Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Pray they don't take you alive... Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:43 pm
Once upon a time, a boy got into the Warhammer 40 000 hobby and his first army was the Dark Eldar... The kabal of the frozen souls.

Once again he picks up this army, is it because of the new codex? Is it because Arath Kahr'Leth wants his revenge once again on the galaxy? Is it because the miniature range is awesome? Is it because of nostalgia?

Well... ALL OF THEM MELDED TOGETHER! THE MADNESS!

As stated I once again picked up my splinter rifle and here I will show you all the progress with my army.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Let the soul-reping begin!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:44 pm
Log

-::2010::-

11/1: My order arrived from GW, it contained Codex Dark Eldar, a box of Kabalite Warriors, a Raider and an Archon, sweet!

11/2: Assembly started, Warriors and Lord went well though being a bit fiddly, Raider is being a pain in the a**...

11/3: Raider is finished! Can't say I enjoyed assembling it but it was really worth it!

11/4: Painted my test model, turned out ok even though it's a bit monochrome (see first page, 3rd post), painting the others as well, I hope to finish all 10 tomorrow.

11/5: 10 Kabalite Warriors finished! Moving on to the raider.

11/6: Raider itself is finished, but I'm off to a party now so I will have to continue on the crew tomorrow.

11/7: Crew finished and I just started painting the Archon, not sure if I'll finish him tonight.

11/8: Finished the Archon and assembled my second newly arrived pack of kabalite warriors and Incubi, 3 raiders to be assembled tomorrow and 6 reavers.

11/9: Picked up my Raider and Reavers at the local hobby store, bought another pack of Incubi and a pack of Wyches as well. I assembled the raiders, 3 in total.

11/10: Assembled the crew for the raiders and assembled another 5 Incubi.

11/11: Assembled my Reavers before I headed to the gaming club to play some Fantasy.

11/12: Assembled the Wyches, basing all unpainted models now and then off to prime them all, painting tonight and tomorrow for my game at Sunday.

11/13: Dropped my Archon today, glued him back together and fixed up the damaged areas. His back-blade got bent so I listened to some advice from you guys and changed it into a grenade launching backpack of doom instead.

11/14: Started painting on the Raiders, slow progress at first but then I watched Lord of the Rings while painting, helped alot! Finished all the highlighting on the raiders during the movie.

11/15: Concidering that the Lord of the Rings helped me out to paint the raiders I started to paint some more while I watched the Two Towers movie, finished all 3 raiders including drivers and gunners.

11/16: While watching Return of the King I painted a full unit of Kabalite Warriors, I think I see a pattern here.

11/17: Had my first game 500 pts, ended in a draw, skipped painting and went to see the new Harry Potter movie instead.

11/18: Had my 2nd game with the Dark Eldar today against an Ork force, Kult of Speed based list, lost due to a single Nob surviving who held an objective, no painting today.

11/19: Started painting on the Incubi, but got bored after highlighting on the first 3, watched my girlfriend play some Nier instead.

11/20: I highlighted the rest of the Incubi and started painting their helmets but got distracted by Nier and the movie Dog House later on.

11/21: Finished the Incubi unit, started painting the Wyches, should be finished tomorrow or tuesday.

11/22:
Finished the Wyches, not quite satisfied with them but they will do.

11/23: Highlighted my first reaver, slaved infront of my NES after that attempting to beat Castlevania.

11/24: Finished the test model for my reavers, tried red hair and liked it, highlighted the rest of the reavers.

11/25: Finished all the reavers, bought tons of stuff and almost finished with the assembly.

11/26: Ravager, 10 Mandrakes and 7 Hellions assembled,primed them and started painting the Ravager and the 10 Mandrakes at the gaming club.

11/27: Finished painting the Ravager and the Mandrakes around 5 am, went to the couch in the gaming club and slept til 11 am.

11/28: Converted Urien Rakarth slightly to use as my own Haemonculi or Ancient Haemonculi.  

Shinobi_8745

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:48 pm
The first uploaded pictures are now up! Here's a group shot of the assembed models.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/Shinobi_8745/Dark Eldar/groupshotdeldar.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/Shinobi_8745/Dark Eldar/deldarwarriors.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/Shinobi_8745/Dark Eldar/Archon.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/Shinobi_8745/Dark Eldar/raiderdeldar.png

And the test model.

User Image

It is quite plain yes, but I went for my old colorscheme, black armour and white helmets, being plain like this they get a "cold" and empty feeling, though I will experiment a bit with the highlights and use other kinds of grey, but perhaps not on this squad, I need to get into the edge-highlighting first.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:38 pm
Looks quite menacing! I like this scheme.  

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:53 am
Simple but effective.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:04 am
Just finished my first kabalite warrior squad.

User Image

I'm about to move on to the raider now... I know I'm going to hate painting it... gonk  

Shinobi_8745

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:19 am
Dunno about the yellow eyes, but other than that they look really neat! Good luck on the rape boat! blaugh  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:54 am
Gosh those are beautiful.  

Sir Kyle Aziz

Messyart

Hostile Streaker

10,775 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:01 pm
Your test is the first I've seen of the new models, and I must say, you've made a beautiful impression on me.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:09 am
Good show, the yellow eyes somehow make them look even colder, like the eyes of a reptile.  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:14 pm
Thanks guys~

I thought I'd post some pictures of the finished raider and it's crew before I hit the couch to play some Castlevania on my NES.

User Image

User Image

User Image

It looks like my old Kabal is slowly gaining some of it's former strength.

I also thought I'd post my new incarnation of the top Archon of my Kabal, Arath Karh'Leth.

User Image

He will be using the rules of Vect.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:51 pm
Dudes.
Hanging.
Off.
The.
Raider.
Are.
Awesome.

On another note, the Archon looks like the Dark Eldar version of Shrike with the twin claws.  

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:49 pm
Jason Kharo
Dudes.
Hanging.
Off.
The.
Raider.
Are.
Awesome.

On another note, the Archon looks like the Dark Eldar version of Shrike with the twin claws.

Entire raider model is great, with sails and ancient galley style prow, and it just asks for humming "He's a pirate" while you speed your guys (and gals!) thru the battlefield. The guys hanging out look like about to make boarding action.
@ Shinobi: are you going to convert Dais for Vect clone?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:28 pm
I might as I do have a throne lying around actually, but that will have to wait until i have finished a couple of more units. ;D  

Shinobi_8745

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:09 am
Awww, no Dark Eldar text on the sails? wink  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items