Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Zoe's new attempt Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

vanilla_bean_frappichino

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:04 pm
STARTING WEIGHT: 166
CURRENT WEIGHT: 162.4yay
GOAL WEIGHT: hmmmm around 140s, but I want to go a little lower, whatever I feel comfortable with. I have been 110 before though, and my bones stuck out, so prob not that low.

Ok, this is a try that I will not go back on. I made a journal a few months back, I was a nursing student. (Everyone who is in college knows how much nursing students have to study) Between studying, family things, and more studying, I have gained some weight. I was at a ok weight when I started my last journal (147) But Have gained, to become a horrible 166 scream well, freshman fifteen? Almost exact haha. Surprisingly, the weight does not really show, many friends say I look like a good weight. But really, it shows. I see it in my arms, my stomach, my thighs, all the places that women gain weight. I may know how to dress nice and hide it, but I would rather NOT have to hide anything, wear what I want, be healthy, and love my body. I also want to build stamina and endurance. I have switched my major to education, hoping to go to grad school for pschology, due to being accepted to a out of state university and have to be pushed back to FRESHMAN YEAR again!!!!!!!!At least I have a four point for the classes that did transfer. And I have moved away from my family, meaning that stress from my family is now non existant. I live with my awsome male best friend who is not letting me pay rent until I go to university next semester. This means I do not work for now, so I can focus on health, and school. It also helps next sememster when I do work, that I am majoring in education, it will be like elementary school compared to nursing. I picked education because I wanted to work up to college level, and teachers get better retirement, and more even work days. My plan of action is to do a day of cardio, and a day of working my muscles, every other day. Today was my muscle day, tomorrow will be my cardio(Powerwalking) day. I am trying to decide between weight watchers and countint calories (Do people still feel hungry on weight watchers?) Well here it goes. I will be posting often, every saturday month I will post my weight. Uggghhhhhh. Well, it may wise to measure my hips as well, because I may gain muscle. The muscle excercises are intense.
Trying to keep within a calorie range of 1000-1300. One good thing about starting this diet lifestyle is that I have so much support. When I gained, last time I started a journal here, I was living with a family that really really had unhealthy food habits. And they would beg me to eat with them to make them feel better. I know self power is very important, but it makes it easier to have support. My male friend I live with was one of the top wrestlers for the school, and he is very into cooking and eating healthy, and excercising. He has been wanting me to do p90x with him, and I find it fun. Also says I need to hold myself accountable, and it is not easy, it takes work. He is a very good workout trainer. And when I move to university, the cafeteria has healthy food to choose from. So really, I have no excuse for keeping this weight on.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:34 am
Day oneeee
Ok, so today has started out ok. I want to include my calories from each meal to keep me in check
Breakfast: One yougurt, some turkey breast slices with hoisen sauce, and a glass of milk: 360 calories
For lunch!: wheat bread, some chicken breast meat, ketchup, mayo, and some coffee with natural sugar and some milk in it
Total calories for the day so far: 770 calories
Dinner, a cup of rice, with the small bits of chicken, about 290 cals I think, then half a slice of the cake, I am guessing it was 200 at most, and half of a small apple so about 1290 calories for the whole day, I may have some herbal tea later, I did arm excercise today, and plan to speed walk for about thirty. One thing I have learned today
I never want to be a house wife, I know it is only for a semester, but it is driving me nuts to go to school tues and thurs, and be cleaning, cooking, sewing, and waiting for my friend to get home the rest of the day from his night classes. Thank god I have many friends. Never thought I would say this, I cannot wait for that internship, and some work. May do some volunteer work this week, I did adopt a beach in galveston, and that was fun.
Best male friends (His name is eric) 's dad offered me some cake (They are chinese, so they have healthy cake) but I still said no. My friend just cooked some rice with the rest of the chicken breast, with some soy sauce. Tonight I will check my handy dandy calorie book and see how many calories the cake is, and if I can afford to eat it.  

vanilla_bean_frappichino

vanilla_bean_frappichino

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:36 am
Oh, for all those that wondered, my old name on here was hismrsrich. Haha.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:09 am
Well...First I would like to say Good Luck!

weight watchers vs. calorie counting:

Weight watchers: you do pay attention to the calories, but also fiber and fat. Fiber is so good for you, fat is not. So what weight watchers does is count by points, less points are for healthier food and more points for less healthier food. Problem is weight watchers costs money. But it also helps with portion size. With the question of hunger... if you get hungry on this diet it is okay to eat something healthy worth like one point to help.

