Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cherub and Friends Art Guild

Back to Guilds

In this guild you may post your art for all to see, get tips on improving your work, and enter our monthly contests! 

Tags: anime, drawings, avatar, manga, shop 

Reply Tips, Tutorials, and General Questions
Advice?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

_YouTwaaaat

6,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:58 pm
My own drawing
Copied But Changed things.:In the original drawing it was a bini. Change it to a hat.
Copied

When you compare my own drawing to the things I copied, my own drawing sucks. Creating my own had always been the hard part. Any advice on how I can improve?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:25 pm
I'm going to try to not say a whole blob of text like another post I did, so I'll list three things that might help your problem.

1. Realize your mistakes. When you compare your picture from other's, there's obviously a difference. Ask yourself what's different and where you can improve on.
Ex. : My eyes are too big boxy and take up most of the space in my character's face ! I should probably change that and make the eye smaller to make the face look much better.
2 . Put some effort. Most artists were where you were too. They didn't like how they drew something and lost confidence in themselves, so just relax, try again and this time, do it again with more OOMPH.
3. Don't rush ! Rushing isn't going to make things better. Draw at your own comfortable pace or your drawing will be affected.

Tachanne

5,200 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Signature Look 250

_YouTwaaaat

6,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:48 pm
Tachanne
I'm going to try to not say a whole blob of text like another post I did, so I'll list three things that might help your problem.

1. Realize your mistakes. When you compare your picture from other's, there's obviously a difference. Ask yourself what's different and where you can improve on.
Ex. : My eyes are too big boxy and take up most of the space in my character's face ! I should probably change that and make the eye smaller to make the face look much better.
2 . Put some effort. Most artists were where you were too. They didn't like how they drew something and lost confidence in themselves, so just relax, try again and this time, do it again with more OOMPH.
3. Don't rush ! Rushing isn't going to make things better. Draw at your own comfortable pace or your drawing will be affected.

thank you (:  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:45 pm
You're very welcome.  

Tachanne

5,200 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Signature Look 250

Rizzi Chan

Sparkly Lover

6,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:57 pm
Your drawing doesn't suck, you will get better.

heres some ideas...

Ohk so maybe you need take a teeni bit longer on your drawing

Consentration is also very important

Yes we were all where you are at some point

Try different styles to see which one you like best

I hope some of that might help

Rizzi-Chan heart  
Tips, Tutorials, and General Questions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers