Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 23. ✿ - - - Gaia Community & Tektek
Selfish people within the Gaia Community.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TH3_G1ITCH_

Enduring Receiver

13,300 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:41 pm
Shut it! K R A Y Z E H' S talkin'!

~~~~~~~~

I don't like it.

Now whenever i donate i'm going to feel like they're going to be mad at me for not giving them enough or what they want.

What ever happened to people just being grateful for what they got?

Once, i was donated a Bitter Porridge. Another time i was donated a Sakura's Cloak. Of course the Porridge was more expensive but i loved both of them people because not only did they think "I'm going to donate to her even though i don't know her personally" but the fact that they were kind enough to do so really meant a lot to me.

Those are the only times i've been donated too. Those two people (who i'm friends with now of course) well, i thanked them until they had had enough. xD I don't know. I just always thought that no matter what you donated people would be happy AND on the whole people are. Just the select few you really can't please.

It kind of makes me sad.

Sorry. Rant over.

And if this is in the wrong place then feel free to move or delete.User Image

~~~~~~~~

Right, NOW you can talk!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:46 pm
You speak real truth.
I adore donations. You girls are the reason I achieved my first ever dream avi, and I loved every bit, from the inks some gave me to the 10k donations to a whopping 200k donation.
Every little bit made things better.

If someone is donating, no matter how small, they're giving something up for you.

So it's completely true that complaining is a wee bit... well, rude.

I agree with you completely, girlie...

And that's all I really had to say. <3

MearaT

Rainbow Raider

TH3_G1ITCH_

Enduring Receiver

13,300 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:48 pm
MearaT
You speak real truth.
I adore donations. You girls are the reason I achieved my first ever dream avi, and I loved every bit, from the inks some gave me to the 10k donations to a whopping 200k donation.
Every little bit made things better.

If someone is donating, no matter how small, they're giving something up for you.

So it's completely true that complaining is a wee bit... well, rude.

I agree with you completely, girlie...

And that's all I really had to say. <3

~~~~~~~~

Thank you, m'dear~!

It's so nice to hear that you achieved your first
avatar because of the people here.

Much love to you~!

heart User Image

~~~~~~~~

Right, NOW you can talk!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:53 pm
I feel the same way as you!
Whenever I donate I anon gift now.. just because there were way to many people that would be like "WOHA THANKS! LET'S BE FRIENDS!" then after a small conversation they ask for more stuff. >_<
I like the warm fuzzy feeling I get from giving.. but I don't like the selfish backlash that so many people seem to give off. D:

Whenever I get a gift I am soooo happy!
No matter what it was or how much it's worth it still makes me happy!
Someone went out of their way to give me something, and they really didn't have to!
..that right there makes me feel awesome. heart
Heck even a simple 'good luck' while I'm questing can brighten up my day when the item keeps climbing in price! n_n

Either way; I don't like selfish people.. it's like "oh thanks for the gift! oh.. but that's all you could give?" or "AMG, TODAY IS SATURDAY AND I DIDN'T GET A PRESENT! D:"

Intoxikace

Sparkly Wench

TH3_G1ITCH_

Enduring Receiver

13,300 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:58 pm
Intoxikace
I feel the same way as you!
Whenever I donate I anon gift now.. just because there were way to many people that would be like "WOHA THANKS! LET'S BE FRIENDS!" then after a small conversation they ask for more stuff. >_<
I like the warm fuzzy feeling I get from giving.. but I don't like the selfish backlash that so many people seem to give off. D:

Whenever I get a gift I am soooo happy!
No matter what it was or how much it's worth it still makes me happy!
Someone went out of their way to give me something, and they really didn't have to!
..that right there makes me feel awesome. heart
Heck even a simple 'good luck' while I'm questing can brighten up my day when the item keeps climbing in price! n_n

Either way; I don't like selfish people.. it's like "oh thanks for the gift! oh.. but that's all you could give?" or "AMG, TODAY IS SATURDAY AND I DIDN'T GET A PRESENT! D:"

~~~~~~~~

Completely this~!
It's like you give someone something and then they ask for something else.
I'm like D:::::::::: (<--- yes if that was a facial expression then that is me) xD

I'm glad to see i'm not the only one though.
Still, i've donated to some people and they've been bloodly
lovely about it. Some tried to donate back~! xD
I told them to keep it for their dream avi though.

Bless 'em.User Image

~~~~~~~~

Right, NOW you can talk!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:14 am
selfish people are horrid
even if theyre rich theyre total noobs
I was in virtual hollywood going round asking people what the best ways to get gold was because I was (and still am) questing north kitten star, and one person said ask for donations and so I did, and some people apologised that they couldn't donate but would help in any way they could (one really nice chap gave me 100k), but one girl got really ragey at me and told me to go away and this was people's hard earned gold I was asking for, now she wasn't one to talk because my friend, who was sat with me at the time, had seen this meanie in her charity forum BEGGING, begging like "I really really need to get such and such because I am sooo poor and I really really like it", and the mean girl had got millions from hell loads of other things and so I laughed and told her that her opinion on asking for donations is differant when she does it.  

emiri-chou

Fashionable Lunatic

12,125 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

TH3_G1ITCH_

Enduring Receiver

13,300 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:21 am
emiri-chou
selfish people are horrid
even if theyre rich theyre total noobs
I was in virtual hollywood going round asking people what the best ways to get gold was because I was (and still am) questing north kitten star, and one person said ask for donations and so I did, and some people apologised that they couldn't donate but would help in any way they could (one really nice chap gave me 100k), but one girl got really ragey at me and told me to go away and this was people's hard earned gold I was asking for, now she wasn't one to talk because my friend, who was sat with me at the time, had seen this meanie in her charity forum BEGGING, begging like "I really really need to get such and such because I am sooo poor and I really really like it", and the mean girl had got millions from hell loads of other things and so I laughed and told her that her opinion on asking for donations is differant when she does it.

~~~~~~~~

Exactly~!
Rich noobs (as i think they're called) just go
around Gaia thinking they're all high and mighty.
I've been asked for donations on Rally before and
i just kindly say i haven't much gold
(which is true)
and the majority just say thanks and move on.User Image

~~~~~~~~

Right, NOW you can talk!

23. ✿ - - - Gaia Community & Tektek

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items