Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Archived
We Need Your Help! Angeni Domains Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Felmino

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:52 am
That's a cosplay, only interested in Angeni with domains at the moment.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:36 pm
@ Kyri - No problem. nwn I remember you telling me about his domain, and I saw he wasn't on the list, so I thought to just post him. owo I don't know if your other angeni has a domain though.  

Leez0rz
Crew

Adorable Fairy

Nisshou H

Kindred Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:44 pm
Kyribird
Kyribird - Azharaie
  • Angeni of Pride - Tag

Okay, I'm not sure if this is just an error on the tag but if she is an angeni-kirin she cannot have a domain.

Only angeni and uni-angeni are allowed domains.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:07 pm
I'm aware of that, Niss - I have to talk to 'Zoo about Azharaie.
There are some that were made before the limits on what crosses could be domained were in place.

Felmino

Kyribird

Aged Codger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:40 pm
She was definitely ordered before those rules were in place =)  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:07 am
Endejester - Polaris
• Angeni of Guidance
[cert link - ** Not north star - please see theme <3 she is designed on the north star but her theme is 'guidance' (listed on cert)

Endejester and Jaeger - Quin Ming
• Angeni of ???
[cert link

Need to contact Quin's co-owner who has left gaia in regards to ownership and domain.

**edit**

Lil also notes that her Angini Rashna is correctly listed as judgement.  

endejester

Feral Cat

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:27 am
Felmino
CuterThanYou
I am sure we can all come to a reasonable compromise, mistakes do happen! <3

As for my own angeni:

Sarai is the Angeni of Assertiveness

Is she posted anywhere as Assertiveness? Assertiveness doesn't seem to be on any lists that I can find. She's also mutant, which isn't allowed to be domained. (though I have no idea if that was in force back in '08 or not) @_@

Silence, Love were added.

I received Sarai as a birthday present from Lil with her staff credits way back in the day before domains were properly listed on Angeni, certs were inconsistent and when 'mutant traits' were not customable, so having tail feathers meant she had to be labeled as 'mutant' for her to exist.

I could argue that the following Angeni display mutant traits based on their various faces, fire, wings, etc:

Fantome
Malach
Hyperion

(I'd also like to note that both Fantome and Malach are labeled 'mutant' on their tags as well - Malach is also a Hellboy cosplay and yet you've listed her on the front page while at the same time saying in-thread that cosplays can't have domains?).

I'd be happy to ask Lil if she could retag Sarai (should she still have the cert files), but if this is too much of a problem, I don't seem to have a choice but to relinquish my Angeni's right to have a domain altogether. If "Assertiveness" is an inappropriate domain (I was attempting to be obscure for the sake of the RPers wishing for more popular domains), I would be happy to change it to something more appropriate, like Birth or Resurrection, as she's listed as a Black Phoenix.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:31 am
Felmino

That sounds fine - once we've gotten the existing Angeni nailed down, you can pick out a new domain for Arella (should her owner desire one).
Thought about it, and since it not on the list at all (not even under missing) we would like to reassign Arella as Angeni of Virtue.....

If an Angeni of Virtue appears that was never known about of course we will stand down on it.

To request a new cert should I just go to Wyn's thread? Or will there be a problem with that?

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100

Lilwolfpard

Magical Unicorn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:42 am
Felmino

Uhm... i have a slight problem with this statement?

See exhibit A:

Kamiki & Sabin Duvert - Malach HaMavet - Hellboy 2 - Angel of Death -
• Angeni of Death - Tag

....Isnt SHE a cosplay? And shes allowed? Anything before her should be allowed too. Since presumably, she came before any ruling that said cosplay angeni couldn't have domains.

My Gatito Is listed as PURE angeni on the ownerslist, and she came before HaMavet. As such... i would like her domain to be put on the ownerslist please as "Angeni of the Zodiac".  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:50 am
one over three
That sounds perfect. <3 I should be able to start edging him out of the sun domain during the course of the current plot and drop him out for good in the next one.

If you're okay with all of this so far, Cuter, I would just have to ask Lil what she thinks. <3

Two thumbs/tentacles up from over here!  

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

Lilwolfpard

Magical Unicorn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:54 am
CuterThanYou
one over three
That sounds perfect. <3 I should be able to start edging him out of the sun domain during the course of the current plot and drop him out for good in the next one.

If you're okay with all of this so far, Cuter, I would just have to ask Lil what she thinks. <3

Two thumbs/tentacles up from over here!

Go for it!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:58 am
CuterThanYou
Felmino
CuterThanYou
I am sure we can all come to a reasonable compromise, mistakes do happen! <3

As for my own angeni:

Sarai is the Angeni of Assertiveness

Is she posted anywhere as Assertiveness? Assertiveness doesn't seem to be on any lists that I can find. She's also mutant, which isn't allowed to be domained. (though I have no idea if that was in force back in '08 or not) @_@

Silence, Love were added.

I received Sarai as a birthday present from Lil way back in the day before domains were properly listed on Angeni, certs were inconsistent and when 'mutant traits' were not customable, so having tail feathers meant she had to be labeled as 'mutant' for her to exist.

