Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friends of English Magic - for readers and fans of fantasy

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of fantasy books - we have discussions, contests, and games! 

Tags: english, fantasy, magic, book, scifi 

Reply The Friends of English Magic Guild
Getting started with my first serious dressing-up

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think of my new avatar?
Good start
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Need more details
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Yuck!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

laCCDiane

5,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bidding War 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:46 pm
See my avatar. I make the first serious shopping on dress and accessories. What do you think? My intension is to make my avatar more like a snow queen. Comment!

I'm new to Gaia. So any idea of changing avatar background? I see there is a room background when I'm dressing up redface . I currently remove it but is there anyway to change?

Thanks you.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:48 pm
laCCDiane
See my avatar. I make the first serious shopping on dress and accessories. What do you think? My intension is to make my avatar more like a snow queen. Comment!

I'm new to Gaia. So any idea of changing avatar background? I see there is a room background when I'm dressing up redface . I currently remove it but is there anyway to change?

Thanks you.

Well, they have background items, such as Summer Grass Field in the Treehouse store. But I like your avatar smile have you gotten the items from shop caroling yet?  

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Lady Pole
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:28 am
laCCDiane

I think it's good! The boa/scarf especially

laCCDiane
Do you mean change it back to not removed? Or do you mean what Sita said - a background that will be part of your avi and show up in forums etc?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:14 pm
This just shows how much of a nerd I am and how much of a Warcrackhead I'm becoming, but it kind of reminds me of a Night Elf shown in one of the loading splashes for WoW. >w>;

Welcome to Gaia, by the by. And yes, on avatar backgrounds, there are items that you can use. If you're going for a snow queen look, Dreamer's Dust and Let It Snow will probably be on your want list for a background.

Only problem with those is how expensive they are. >>  

Eizoryu

Lady Pole
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:34 pm
Eizoryu

Only problem with those is how expensive they are. >>

True, true,

you could win the ancient katana here and then sell it on the marketplace  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:40 pm
It's a nice start. I'm a fan of simple color schemes and simplicity. (Black white, and some other color generally works well for me.) Background items in my opinion are tacky and I rarely use them. Saving up for an EI (evolving item) is a good idea; it may take forever, but the amount of poses and variety you get from them keeps me happy and they generally stay high priced in the Marketplace.

Btw, that room background is just for show while changing; it doesn't affect or stay with your avatar anywhere else.  

Averian

Hallowed Saint

8,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Signature Look 250

darkmoonwriter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:47 pm
I think maybe you should have blue/white hair! or Blue eyes. just to make you look more. . .icey! XD  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:55 pm
darkmoonwriter
I think maybe you should have blue/white hair! or Blue eyes. just to make you look more. . .icey! XD

Oh yes. That's because when I first sign up I have no idea about my theme yet.

Averian
Btw, that room background is just for show while changing; it doesn't affect or stay with your avatar anywhere else.

Oh I mix things up LOL. I misunderstood about the room background.

Averian
Do you mean change it back to not removed? Or do you mean what Sita said - a background that will be part of your avi and show up in forums etc?

Actually I though the two are the same thing.

Averian
It's a nice start. I'm a fan of simple color schemes and simplicity.

Another minimalist! I myself, not just my avi, go for dress with the same color scheme.  

laCCDiane

5,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bidding War 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

laCCDiane

5,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bidding War 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:30 pm
darkmoonwriter

heart I have just changed my hair color!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:32 pm
I like the new hair  

Lady Pole
Crew

The Friends of English Magic Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out