Calorie counting: most people to calorie count, some even count fats also. what the problem is about counting is say you are trying to not go over say 1300 calories. what happens if you end up eating that much before dinner? do you not eat.. not eating would be very bad. an apple is 60 calories. but it is healthy, but 60 calories to add to your total... so yeah i know i do count calories but i wish i didn't think i needed to..

What I would suggest is:
First off just start writing down the foods you are eating. AND the time it is. I used to do this it helps to know where your unhealthy areas in the day are. Soon you will see a pattern. It is good to eat every four hours or so, no more than that time besides clearly when you are sleeping. Once you have this pattern you see, try switching up the foods you are eating into healthy ones.

Random Fact: (I do not know where you are from. I am going to say this thinking you live in the USA)
In the USA we tend to eat are largest meal at dinner. In France they eat their largest meal at lunch. French tend to be less weight than Americans. This is one of the reasons. If you are able to... making breakfast and dinner equal sizes. Then two snacks smaller than breakfast and dinner. And have lunch be the biggest meal, it may help you lose weight.
Our bodies tend to crash come afternoon.. this is because we do not have so much energy/calories taken in at lunch to keep us going.

Once again good luck =]
I hope something I said helped.  

RoseAintMean

5,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

vanilla_bean_frappichino

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:56 am
Yes actually what you said helped a lot, I realized that one of the reasons for the weight may be too large of a dinner, and when we sleep we burn less. It may be good to excercise at night, and just focus on other things besides food. I noticed I tend to lose more weight when I eat less at night. A interesting fact I learned in anatomy was that our bodies actually need more fats and carbs then protein (healthy fats and carbs of course) Guess that shows our bodies naturally want fuel that we are not using, since carbs are a source of energy.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:33 pm
Just to give a view of the fat I have gained, and a incentive to lose, here are some pics of me at my weight I am now, and what I used to be. If possible, I want to lose more then what I used to be

User Image
Me, at 147 pounds. Face was much thinner. Arms smaller.
User Image
User Image
( The guy is my best friend who I live with, moving into our own house together as soon as a graduate. See the arms though, they are getting bigger. And the bust looks like it has more fat than firmness. flabby.)

Gaining weight, around 150s. See how arms are bigger, face chunkier, and waist is see through, so you can see flabby.
User Image
User Image

The last pics with the dark hair was the most recent. Much more fat around the arms, chin is getting rounder, as you can see, there is fat in unwanted areas, face, arms, stomach, it needs to go. And my stamina and endurance is down. It is sad I am almost twenty and my stamina is down. This is a physical peaking time, when young men and women should not be short of breath when running. I desperatley want to get healthy again.  

vanilla_bean_frappichino

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:37 pm
Good luck! I just want to say the first post you posted made me happy. I'm in the same situation, I live with my family (stress) while going to school. When I transfer, I'll be moving away with my boyfriend (who happens to be my male best friend from 9th grade, so that's 8 years, we have only dated for 1 year) and it made me happy to hear that you live away from a stressed environment with your best friend pursuing an educational dream. I guess, in a way, I feel hopeful of when I finally move.

Haha I hope that made sense.

Also, about the weight watchers vs calorie counting, I personally recommend weight watchers because it gets you used to small controlled portions, and it counts calories, fiber, and fat. So, you will notice that the foods high in fiber are less points (because they are better and healthier) and the foods high in fat and calories are more points (because they are fattier) and the whole point is to not eat over a certain amount of points. It becomes annoying though because its pretty impossible to count points for restaurant foods. And if you don't have exact portion sizes already calculated out, it makes point counting hard. Also, I'm not sure you have to be a member. I think you could just buy the package from them for like $35 and it comes with 2 books (they have lists of food and their points), the points slider, the exercise slider, and some other info.

