Submit

dormant lime

Astounding Loiterer

12,200 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:41 am
I have a ferret named Felix, and he's only about 2ish years old.
Recently, he's been a bit orange. The orange fur is pretty much on the under side of his belly and around the neck area. It's gotten a bit lighter recently, but he looked like a pumpkin for a little while.

My dad isn't concerned and says he just needs a bath ("It's on some of his blankets too so we should just give him a bath"), but I'm afraid he might need a vet since I read in a few places that while ferrets can turn colors from natural mating seasons (and just in natural progression of their lives), it can also be a sign of adrenal disease.
He's fixed (I think) and de-scented, we're also first time ferret owners.

He's still pretty happy and loves to be cuddled, scratched and played with- I'm just a bit concerned for my fuzzy friend.

Another thing I'm unsure of is he only had a bath about 3 or so months ago. What the hell could turn him so orange in such a short period of time? Should we take him to the vet?

For a picture;
http://www.knittingninja.com/photos/ferts/2010Feb/quart15.jpg
It's sort of like that orange tint under the fur, but he's not white- he's a sable.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:04 am
http://www.goosemoose.com/rfc/index.php?topic=4045920.0;wap2  

Lady Kira X

Caring Cleric

10,300 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Seasoned Warrior 250

dormant lime

Astounding Loiterer

12,200 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:37 pm
Lady Kira X
http://www.goosemoose.com/rfc/index.php?topic=4045920.0;wap2

Thanks. :3  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:35 pm
He looks exactly like my ferret Cinnamon, just a tad bit darker. I wouldn't really worry, since it is Winter ( right? eheh heh ) maybe it caused him to get darker? I don't know, but that's what happens to Cinnamon (: When it gets colder, she gets lighter and yellower, almost white, then she turns darker orange and fluffier when it gets cold.  

Dorkii Crayonz

4,500 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

dormant lime

Astounding Loiterer

12,200 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:53 am
Dorkii Crayonz
He looks exactly like my ferret Cinnamon, just a tad bit darker. I wouldn't really worry, since it is Winter ( right? eheh heh ) maybe it caused him to get darker? I don't know, but that's what happens to Cinnamon (: When it gets colder, she gets lighter and yellower, almost white, then she turns darker orange and fluffier when it gets cold.

Well Florida doesn't have much of a winter, but I'd assume the concept still applies lol.
And like I said the white ferret isn't mine- Felix is a sable. I just used that picture as a reference for the orange shade. sweatdrop

Thanks though! :3

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:00 am
Rosalind Hawk
Dorkii Crayonz

Well Florida doesn't have much of a winter, but I'd assume the concept still applies lol.
And like I said the white ferret isn't mine- Felix is a sable. I just used that picture as a reference for the orange shade. sweatdrop

Thanks though! :3

I live in Florida too! Haha. I got four ferrets, and they're always changing colors xD. My sable gets gray, though .  

Dorkii Crayonz

4,500 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
13. ✿ - - - Animals And Nature

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items