SO, MY DOCTOR TELLS ME THAT...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JEWDAZ

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:41 pm
I have endometriosis.
She says that it is extremely common in older (20s-30s) females, and that my birth control seems to be controlling it a little better.
It's horribly painful for me, because every time I move, cough, or sneeze wrong, my urterus tears and leaves scar tissue, which I can feel when I press down.
But she said that she'd like to do surgery and "scope" me in a few years to get a better look.
She told me that, compared to most teenage girls that DO have endometriosis, mine is far more advanced.
I'm scared, because my family has a history of horrible endometriosis, but they didn't show symptoms until they were in their mid-twenties. Most of them have already had hysterectomies before they were 35.
I'm already showing symptoms.
I'm scared! crying
But I've been told that endometriosis is incredibly common.
Does anybody else get what I'm going through?
Have you ever felt that fear in your stomach?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:35 pm
ummm just asking... what is it????? i've never heard of it and i'm very curious now  

Sarah_ursweetheart

2,200 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

JEWDAZ

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:43 pm
It's basically when the tissue that acts as the lining of the uterus begins to grow around the ovaries, the pelvic bone, the bowels, the bladder, and sometimes other parts of the body, often causing pain and infertility.

It often also causes large cysts on the ovaries and uterus that can rupture.

I had a friend who had a cyst on her ovary rupture in class a few years ago. It was horrible to watch her, because she could barely move she was in so much pain.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:11 pm
First of all, I'm very sorry to hear that. *hugs* Your doctor said that she'd like to do surgery? May I ask if there's a way to fix this issue? Apologizes, I've never heard of it before.  

DustyOleDolly

4,200 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Shino Babie

8,950 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:43 pm
sorry...  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:35 pm
That sounds horrible! I don't know what to say. D;  

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

JEWDAZ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:51 pm
DustyOleDolly
First of all, I'm very sorry to hear that. *hugs* Your doctor said that she'd like to do surgery? May I ask if there's a way to fix this issue? Apologizes, I've never heard of it before.

Thank you. heart
There's really nothing that can be done other than a hysterectomy.
But she considers putting a camera inside me surgery, because I'm a minor.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:59 pm
Saskia Hamilton
DustyOleDolly

Thank you. heart
There's really nothing that can be done other than a hysterectomy.
But she considers putting a camera inside me surgery, because I'm a minor.

Aww, girlie, I hope all goes well. sweatdrop Try not to move around too much, nor go anywhere cold or dusty (that could make you cough, sneeze, etc....); wouldn't wanna make anything worse - stay safe! <3  

DustyOleDolly

4,200 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Mother Molly

Destitute Faun

34,240 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Budding Witch 250
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:42 pm
Though I've never heard of endometriosis, I understand your fear.
I was told two months ago that if I don't start responding to oral medications soon I'll need surgery to extract part of my large intestine. Even though it's not life threatening surgery there can always be complications, and the thought of having it this young (I'm going on 21) scares the hell out of me. It's not usually done on people so young, but since the medication isn't working it's something that I'll have to think about.
Surgery is something you don't want to consider as an option because it seems so extreme.

All I can say is, stay strong! heart Medical problems can be very hard to deal with, but just remember that you have to do whatever's best for you and your health.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:43 pm
I don't have it, but I do know someone who does and she's only 17.....and we were takling about it in my bio class and my bio teacher said the same thing as your doctor, that it's incredibly common in teenager and older women. Just listen to your doctor and I'm sure it will be fine. I really hope you feel better. heart  

viper_353

Ophrysia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:36 am
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope everything turns out alright. *hugs*
I would ask your doctor to see if there are any other ways to treat and remove it, without having to get a hysterectomy, if you haven't already.

I've never had it, and none of my family members have had it to my knowledge. However, a lot of women in my family have had very bad fibroids. Both my mom and her mom had to have hysterectomies in their mid-thirties, because of them. My grandmother died because of a blood clot after she had hers. Thankfully technology has come a long way since the 60's and 80's, because I'm afraid that I'll probably run into the same problem. Nowadays they can treat most fibroid cases without having to go in and remove everything.  
It's A Girl Thing!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games