Good luck with what ever you choose!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:13 pm
The Silvermoon Alchemist
Good luck! I just want to say the first post you posted made me happy. I'm in the same situation, I live with my family (stress) while going to school. When I transfer, I'll be moving away with my boyfriend (who happens to be my male best friend from 9th grade, so that's 8 years, we have only dated for 1 year) and it made me happy to hear that you live away from a stressed environment with your best friend pursuing an educational dream. I guess, in a way, I feel hopeful of when I finally move.

Haha I hope that made sense.

Also, about the weight watchers vs calorie counting, I personally recommend weight watchers because it gets you used to small controlled portions, and it counts calories, fiber, and fat. So, you will notice that the foods high in fiber are less points (because they are better and healthier) and the foods high in fat and calories are more points (because they are fattier) and the whole point is to not eat over a certain amount of points. It becomes annoying though because its pretty impossible to count points for restaurant foods. And if you don't have exact portion sizes already calculated out, it makes point counting hard. Also, I'm not sure you have to be a member. I think you could just buy the package from them for like $35 and it comes with 2 books (they have lists of food and their points), the points slider, the exercise slider, and some other info.

Good luck with what ever you choose!

Yeah, moving away is amazing when you have to deal with a bad family. Mine were actually abusive and got jealous and I had a full time job to take care of things, while going to college full time and making all A's, and doing volunteer work, and was burnng out. And my friend happened to witness a abusive thing with my family, So he pretty much stood up for me and offered me a place to live, told them they were wrong, and helped me pack my things after seeing that. Makes me feel better that his dad holds people to high standards, and he said it was not my fault. So pretty much his family is my family, and we are moving into a house his mom gave him after graduation from college, and finding a career for both of us. And for weight watchers vs calorie counting
I did calorie counting today, but I may do weight watchers tomorrow. It usually gives better results. I know the formula in my head haha. And have a calorie book for restaurants, think every fifty calories is a point, every twelve fat grams is a point, and I think every four or five dietary fiber grams takes a point off. I am really happy for you, if he is your best friend, it will work. And go for it, get away from the stress and start your own life. It will take awhile but after maybe a few months you will be your own person and feel for the first time, that life has finally started for you.  

vanilla_bean_frappichino

vanilla_bean_frappichino

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:37 pm
Random fact of the day: My friends chinchilla just ate my bookmark. I just left the book for a second, and the chinchilla jumped up, grabbed it, and ran where I could not reach and ate my bookmark. Pics of the chinchilla coming up soon

User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:51 am
For breakfast, I ate a apple, and cereal with some agape(think that is how it is spelled) Necter. The kind that comes from a cactus.
Total weight watcher points:8
Just thought of this quote, I forget the author who wrote it though
'To be in good health, you must eat what you do not want, drink what you do not like, and do that which you rather not'. Honestly, what if you like eating healthy and excercising? Sheesh. My body is already firming up its muscles (I had been working them out a week before posting on here) Not by nuch though, And I have measured myself this morning, already lost a half inch around the hips. I did take RoseAintMean's advice, and eat most of my food early in the day. My friend made fish, so I am pretty thrilled about eating it. However, I am really craving a frappichino today. I may give in.
Lunch: Soup, some nice beef and rice soup, and one small cookie, and some vitamin water
Dinner: A chef salad, dressing free, with eggs, some meat, and cheese. I got this from the college cafe, because I was having a headache. I looked it up and it said frontal headaches are commen in women, and it means the woman is not having enough zinc, which is commonly found in lean meats, which was in the salad. Sadly, all day I tried to get the frappichino, the frappe maker in the cyber cafe at my college broke down, so I went to the other cafe at my college. The lady there was leaving, and refused to make it. So finally, when I got my salad, I already have enough weight watchers points for the day scream I have 24 points so far, thinking seriously about getting the frapp and calling it the splurge of the week.  

vanilla_bean_frappichino

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:29 pm
Agave nectar is what you mean. Vegetarians use it instead of honey. wink

Also to answer your other post, Matthew has always stuck up for me so moving out with him would be awesome. He's seen first hand how immature and ignorant my parents can be and how detrimental they were to me emotionally. Anyways, I can't wait, it's going to be awesome!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:14 pm
The Silvermoon Alchemist
Agave nectar is what you mean. Vegetarians use it instead of honey. wink

Also to answer your other post, Matthew has always stuck up for me so moving out with him would be awesome. He's seen first hand how immature and ignorant my parents can be and how detrimental they were to me emotionally. Anyways, I can't wait, it's going to be awesome!

haha I misspell alot, it will be awsome. I really hate how some parents do not do their job right.

