet was chosen for you.

I really am a believer in fate with pets.  

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

grey eyed girly

4,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:36 am
K i m z y
grey eyed girly
K i m z y
grey eyed girly

They are lovely!

I do also agree with you about them being like family.
Pigeon is my brother's bird but I consider him my own because he's so close to me more so than my brother.

Thanks, yes, especially with animals as smart as birds, you can't just buy them and stick them in a cage. Its proven that birds have the intelligence equivalent to that of a five year old child. There are an eternal infant and they have to be cared for that way. The have to be part of the family or its no better than a picture on the wall.

Birds do often "choose" their favorite person. They can know instantly who they like and its up to us to be there for them and make sure they get the proper socialization to enjoy attention from everyone.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:16 pm
K i m z y
Onyx_Muffin
Oh that is soo sweet<3

o 3o

Well, they say that it's fate when an animal loves you unconditionally to the point that they always want to be with you.

Take the pet shop as an example. When a pet comes over to you in a pet shop that's how you know that you have to have that one because it's fate and that pet was chosen for you.

I really am a believer in fate with pets.

Saame.(:
It's weird, as a kitten..he hated me and LOVED my dad[slept on his stomach] But now..it's quite the opposite^^
He's such an evil sweetheart.xD

o 3o

thespeckledfreckle

Fashionable Streaker

7,100 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Clambake 200
  • Profitable 100

Spurtles

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:28 pm
I have two parakeets and one of them
looks like the one in the picture. haha he loves to sit on