Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
[TV]Sherlock (2010 BBC Series)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Radioactive_Woman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:22 pm
(I read and re-read the master topic list, so if I somehow missed any Sherlock Holmes themed thread anywhere please delete this one)

Mmkay, I'm sure I'm not the only one who's heard of the new "Sherlock" Series, although I happened across it by chance, since I live under the proverbial rock, whilst listening to NPR (Yeah...)
The premise is more or less writers taking Sherlock Holmes and throwing him and Watson into 2010. Lo and Behold, we have "Sherlock."
The series is written by Steve Moffat and Mark Gatiss, who have both had considerable experience adapting victorian style literature for TV, Moffat having written "Jekyll" and Gatiss having written "The Unquiet Dead," a Dr. Who episode. So, yeah, the series is pretty darn good, and the mysteries are brilliantly written.

Here's the fun part-
For all you HolmesWatson fans, it's more or less promenant (As it is in about... every piece of Sherlock related cinema or writing) and somewhat rampant throughout the series, form what I've noticed. Despite ep.2, it's there in spades.
It's a lot of funny little snide remarks and such, which makes SherlockWatson plausible, at least (And quite entertaining).
Anyone else agree? P:  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:32 pm
I have heard of this series before as well. This pairing is one of my favorites because it is very funny when Sherlock saids something logical and has a different connotation to everyone else. Watson makes sure that no one gets the wrong idea but we all know what is going on. whee  

Rekka Gen of Bloodrose

Conservative Sex Symbol

User_2629207

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:34 am
We do have a Sherlock Holmes thread already, but I think a separate one for the BBC miniseries is appropriate considering how it differs from the original. I really enjoyed it, especially "The Great Game". The actors are amazing and the plot is brilliant, at least in my eyes! I can hardly wait for the next "season".

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:24 am

SUCH a beautiful series. Truly, it's so good.

I just can't handle how beautiful they are together.

[Ren The Ryoko]

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

kyra-san

Shirtless Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:32 pm
Everyone who hasn't watched this show should watch this show.

I was watching the 3rd episode and the video player's time limit ran out while Sherlock was undressing John. ;_;

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:23 am

Any other Moriarty/Moran fans around?

[Ren The Ryoko]

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

OokamiValkire

3,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:59 am
After watching episode one, I just knew this one had potential to be majorly slashed...just depends on the characters your wishing to ship.  
[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games