Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Official Post Your Progress Guild*~ Writers Support!

Back to Guilds

We support fellow writers by tracking and displaying word and page counts. 

Tags: Writing, Write, Poetry, Novels, Stories 

Reply Plot/Character/Genre Discussion
My Idea (for my novel)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LillLazaru5

Dangerous Noob

7,750 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:15 pm
I just had to post this because I'm not sure if the plot is too cliche, so I need to someone to help me out, but I'm still going to write the novel anyway. I'm going to begin rewriting it on whenever I can. I've recently published a short story and a poem. I might work on this over the summer.

This is the plot for my horror novel Hennie:

On November 1992: A shy, child-like, 17 year old girl with a psychological disorder named Hennie enters a new world into her new school during her "mother's" pregnancy. When she learns of a murder that happened three years ago of 1989, she begins to question herself and society and those around her, but things spiral downward for her as she also learns of a past that was related to her under a different name. In order to find the truth of herself, she must go beyond her disorder to know what's real, and what's not, and the kinds of good and evil that are within her, but it will slowly change her into someone she never wanted to become.

Themes: Transformation, Lust, Desire, and Evil.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:27 pm
Question: How can Hennie have a half-mother?  

CrimsonsDecayingRose

LillLazaru5

Dangerous Noob

7,750 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:33 pm
Well, Hennie was adopted, so that's why I call the pregnant woman Hennie's half-mother. She is not Hennie's real mother, and that was my point. That's just how I write words like that I guess.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:53 am
The first post has been edited to bring less confusion, and to help myself. Please give a comment, because I still don't know if the plot would be considered cliche. Please help me out. Thank you.  

LillLazaru5

Dangerous Noob

7,750 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Member 100

Racheling

Moonlight Sailor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:23 pm
Most adoptive parents wouldn't be too happy about being called their child's "parents." If you feel it's important to make the distinction, just say her adoptive mother and their relationship will be clear.

Right now there's just not enough detail for me to say much about the plot, though. I just don't know enough.

What's the relevance of the murder? There are lots of murders happening every day, so why is this one important to her?

What is her disorder? How does she go beyond it? Is it a real medical disorder, or is she possessed or something?

Why is she questioning everything in her life? What happened?

Basically, I want to know what she wants and how she tries to get it. Right now the summary is so vague that all I know is she learns of a murder and wants to know something about her past.

If you're having trouble pinning down the plot, maybe you should just go ahead and write it anyway. smile It's not really important whether something in your story is cliche or not--it's all in how you handle it.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:31 pm
Racheling
Most adoptive parents wouldn't be too happy about being called their child's "parents." If you feel it's important to make the distinction, just say her adoptive mother and their relationship will be clear.

Right now there's just not enough detail for me to say much about the plot, though. I just don't know enough.

What's the relevance of the murder? There are lots of murders happening every day, so why is this one important to her?

What is her disorder? How does she go beyond it? Is it a real medical disorder, or is she possessed or something?

Why is she questioning everything in her life? What happened?

Basically, I want to know what she wants and how she tries to get it. Right now the summary is so vague that all I know is she learns of a murder and wants to know something about her past.

If you're having trouble pinning down the plot, maybe you should just go ahead and write it anyway. smile It's not really important whether something in your story is cliche or not--it's all in how you handle it.

I know it's vague. I didn't want to give much detail. I just wanted to know if something like the summary above would work as a full-length novel. It's more of an idea right now I should say.

Thank you for the advice and for the questions. It is extremely helpful, and the questions will definitely help with what I need for my plot and characters.
heart  

LillLazaru5

Dangerous Noob

7,750 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Member 100
Plot/Character/Genre Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers