Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Tau Hammerhead: Now you're doin it right!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Asmusei -Faceless Hunter-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:16 am
I got a Hammerhead for my Tau army for Christmas, my second vehicle, and noticed how my Pathfinders have the two rails stacked, along with the Broadsides having them placed vertically as well. Yet the tank has them horizontal! I started assembling and I have the main cannon attached already, but I'll post pictures (Hopefully) tomorrow. It's really an aesthetic thing, but it looks much better now.

Do you guys have any corrections like this for other units? Just trying to get some idea of other things to fix. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:41 am
Did you get it right yet? wink  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:43 am
I've seen interesting conversion of broadside with railguns hung low under SMS, possibly more stable than the shoulder-mounted model...  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:02 am
I think Agis Neugebauer did likewise, though he mounted the SMS on the shoulders and let the railgun be held like an oversized rifle.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:31 am
Lt. Brookman
I think Agis Neugebauer did likewise, though he mounted the SMS on the shoulders and let the railgun be held like an oversized rifle.

oh this was probably it!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:30 pm
There's a few versions. One has the Railgun mounted like a rifle, and I love the look. Fits in with the mobile hunter unit look that the rest of their army has. The other one has the railguns mounted under the arms with the SMS on the shoulders, and the designed modded the legs with an extra support brace. This made them look more sturdy, which makes sense given that they are supposed to be a more static unit.

Both look sweet, both look better than the stock model.  

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:46 pm
Caleidah
There's a few versions. One has the Railgun mounted like a rifle, and I love the look. Fits in with the mobile hunter unit look that the rest of their army has. The other one has the railguns mounted under the arms with the SMS on the shoulders, and the designed modded the legs with an extra support brace. This made them look more sturdy, which makes sense given that they are supposed to be a more static unit.

Both look sweet, both look better than the stock model.

another model I saw was with railguns literally twin linked under one arm and a paired sms under another...

here are some of versions I've mentioned
http://www.coolminiornot.com/254074
http://www.coolminiornot.com/153280
http://www.coolminiornot.com/68228

overall the battesuits are great conversion fodder due to built in interchangeable weapons of xv-8  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:15 pm
The first one is the forgeworld broadside, made of resin so infinately easier to keep in one piece than the metal/plastic GW counterparts. Also looks so much cooler.  

Rocking Reaper

DarkReaper40k

Dangerous Shapeshifter

7,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:37 am
To be honest I never had a problem with the horizontal barrel on the Hammerhead... not sure why, I just assumed that because of the submunition round it made sense... it'll be interesting to see what it looks like adjusted to match the other units in the army.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:18 pm
Alright, sorry for the delay on posting pictures. Had no camera for a while, moved and had to get a new job.
Anyways, I've done just rough painting and camo, so don't critique too much on the sloppy paint. razz The basic scheme you see is the same as my whole army, FW are the only ones without the tiger stripes.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff249/Cheff_Bryan/Railhead1.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff249/Cheff_Bryan/Railhead2.jpg  

DarkReaper40k

Dangerous Shapeshifter

7,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:02 pm
I liked what I see so far, very urban warfare looking and I have to admit, the gun on its sun does have a certain appeal to it!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:15 pm
^.^ I like to keep things a bit uniform. The Urban theme was inspired by the large display that I'm working on. It'll be years before it's done, but I'm going to build a high-dense area of an Imp. City, some buildings having removable parts to allow for indoor firefights as well. Space Marines will have one hell of a scenario trying to take out 'Nids in that!  

Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff