Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Bariatric Clinic

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

juliezombie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:37 pm
I recently started attending a Bariatric clinic in my home town. In the first two weeks I lost 11 lbs. In the following two weeks I lost a total of 26 lbs. I'm due back for my next appointment soon. My doctor gave a perscrption for Adepex and at every visit they give me a B-12 shot. Have any of ya'll gone to a Bariatric Clinic? And if so did you have results simmilar to mine?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:53 pm
I'm not sure I fully understand what a Bariatric clinic is....what is it?  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

Testicular Diabeetus
Vice Captain

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:06 am
User Image

Yeah what is it?

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:52 am
yeah im curious to know what it is  

Sweetviolenturge

Sparkly Ladykiller

7,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:55 pm
Bariatrics is a system of medically-supervised weight loss. The prescription mentioned (Apedex) is an appetite-suppressant and the B-12 injections are given as part of a protocol to help give you energy and ward off hunger. (The belief is that if your body is getting the vitamins and minerals that it needs then you'll experience fewer cravings.)  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:35 am
User Image

That sound awesome.
I'm curious...
Since you really aren't making a lifestyle change will you gain it back?

I mean you wont be getting shots and be on that prescription forever will you?

User Image

Testicular Diabeetus
Vice Captain

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

juliezombie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:14 pm
I actually have made a complete lifestyle change. I stopped taking my adepex a week ago and I'm still losing. To date I've lost 32lbs. Before I started going to the Clinic I was consuming 2500+ calories a day. Now that my metabolism has been kick started and I've learned betters ways to eat and exercise I crave less food and am consuming about 1800 calories now. As of this morning I weigh 373, and I'm hoping to get too about 200. I'll def keep you guys posted tho  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:53 am
Wow that's really cool!! Good job! I went to the website and learned that there are only 6 locations and they are located in North and South Carolina. That's probably why no one here new what is was (unless if u live there of course).  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:36 pm
Taker of Worlds
Wow that's really cool!! Good job! I went to the website and learned that there are only 6 locations and they are located in North and South Carolina. That's probably why no one here new what is was (unless if u live there of course).

Bariatric clinics and medical weight loss centers all over the place, they just don't always have the same name.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:00 am
Munkers
Taker of Worlds

Bariatric clinics and medical weight loss centers all over the place, they just don't always have the same name.
oh. I didn't know that. I want to find one in my area then and look into it.  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

BitterFantasy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:04 am
so the B12 injections are like the HCG injections. i may try the hcg injections soon but havent heard of b12. but with hcg they are very small needles and its self injections. once a day for around 40days. its seems like b12 and hcg do the same thing. with hcg your building muscle and losing fat and you lose like .5-2lbs a day..yes i said a day.on hcg there a meal plan but you choose from a list of foods to make up the meal and the diet is VLCD. if you choose to workout while on injections it increase the amount of weight loss but even without working out you'll still lose pounds.

so does b12 only focus on body fat too? did b12 have a meal/diet thing to make it perform better?

yeah i hate shots and i know others do too, but i saw the needle and they are puny. i could barely see it still debating on when to do it. but for those who are terrified of needles like my mom there is a thing called NumbleBee.you can look it up if you like its a device that tricks your skin and injects the needle so you cant feel it.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:42 am
Just don't forget that you shouldn't lose more than 2% of your body weight per week! You don't want to start loosing muscle mass. I don't like medications in general. I'm a bit of a hippie that way. I like caffein as a hunger supresant. Although I had to give up coffee cause my body is very sensitive to it. A normal cup of coffee will cause me to not eat for a good 24hrs, sweat while feeling cold, be on a caffein high all day, feel nauseous and not be able to fall asleep for at least 12hrs after consumption. So I stick to tea now lol  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:33 pm
BitterFantasy
so the B12 injections are like the HCG injections. i may try the hcg injections soon but havent heard of b12. but with hcg they are very small needles and its self injections. once a day for around 40days. its seems like b12 and hcg do the same thing. with hcg your building muscle and losing fat and you lose like .5-2lbs a day..yes i said a day.on hcg there a meal plan but you choose from a list of foods to make up the meal and the diet is VLCD. if you choose to workout while on injections it increase the amount of weight loss but even without working out you'll still lose pounds.

so does b12 only focus on body fat too? did b12 have a meal/diet thing to make it perform better?

B12 and hCG are NOTHING alike. B12 is a vital nutrient for your body, hCG is a crock with no medical backing.

Do you know what VLCD stands for? It means Very Low Calorie Diet and is, essentially, a starvation diet. I've seen protocols that allow for only 500 calories a day which is not enough to maintain your body in a healthy way. It's not the injections that help you lose weight, it's the fact that you're not eating anything.

Your weight loss efforts should not only focus on weight loss, but should also help establish new habits that you'll use for the rest of your life. A VLCD doesn't do that. Yes you'll probably lose weight, but you'll be fighting an uphill battle to keep it off because you'll be killing your metabolism with so little food consumption.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:49 pm
Munkers
BitterFantasy

B12 and hCG are NOTHING alike. B12 is a vital nutrient for your body, hCG is a crock with no medical backing.

Do you know what VLCD stands for? It means Very Low Calorie Diet and is, essentially, a starvation diet. I've seen protocols that allow for only 500 calories a day which is not enough to maintain your body in a healthy way. It's not the injections that help you lose weight, it's the fact that you're not eating anything.

Your weight loss efforts should not only focus on weight loss, but should also help establish new habits that you'll use for the rest of your life. A VLCD doesn't do that. Yes you'll probably lose weight, but you'll be fighting an uphill battle to keep it off because you'll be killing your metabolism with so little food consumption.

i know what VLCD stands for. i know everything about hcg. btw the only reason there is no medical back yet is because it isnt approved. and yes some people try to sell it but its not real hcg so people figure that it is a crook, but the real hcg does work.and the by mouth version is too weak to see huge results.but anyways i was saying the outcome is similar not the injections.and the protocols are for 500-800calories a day for hcg.and it doesnt kill your metabolism..it actually helps rev it up. yes without the injections your body would go into starvation mode.hcg prevents starvation mode from kicking in. but honestly for me i actually have healthy eating habits nowadays so getting the weight off and having good habits in the end isnt a problem. so since i have good habits hcg is fine for me.plus hcg curves appetite and also while on it and after it you wont want sugars or carbs.people usually gain 2 to 4 pounds back after it.but frankly losing so much and gaining back so little.i can deal with that.but anyways this thread is about B12 so now...anyone have the results as the OP asked?  

BitterFantasy

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games