Day threeeeeee
This morning, my friend made me a egg sandwich, then I had a frappe when we went to starbucks with him and his little brother. I wish I had a picture, it was so cute his little brother and him were cuddling. Ugh why do some people get so cranky on the holidays? For some reason everyone is having a argument about the ham for tommorrow. Who cares if everything matches up? Just enjoy each other sheesh. Got a haircut today too! Happy about that. I also ate a few pieces of chocolate, and had coffee this morning. Tonight I am driving to san antonio to see my uncle, part of the family I actually DO talk to still. Going to have a lovely thanksgiving for ONCE. Oh, my bday is this saturday!. And I stepped on the scale early because of that, it may be so busy on my bday that I do not get to post. My weight as of this morning is
162.2 pounds! That is a weight loss of four pounds already.
Weight watcher points for today: 23.
I know that is really fast weight loss, because it has only been a few days, but I heard from somewhere that lack of strong stress hormones actually aids in weight loss, and there is one stress hormone that makes it harder to lose weight. Happy thanksgiving eve everyone!  

vanilla_bean_frappichino

vanilla_bean_frappichino

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:04 am
November 25 2010
Day fouuurrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Thanksgiving!
Yep, I am on a diet even today. Thanksgiving can be about family and not the food, but I will enjjoy it smile I am with my uncle's family I have not seen in like forever. I got his fiancee to speed walk with me this morning. We went out to eat last night to celebrate me getting in (When I get back home, or maybe even tomorrow, I will post pics of the restaurant and thanksgiving). I really missed them, and they are amazing, sweet people. And my cousin by marriage is close to my age, and we are good friends. So we stayed up late last night playing wii. Really nice guy. Well, last night I splurged on hummus, and some nice grilled chicken. This morning, I had some sausauge and jack cheese, some coffee with lots of 2% milk, and something else that slips my mind. I counted my points still, I had about 15 so far, more family is coming over tonight, and I am saving my appetite for dinner. I will eat healthy though. Haha my friend was shocked because he never carries his phone, and he asked his dad where I was (He was expecting me for thanksgiving) And he freaked out when he found out I left, and texted me to come home safe, and asked me not to get back on the road until after thanksgiving, because of crazy drivers. He is a little over protective, but for some reason it makes him feel good to take care of me. He said it makes him feel really good like if he is able to take care of someone he must have his things straight. Well, his little brother is watching the HEB parade, and I cannot wait to see how that went. Haha I may type alot, but I like to make a document out of my days go, so I can look back. And I really doubt this site will be shut down. It is nice to look back on things. Diet wise, my uncle made cranberry sauce with some orange flavor in it! Will post more tonight.

-Two more days until I am twenty-
I feel like I am getting old sad  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:13 am
November 26 2010

I miss my friend already! Still at uncles house, and doing some online homework before going to a riverwalk. Well, this morning I made myself a frappichino. Homemade. I put fat free milk, and whip cream on top, added french vanilla, pumpkin spice, and cinnamin. So far I have had six weight watcher points. Lets see what the rest of the day has to offer. It feels so good to connect with my uncle's fiancee, it is nice to have a kind family member who is female. She is so sweet and gentle, and kind. Isn't it odd how people who go through hard times are the sweetest sometimes, and they work hard for what they have, and sometimes those who have it good complain and are terrible, horrible people who hurt those around them? Well, god wants us to let go of the past and embrace the present, and I love god so I will try my hardest!  

