Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cherub and Friends Art Guild

Back to Guilds

In this guild you may post your art for all to see, get tips on improving your work, and enter our monthly contests! 

Tags: anime, drawings, avatar, manga, shop 

Reply Traditional Art
Character Design

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

From a scale of 1 through ten, ten being the best, what do you rate this piece?
  5 or lower
View Results

___Whim_sickel___

Anxious Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:04 pm
I'm practicing manga art for a while now. However most of what I've known I've been learning since I was little and watching Sailor Moon on the idot box...

I'd appreciate comments on the character. I already realize I have difficulty with hands but I consider myself average at that. I merely didn't include them here because I thought excessively long sleeves were far more adorable. I'm not that great with feet either and if anyone has any tips i'd appreciate it as well.

P.S. I know I haven't seemed very involved in the guild but I've been going with roleplays and I'm not one that likes chatting on forums.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:18 pm
As far as a character design, she's just okay.

I think her clothes could use work in these ways:
Spread the patterns around instead of using it to divide her body
Add some intrication to the boots

I think you should change her hair in a way that makes her hair more unique and memorable, not necessarily crazy, maybe look at a hir magazine and pick some styles and play around with them.

In general you want her clothes to accentuate her personality, not define it, if she's a fashionista (which is my thought) bring it out in her face and hair and pose.  

Knocturne

2,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:31 am
she's cute. and i too can't draw feet. x.x my brother always yells at me about them so i can't be much help in that section. as for everything else i believe Knocturne covered it. =)
good luck!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:15 am
For the most everyone has covered it. For the colours here's my advice. Keep it simple and use a couple of base colours unless there's a reason why you would want to use more.  

XxDestinyMoonxX

4,250 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

NogradDragraft

1,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:12 pm
it's nice i think if u continue this way you'ld make out something good someday. but as far as i can tell, the face still needs some work. try not to print when drawing faces, it's going to make the think look all shappy and nasty thus not kool try to make ur hand as light as possible when it comes to face and soulders i draw also and this r some tricks i just recently figured out  
Traditional Art

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games