I could argue that the following Angeni display mutant traits based on their various faces, fire, wings, etc:

Fantome
Malach
Hyperion

(I'd also like to note that both Fantome and Malach are labeled 'mutant' on their tags as well - Malach is also a Hellboy cosplay and yet you've listed her on the front page while at the same time saying in-thread that cosplays can't have domains?).

I'd be happy to ask Lil if she could retag Sarai (should she still have the cert files), but if this is too much of a problem, I'll relinquish my Angeni's right to have a domain altogether.

I want to make one comment on this:

Before this thread was posted, I had no idea that being mutant was an issue against domains. Cosplays and Crossbreeds yes, but not mutant.
It wasn't until I told tefla I wanted to see if Fantome could be put on the list and she mentioned it that I heard anything about it. We figured we would ask and see.

I had read the rules before. I have read them again, and I've been through the updates. I still can't find where it says mutants can't be domained.
I know mutants don't come up very often, and that is probably why I can't find it, but it might be handy to mention it in the 'Taken Themes/Domains' post.

It's fine if Fantome's mutant status means he can't hold a domain. Like I said before, we figured we could ask. ^_^  

Grifferie

Deus Sherry

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:12 am
GrnGriff

I want to make one comment on this:

Before this thread was posted, I had no idea that being mutant was an issue against domains. Cosplays and Crossbreeds yes, but not mutant.
It wasn't until I told tefla I wanted to see if Fantome could be put on the list and she mentioned it that I heard anything about it. We figured we would ask and see.

I had read the rules before. I have read them again, and I've been through the updates. I still can't find where it says mutants can't be domained.
I know mutants don't come up very often, and that is probably why I can't find it, but it might be handy to mention it in the 'Taken Themes/Domains' post.

It's fine if Fantome's mutant status means he can't hold a domain. Like I said before, we figured we could ask. ^_^

I sincerely apologize if my use of Fantome as a reference offended you in any way, it certainly wasn't intended to be an attack towards anyone! I as well cannot find any rule against mutants holding domains, so didn't understand why some were given the green light, persay, while Sarai was pointed out as being unable to hold a domain because of her mutant status.

Clarification of when the 'cosplays can't hold domains' rule came up would also be nice, as I know the Harry Potter angeni, the TWEWY and other older Angeni are all cosplays that would have predated such a rule. Mouselet's and my own Moltres was arguably one of the very first Angeni ever customed, so I'm unsure at this point whether or not he would be allowed a domain, as he predates any domain rule put into place.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:40 am
Syaoran-Puu
To request a new cert should I just go to Wyn's thread? Or will there be a problem with that?

Please don't ask Wyn to recert Angeni & alter domains, I have asked her not to do so until this process is complete. Odds are I will be fixing ALL the Angeni certs (which need domains fixed) once things are set right.

Lilwolfpard
Felmino

Uhm... i have a slight problem with this statement?

Kamiki & Sabin Duvert - Malach HaMavet - Hellboy 2 - Angel of Death -
• Angeni of Death - Tag

....Isnt SHE a cosplay? And shes allowed? Anything before her should be allowed too. Since presumably, she came before any ruling that said cosplay angeni couldn't have domains.

Malach's purchase date and arrival date are quite widely separated, thus she serves as a poor example. I was told (again, I can only work with what I'm given) that she was ordered as a RL Sirenz custom more than a year ago and approved for having that domain.

As much as I hate these exceptions they are not my fault and I am forbidden to remove them. >w<;

@ Fantome - he is not a mutant by current classifications. If you look closely you'll see his wings have smoke around them, but are not MADE of smoke, just transparent near the tips as many Angeni before him. His hair is also completely hair, faded out at the ends. He has a custom horn and tail both of which fit into the breed standard for Unis.

Non-specific question reply to follow~

Felmino

Felmino

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:50 am
I'm doing my very best, being the still relatively young staffperson that I am, active-in-Soq wise (just over a year now.) Not having the long history with the shop that many of you enjoy, I'm at a bit of a disadvantage when it comes to knowing what happened one, two, three or more years ago.

If you simply post a cosplay angeni with no visible domain and say nothing else about it, I'm not going to know what to do. What I've got at my disposal is one incomplete list with nothing but the domains, a broken Owner's List, and my own dogged determination to try and make things right. It's not going to be easy, but I will do my best to ensure everyone gets proper credit for their domains. I'm far from the best person to be tackling this task, but there's nobody else who wants to touch it.

In regards to the listed cosplays - they are not on there because I think they belong, but because they were grandfathered in by others - either they had a domain already listed on their tag, or were ordered/done before the rules were changed. Older cosplays who had no domain at the point of sale will not be given domains now.

I also would like clear rules on what can or cannot have a domain, but it was deemed important to find out what already existed before making any more official changes. Despite what you may think, I'm not trying to unfairly block anyone out of a domain that they were promised, just attempting to verify things before I put names & domains on the list.

This is going to be a slow, annoying and potentially rage-enducing process, but it needs to be done, before things get any more tangled up than they already are. Thank you for your patience with my all-too-human self. 8<

Archived

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff