Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oh My Gold! Polls, Contests, Give-a-ways & More!

Back to Guilds

This Guild consists of Polls, Contests, Events, Giveeaways and much more! 

Tags: Conversation, Polls, SonZack, Contests, Friends 

Reply Entertainment! Movies, Games, Music & More!
Eragon Trilogy - What's your opinion?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What's your opinion on The Eragon Trilogy?
  It was awesome! I loved it!
  I haven't read it yet, but I might now, because of this thread.
  Eh, it was okay. Not the best, but not the worst.
  So-so. Didn't hate it, but didn't like it, either.
  Never heard of it. But I might check it out.
View Results

Dark Mistress Rissa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:12 pm
Does anyone else like it? (:

I found the 2nd book to be boring, but the first and third are amazing. Christopher Paolini is an AMAZING author, and had Eragon published at age 15. That's impressive in my book.

Now, people who dislike Eragon are welcome to leave critique on his work, but do NOT hate on the people who like Eragon, just because you don't. That's not tolerated.

So Critique and Praise? What could Christopher Paolini have done better, and what was your favourite or least favourite parts? Could you picture yourself in the world, and how well written do you think the book was? How could he have improved it if you didn't like it?

Personally, but I'm pretty bias since I love the books, I'm not sure how he could've made the books better. I thoroughly enjoyed Eragon, Eldest and Brisingr. And I hear there's a FOURTH book coming out. He couldn't fit all the work into the third, so he's making a fourth. I'm so excited for it! biggrin

I'm interested in hearing opinions of other fans, and others who didn't like his work.. 3nodding

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:20 pm
The first book was absolutely boring. D: The others were okay I guess. I just felt that he tried to use to many words and explain too many things. Plus I think it's been in haitus 'cause I read it the first three two years ago and the fourth still isn't out.

spiffy jesus

Wheezing Flatterer

Alkinus

Adorable Sweetheart

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:20 pm
I LOVE Eragon, Eldest, and Brisingr! They were great books! heart  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:35 am
I absolutely loved these books!! I actually just read them recently for the first time. I really wish i had read them sooner. Brisinger was my Favorite of the 3 out so far. I can't wait for the fourth book.

This series is tied for my 2nd favorite series with The Hunger Games. harry potter is my favorite but Im a fanatic so its hard to beat that lol.

It would be awesome to be in that world. Just love these books!!!

Sparrow Puppy

Ruthless Phantom

11,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Elocutionist 200

CaptiveRebel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:26 pm
I've tried to read it so many times. Never did work out for me.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:34 pm
I like them, perhaps the writing isn't the best, but it's a world that I love to visit.

And some of the predictabilities that will be present in the fourth book have kinda turned me off a little bit, things such as...

SPOILERS
... Will be the color white, highlight with your mouse to read them below.

It's been pretty much confirmed that Arya will become the Rider for the last dragon. While not 100% confirmed, several hints have been given, and on the Eragon forums we've worked out pretty much everything, aside from some new character, it's Arya.
I mean, as soon as you know there's gonna be another Rider, Arya is obviously the most predictable option.

Elektro7

Devout Poster

8,550 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Mark Twain 100

Iradesca

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:24 pm
Eragon changed my life. Literally. I had no idea what I wanted to do in life. I knew I had some talent in writing, but I didn't think I could do anything with it. Then I read Eragon. Christopher Paolini is my inspiration. I now want to become an author. I had wanted to beat him in the age category, but seeing as I'm never satisfied with my work and keep redoing it, he's got me beat. still I thank him so much for helping my realize my path and my Personal Legend (The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho). I'm not sure what I might have become if I hadn't read the Inheritance Trilogy.  
Entertainment! Movies, Games, Music & More!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games