` How do you fall asleep? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tsuki Hoshizora

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:27 pm
User Image
` Hey girls! I've been having a small problem at night... The problem is, it's that I can't fall asleep at night! There are a lot of things that are distracting in my room, yes. But, no matter how hard I try... I won't fall asleep, although I do try not to touch or think of the distractions! It's just to hard for me! So, I was wondering if you have any idea on what to do? Like, a way for me to fall asleep faster? And no, I don't want to take any pills! If you were going to suggest that, then take that out of your head! Answers, help, opinions here please!

The Distractions:

- My Phone
I always go on my phone to watch Anime, which is a huge problem for me! I just can't resist!

- TV
The TV isn't really a distraction to me, it actually helps me fall asleep?

- My Sister
At night, my little sister is always awake! She now sleeps in her own room, but she just bothers me even more now!

- Ideas
I have so many ideas and thoughts inside my head. I always think of what I should do tomorrow and set my mind to it. I also think of the things I did today and it causes me not to sleep...

*I'll try and think of more later*
User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:35 pm
Reading a magazine helps at getting me tired so try that.  

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

Dorkii Crayonz

4,500 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:39 pm
I listen to music ( Coldplay usually does the trick...xD ) or read a book.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:21 pm
I usually read a book, or listen to slow music.  

FenHareI

Beloved Prophet

Nanaremilamina

Timid Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:24 pm
A hot cup of tea or milk for me usually puts me out cold.
Watching TV helps me fall asleep as well, but only if there's nothing interesting on. So, usually flicking on the news works. If there's no TV, just listen to soft music that will make you drowsy.

Just turn off the phone at night, clear your mind of thoughts, and don't be afraid to ask your sister to keep quiet. Goof luck. :3  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:59 pm
Usually I just get a cup of milk, turn on the air conditioner and the tv and just chill under the covers...or read a book. I slowly start to get sleepy :3

FairieCorpse624

6,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200

remy v2

Friendly Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:54 pm
Warm milk always does it for me.
After a warm bath, ^^
There's also music that helps.

As for your sister, I would say lock your door, but I think that'd be rude, TwT;
Tell her to quite down instead, :3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:14 pm
think about what it would be like sleeping?? I'm not sure; I rarely have those nights, but when I do I usually go do something else, like watch a TV episode or read a book for a half hour until I want to try sleeping again!!  

viper_353

twistedmx

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:43 pm
I wear my favorite fuzzy socks and drink hot coco
Then i just kinda get all comfy and warm under the covers (the heater does the trick) and just breathe and clear my mind and if that doesnt work, i go to my parents room, their bed is amazing!!! =D  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:35 pm
DON'T sleep with the TV on. It's more of a problem than you think. The bright lights and sounds coming from it will cause you not to sleep well.

If you need some sound, try a white noise machine or a fan or something like that. The radio generally isn't a good idea either, unless you have a quiet cd you can listen to.

Try to have a set routine for bedtime: like getting a small snack, then brushing your teeth before you go lay down and read and ALWAYS try to go to bed around the same time every night.

If you have a hard time getting thoughts out of your head whole trying to sleep, write them down in a journal before you lay down and then think about something else, something calming and happy.  

KinaMorii

Friendly Seeker

thespeckledfreckle

Fashionable Streaker

7,100 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Clambake 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:51 pm
I usually start a dream..well it's not really a dream because you're awake..
But I close my eyes and think of something that I would like to happen or just make something up based on a show or book you've seen/read recently..
It usually calms me down and helps me think of happy things to prevent nightmares. I usually fall asleep right away when I do that!(:

o 3o

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:54 pm
I repeat 1 2 3 really quickly in my head & in a slight whisper.
It distracts me from thinking long enough to fall asleep.  

Lady Kira X

Caring Cleric

10,300 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Seasoned Warrior 250

Banshee Cupcake

Magical Wife

20,790 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:12 pm
well i got a pillow pet and it helped me fall asleep faster and was so fluffy it felt like a cloud and my head just went blank and i fell asleep pretty fast so try getting a pillow pet and use soft music but i also need a little light cuz im scared of the dark...thats when demons try to get me......  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:35 pm
I usually read or watch a movie before I go to sleep. Sometimes I get some tea or hot chocolate, and I curl up under the covers and relax. Maybe if the TV helps you sleep, you could set the sleep timer so that soon after you fall asleep, it'll turn off, and solve the problem that a previous poster stated about the TV. And as for the phone...maybe you could keep it in another room while you sleep? I know if I did that, I'd be too lazy to go and get it. whee  

Aularen has quit

tiannaaaa

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:06 am
User Image

I Close My Eyes And Think About How Tiring My Day Was. ♥

It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items