Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
I love this new app!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:41 pm
This app/website is soo easy to use. You enter your food. It has a huuggee database and if yours isn't there you just have to create it and then it will always remember it. You can use it on your iphone or ipod (dunno about others) and it will sync to the website. Then you can choose to have the website post on your facebook or twitter every time you loose weight or log an exercise etc.

myfitnesspartner.com

I love it. The first day I used it I went over by a thousand calories lol, but the last 2 days I had over 200 calories to spare!  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:49 pm
I heart MyFitnessPal.com!

Of course, keeping my daily dairy is 100% easier with my free Android App
blaugh

I've lost 12 pounds so far with the App/website smile

My favorite forum is Success Stories. ALWAYS inspirational.  

Sidhe Fleshmonster

Gracious Hunter

phloid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:42 am
yay, I just signed up for myfitnesspal!
I used to use the livestrong myplate online application
but the app for my blackberry costs money
and the myfitnesspal one is FREE ^ ^
and it seems just as good
I really think having this on my phone will make me stick to recording everything so much easier
'cause I find coming home and trying to remember all that I ate that day a nuisance.
Yay, hope it helps smile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:14 am
The only thing that I lose patience with is complex recipes. Only because I don't cook my own dinner, so after I eat, I'm asking my mother how much and what sauce and which pasta etc etc and half the time she doesn't remember how much she used. BUT, sometimes your don't know how many calories are in something, and if you knew you might not eat it. So for those times it's uber handy.

The reason I find it works for me is simply because at the end of the day, I know for a fact I am over my calorie goal, so I know I need to work out. And therefore am motivated to do so. Without the app, I often assume I'm fine, not realizing how much fat was in a certain sauce.

OR one of my ski trips I burned like 2000 calories it was insane, my app told me I needed to eat more protein and more fat. It actually adjusted my daily goals, it was like "you're crazy, you better eat more!"  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

phloid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:39 am

ugh, yes it's annoying for like homemade meals.
I'll usually just like... I wont measure out every specific thing. If I made like...
lasagna or something. I'll just type in lasagna and pick one from there rather
than like... searching for the specific sauce, pasta, adding veggies, and
whatnot. Too annoying. I'll take the easier and less accurate way out, hehe.
It's close enough.

but oh yes, that's a good point! you can look stuff up before you eat it and
you can gauge whether your calorie total for the day allows room for a
special treat or something ^ ^

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:43 pm
Being a graduate student, I don't have much time for meal planning (which includes figuring out the recipes, the nutritional balance, the cost, and finally the actual shopping).

Over the last year or so I've learned to pick a basic array of meals that fit my dietary needs AND are low in calorie/high on nutrition. So, at least in my case, the websites "My Meals" function has been invaluable!

Though I can see how it would be difficult if you don't cook your own meals. Luckily fast food chains and restaurants now have to print calorie counts on the menus in my state. That has been SO incredibly helpful to me!  

Sidhe Fleshmonster

Gracious Hunter

Ebania

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:20 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

------I've had it on my iTouch for a week now, and I have only had a positive experience thus far! It's helping me determine how much water I should drink, how much exercise I should do ... For example, I'm very satisfied with how well I hate today (albeit not drinking enough water ...) It says that, at this pace, I'll lose 2lbs a week! Which is more than great!  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games