Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply The White Tomb [Archives]
TF Headquarters Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Professor_Adonis
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:49 pm
Icee's Edit: Professor Adonis states below that if you are not in the Task Force you should not be reading (and definitely not replying) in this thread. I have already had to take house points from someone, I do not want to do it again. Technically we can't tell if you're in this thread, but if we find out you have been peeking, I will take house points (and the next offender will not get off anywhere as easily). If you're curious, I'm sorry... put in an application because this thread tells you everything you need to know about the Task Force. If you think this is harsh, imagine me catching you in this thread when you're not supposed to be..... I don't like being mean, but I do not appreciate being blatantly ignored.

Welcome everyone and I'm quite happy you've joined the Task Force!
If you have not been accepted into the Task Force, please leave now.
There are many other threads in HPGoG for you to view, but this is not one of them.

Everyone else, this is where you'll sign in/sign out, chat about the assignments, ask questions, and everything else Task Force-Mod Squad related! More information about that later.

heart Table of Contents heart
*General Duties*
*Current Assignments*
*Blackboard*
*Previous Assignments*
*Reserved*

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:50 pm
heart General Duties heart

What exactly do we want you guys to do? Well.... here's a quick rundown. This is the first time we've ever needed a 'task force' so things may be added throughout term.

arrow Make sure you sign in and sign out every time you come to HPGoG. To sign in or sign out, simply post in this thread (please specify if you're signing in or signing out in shout posts). It will help everyone know who's available and who's not at particular times.

arrow You are required to recruit at least two members to the guild each month. For the person to count, they have to be accepted in the guild. There's a thread in the Chamber where the mods will keep track of this, but if you want to post here about people you've recruited, feel free to do so. If you don't recruit the two people, and you did not have a reason (ie post in the SMB, PM to Professor Adonis), then you will be removed from the Task Force. Also, students that recruit new members earn HOUSE POINTS for every person they recruit!

arrow You can all discuss anything task force related (ideas, concerns, suggestions, etc.) in this thread with other Task Force Members and the Mod Squad. Only Task Members (who are all regarded highly in the guild) and Mods are allowed in this thread. Ideas are HIGHLY encouraged. Please don't be afraid to post your thoughts.

arrow If you have a question or concern, please post it here. However, if the question is private, you can PM me, Avatar34 (Tina), or IceeWitch (Alicia/Icee). We would all prefer if you post your question or PM me first.

Overall, the Task Force's job would mostly be to send out PMs, reminders, and perhaps look in the Guildsmemberslist from time to time.  

Professor_Adonis
Captain

Professor_Adonis
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:02 pm
heart Current Assignments heart

Assignments are the most important things that need to be done. They'll be posted here, with details! If you ever have time to do them, questions about the assignments, or anything else, then post in this thread!

Okay guys we're still getting things hammered out, but while the Mods work on that..... If you don't know by now, Tina (Avatar34) resigned as Hogwarts Monthly Editor. Now she was a really great Editor while she served, and we have not found a replacement yet. BUT the HM must still go out! We've already delayed two issues. Your assignment is to make 1-2 articles for the Hogwarts Monthly. Discuss below what articles/features you would like to cover.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:08 pm
heart Blackboard heart

Here are some tips on things Task Force related. If you want to add something to the Blackboard, please post letting me know!

IceeWitch
Icee's Tips on Recruiting!
Hopefully the two member requirement doesn't 'scare' anyone because it's really not too bad! There are many ways to get new people to HPGoG, without break Gaia Rules. Here's a few of my personal tips!

The first, stay active in the Official Recruitment thread. Make sure it's bumped every day!

Secondly, STALK the Harry Potter subforum. It's really a bunch of n00bs, but there are a few quality people. Especially in the really big threads. If you frequent those threads for a few weeks, it's simple to ask the thread regulars if they're interested in joining. Also, you can PM people that you think might be interested. Don't tell them to join, give them a link and tell them they might be interested! This tip applies to every popular Harry Potter forum/thread. Make sure not to advertise the guild directly; just get acquainted with the people and then PM them (unless you mention the guild to someone directly).

My final piece of advice is to NOT badger people. People don't respond well to random PMs, so if you make yourself known first and acquaint yourselves with them, they'll probably be more open to joining our guild. (Another tip will be added once I think of it. Sorries)

These are just a few ways to get people to join the guild. Be creative! Start with your friends' list and branch out! Please understand that we really want you to TRY to get new people in the guild; if you are unable (after trying) to get two people, you shouldn't worry too much. Just be sure to let Professor Adonis (or Tina or me) know ahead of time! Don't tell us March 8 that you're going to be unable to get people to the guild because you still have plenty of time in the month to TRY! heart

links needed!  

Professor_Adonis
Captain

Professor_Adonis
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:10 pm
heart Previous Assignments heart

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:11 pm
heart Reserved heart

Professor_Adonis
Captain

Professor_Adonis
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:12 pm
heart Task Force Members heart

stormysgirl13 (Sonas)
User Image
tealflower1928 (Ambria)
User Image

The Queen Lana (Lana)
User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:11 pm
in!  

tealflower1928

tealflower1928

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:14 pm
any article ideas? we could do something on task force? posiblie get the word out there even more? like adds in a paper. Or we could do something fun like a little made up quiz like in mags?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:26 pm
out sorry its pretty late. brain storm and hope to have some activity tommorow wink  

tealflower1928

The Queen Lana

Dapper Grabber

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:48 pm
Signing in.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:49 pm
tealflower1928
any article ideas? we could do something on task force? posiblie get the word out there even more? like adds in a paper. Or we could do something fun like a little made up quiz like in mags?

We could do a 'meet the task force' for an article.

I do an article called Ask The Elf, every month. I think that this article could be given to the new recruits, the elves, as a job, and of course the elves who work the most on the article will be given a chance to be sorted sooner.

The Queen Lana

Dapper Grabber

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50

The Queen Lana

Dapper Grabber

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:55 pm
Suggestion:

-We should have a suggestion box for everyone in the guild.
-We should start planning an event.
-We should get Quidditch up and running as an ongoing part of the HPGoG

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:49 pm
in!  

tealflower1928

The White Tomb [Archives]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items