vanilla_bean_frappichino

vanilla_bean_frappichino

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:35 pm
November 27 2010

Breakfast: Went to a nice mom and pop restaurant that used to be a house, saw my new soon to be family, the parents of my uncles fiancee (My bday kit was makeup brushes!) They got me three sunny side up eggs, some french fries, and some refried beans, all rolled up in a flower tortilla
Lunch: Went to get some ice cream on the riverwalk, the lady made me a ice cream cone, and I figured out they do not accept credit card, so I accidently got a free ice cream, then we went to another small restaurant, and I had a nice gordita, it was delicious. And some tres leches that my uncles fiancee, nancy got me.
Dinner: Made myself a turkey and cheese sandwhich, and some of my special spice tea! My uncle's fiance called us all in the computer room (They have a at home business) And got my cousins and uncle to sing me happy birthday, and we took pics of her drinking my spice tea, I got this precious letter, and a sweet barnes and nobels gift card. It was so sweet that she wanted to make my bday fancy, but what really counts is the love and memories! Looking forward to getting home and seeing my awsome friend Christina and going out when she gets her day off work, and seeing my sweet male friend. I also got a surprise bday call from a guy named Ryan who is majoring in music education at my school. And twelve friends called me for my bday and messaged me on facebook days where we can all get together. It is nice to be surrounded by love and memories. You cherish it more when you have not had it. Sadly, wanted to watch blood and chocolate with my older cousin, but I found today that his pet wolf was hit by a car and died this past july sad . He told me she ran away, I found out today he said that to keep his younger brother from finding out the truth. Now he cannot stand to see anything about wolves because it makes him sad.
Did not count my points today, had farrrr toooo mannyyyyy.
Excercise: Lots of walking around the river walk.
I ate too much today, but today was my birthday, so it is ok. Had some tres leches cake smile . Walked the beautiful river walk (I may be putting up pictures of it). Well, I had well over my allowance. I have made up my mind to only walk a mile every day, then build muscle after I slim up. Too much excercise too early in the routine makes it harder. My grandfather lost weight eating a healthy three meals a day and walking a mile, my uncle told me today. My cousin Randy got lots of candy today (Hence the nickname candy randy) And I am about to watch eat pray love. It is really nice to watch movies about finding oneself. My older cousin who is close to my age, I got to give him a talk today about the real world and how it can be. It was nice to connect today. I also got to play with my uncle's awsome rabbit buddy. My cousin's friend came over, and you know, for all of you who are young adults, those who are mature and make wise decisions, after talking to him, I realized how hard kids in high school have it. Makes me happy I am not in that age group anymore. Young engagements are so common in high school, and cause so much heartbreak. Even though today was my bday, and I am not really happy about leaving kidhood (Even though I will always be a kid at heart) It is nice to know I am getting to a age where I know what I want from life. He had a really nice friend named Sam who came over though, and I got a ride with him to see my cousin's friends. I guess I am seeing what a difference a few years in age can make. And my cousin just asked me to go out to the movies with him and his friends. His little brother is obsessed with halo, and his mom wanted to spend woman time with me, but she does not really enjoy the eat pray love movie sad I may watch two movies today, time spent with my cousin is precious. (Speaking of movies, all you anime lovers may want to watch the portrait of cossette) Ahhhhhhh tomorrow is the drive home, and I really miss my best friend. His mother talked to me, and since he is mad at his sister I had to ask his mom for the following tea recipe that me and my best friend have made a tradition of. We do it after church every sunday because my family used to make really good spice tea, and he wanted me to feel at home, so started a similar tradition with me. Afterwards we went to wal mart and got some ingrediants for tea, here is the recipe

Propel: Kiwi and strawberry flavored, the powdered kind
Packages of green tea, and some fruity tea, and another by choice
A bottle of either ginger ale or perrier

put the tea inside of a coffee maker. Put water in the area where you put water in, let the now hot water flow into the area where the tea bags are kept. When that is done, put two small packages of powdered propel in and mix it in with the tea. You may then add a small amount of perrier, enjoy!
It is quite delicious, and it is amazing on a cold day. Very low in calories.

Note to self:

When I get home, get some of that amazing detergent that my uncle's fiancee has, the ocean breeze lavander one  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff