Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cherub and Friends Art Guild

Back to Guilds

In this guild you may post your art for all to see, get tips on improving your work, and enter our monthly contests! 

Tags: anime, drawings, avatar, manga, shop 

Reply Chatterbox
How'd you get started??

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Digital Plush

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:44 pm
Tell me how you got started with art...

How old were you? What was your big inspiration?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:15 pm
We have a picture of me drawing when I was 3. =) I drew mostly people, birds, and trees.
Not sure what inspired me. But I did live in a family full of artists. :3  

TenCentHero

--Untoten Kase--

Extreme Streaker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:56 am
Glammed up fabulous...

I've been drawing as long as I can remember. I remember when I was really young; like 4 or 5. I was drawing, but I think I started earlier. :l
I think my inspiration would be my older sister actually. xD I saw she drawing, and decided to do it too. whee But then later on I got better, and started getting my own styles and stuff. I remember 2 years ago I would draw a lot and keep all of them in a binder. Then I stopped for those 2 years, and now I came back into it and I'm waaaay better than I was. No not drawing got me better ;D Haha. I still have those drawings... the binder is in a drawer somewhere. I looked at them a couple weeks ago and thought "Wow I really drew like that?" x3 [[Yeah, I tend to start babbling about random stuff that I'm sure doesn't even matter ;P]]

...Lookin' hot, dangerous.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:54 am
User Image

----------------------------------------------

My mom got me an easel when I was five or six, but I don't think I drew alot. I know was drawing more when I was 11 or 12. At that time, I was inspired by anime and boredom in class. Meaning I drew Ryo-Ohki all over my notes.

Centipedes In Utero

Shameless Streaker

10,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Mrs.BonJovi

33,325 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:36 pm
I actually never took my art seriously. Mostly just silly doodles. But then my family kept telling me that I have potential and that I should see where it takes me. I didn't really start taking them seriously until well into high school when I went into art class all three years. And now i'm in my first uyear of art school and I couldn't be happier blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:58 pm
Er..well I've been drawing since I was 4 :/ well it was cause of my uncle and his gang ^_^ well not like gangsters just a group of his best friends ^_^ hmm well when I was 4 I never knew my uncle was a great artist ^_^" I regret not knowing that before heh but anyways I knew his best friend draws so he drew me a yu-gi-oh monster it was very professional mike omg I loved it ^_^...he showed me anime and I became an anime freak...when I was 10 he passed away and I was snooping into his stuff to keep forever and that's when I found his sketch book....I was amazed and shocked that I didn't kno that he was also an artist :/ so I kept his sketch book and was inspired from his drawings and kept drawing ever since, I started tracing and lied to my mom that drew it and not trace =_= it was bad yea I kno lol but I learned from that ^_^ and when I stopped tracing I noticed that I was getting better lol and so I would watch tv and listen to music and as days go by just by doin those two things I became as the way I am now :3 lol yea that's how I started :3  

HelloPua

Pandiecakes
Captain

Timid Healer

14,400 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:49 am
Of course I was always drawing as a child, as most children do. But I really became an artist when I began watching Sailor Moon at 10 or 11 years old. When I was little I could look at the artwork and try to copy Naoko Takeuchi's art style and eventually found one of my own.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:29 am
As a kid of something like 8 or 9 I drew a whale on a hot plate for my mom for mother's day and my mom said she loved it which made me continue to draw whales. Eventually I got into anime (Sailor Moon, Card Captors and Pokemon among other things) and slowly switched to drawing those.

But it wasn't til High School that I started to develop a style which has gone through a million different changes til it became what it is now ;D  

Knocturne

2,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

snowdrift_2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:37 am
Skilled in forgeries, I was asked by a classmate to duplicate an image from our textbook and to enlarge it. I gave it a go -it was pretty decent for an eighth grader. Seeing my own potential, I quit with the signatures and started to dabble with human anatomy. Have been drawing ever since.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:03 am
I always drew because I was lucky enough to have a mom who kept my sister an I a craft cupboard full of coloring books and other crafty things and a school district that had art classes a couple times a week until it became everyday in middle school and high school. I still have some the the stories I wrote and illustrated from second grade! haha. But I didn't really get into drawing somewhat seriously for fun until the 6th grade when I fell in love with sailor moon. Then I became totally serious about doing art during 11th grade which took me to art college. Now I've just graduated and heading towards my next step! whee  

suri bee

Devoted Mage

suri bee

Devoted Mage

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:05 am
Pandiecakes
Of course I was always drawing as a child, as most children do. But I really became an artist when I began watching Sailor Moon at 10 or 11 years old. When I was little I could look at the artwork and try to copy Naoko Takeuchi's art style and eventually found one of my own.

It's so funny to hear so many people say Sailor Moon was the reason they started drawing!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:30 am
Hmm... Let's see, well I started drawing just this year around June. At least taking it seriously. I was drawing around highschool but mostly cheesy little fanarts, never intending to improve or making it a major.

But after not finding a career choice I enjoyed besides drawing, I took art seriously and graduated with my AA in Art! I'm mostly inspired by a lot of gallery artists and Disney works. I still have a lot to learn though! x) Sadly my parents aren't very supportive, so I'm trying my hardest to keep on my toes. :3 I hope to go to an art school, but financially that can't be done, so I guess I'm settling for the closest cal state. D:

chibi DEER

RyumeiX1

Loyal Explorer

14,025 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:27 pm
Of course I drew as a child. Hello Kitty got me started. But growing up with a house full of siblings, I couldn't draw around them I felt uncomfortable. I hated how I had to hide it when I was around my parents and friends... I wanted them to understand what I liked. About in high school, I started showing my colors. One of my friends took me as I was and I was happy. So i've started taking ArtIII classes all through high school, I had potential. But I don't have decent art supplies like some people, so I can't go all the way... But I try my hardest. I now like watching Transformers and try to make different characters (robots)  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:15 pm
I actually don't know when I started to draw off the top of my head... It's something that came to me. Around 4th grade is when I started to get good at "realism" and in 5th grade my cousin got me started in anime.
It was a out-lit. So I never really thought of it. My friends tease me that I came out with a pencil and a sketch-book. xD

Ecife

Lonely Prophet

Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces