Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 29. ✿ - - - School and Work
How do you keep yourself entertained at college?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

My favorite fruit is...
  Pineapple
  Strawberry/Raspberry
  Orange
  Apple
  Blueberry/Blackberry
  Pomegranate
  Other
  GOLD WILL BUY ME ANYTHING!
View Results

Hersheydudette

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:49 pm
Ok, so I'm a college student in a town of about 20,000. We have a mall and a few good restaurants, but nothing big around town to keep you busy. My friends and I have already baked, played board games, played verbal games (truth or dare, I have never), watched movies, etc. There's nothing really interesting that the school does or puts on. Does anyone have any good ideas of things to do at college? (Btw, I don't drink or smoke or do drugs... so don't say party, lol.)  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:30 am
play on Gaia? lol

I have the same problem here. I go to a rather small university in BFE Indiana. There's not a whole lot to do on-campus and I'm not the most social one out there.

One of the things I did last year, which has been so great for me, was to join a sorority. I now have my sisters to talk to and hang out and go to meals with, and that keeps me busy sometimes.

I also am taking a rather hard major, so I do have homework a lot, but I spend most of my time creeping on the internet not doing much of anything. I've decided that I'm going to start working out T/R mornings since I only have one class at 11, and I started taking a martial art (as a credit hour the first two times lol) which has been really gratifying for me.  

starshine622

Invisible Explorer

11,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200

MiaIkumis#1Fan

Dapper Dabbler

7,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:24 pm
See if you can start a club? : D I'm in high school, but that's something my friends and I did to keep ourselves entertained afterschool. We made an "Asian Pop Culture" society, and we basically watch/listen/do whatever's popular in Asian countries right now, as well as learning language and culture. It's a lot of fun!

You could also look into getting a part time job. It'd be something to keep you occupied, you'd get paid, and it would look good on future resumes. : D

You could also see if there's anyone offering lessons around town, like sewing or martial arts or something. Those are always fun to take with friends.

And as starshine said, working out is good too. It makes you healthier and can be pretty fun once you find what works for you. : D  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:33 pm
I started a club called NEKO. I love it. We take club trips to different cons. I work as a computer tech person, and on campus I bring my ipod and laptop to keep me busy.  

Ramiele

Sparkly Explorer

xena91388

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:51 pm
THE INTERNET! 'Nuff said! cool

lol but srsly! Go to your Student Center and there will probably be a butt load of things to do! Free movies, plays, activities, parties, ect. . . Plus almost everywhere has student discounts! For me to go see a movie in theaters during the day with my student ID is 5$! Some places are even FREE to students! Tampa college students get free admission to Bush Gardens last I heard! To bad there's no such theme parks here at my Uni crying (But I get free Archery lesson every Monday! User Image

Some colleges offer cheap to free non-credit hobby classes too! Such as rock-climbing or pottery, ect. . .  
29. ✿ - - - School and Work

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games