Submit

Eternal Snow White Queen

Shameless Capitalist

10,850 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Pie Scarface 150
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:56 am
Ok so maybe not all of you but some have been bullied. This topic is for people who feel bullied and hate school becouse of thouse people who think thir better than you just becouse their ritch spoild and have better clothes. Right here I want people to feel like their not alone and to shere our pain. School is a difficult place when there are people who think that your nothing. Oh and good comeback lines are welcome here too. Maybe their stronger than us but not smarter  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:37 am
Quote:
This topic is for people who feel bullied and hate school becouse of thouse people who think thir better than you just becouse their ritch spoild and have better clothes.

Sounds more like the spoiled just being spoiled. It's not bullying in a sense, but it is. It's like low class bullying, but it's just bragging.

Bullies are usually people who have low self esteem about themselves, so they drag you down with them to make themselves feel better.
The ultimate weapon against bullies is to just walk away and smile, and get an adult. Don't use comebacks, you'd only be sinking to their level.  

Nanaremilamina

Timid Explorer

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:26 pm
Um, bullies are just insecure kids.
Don't give them what they want -- which is any sort of reaction.
Ignore it because you're better than that.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:54 pm
Eh, I agree with those two~
I am a victim of verbal bullying, and no I don't get an adult. Ahem... I do simply walk away. Sure, they may be insecure, but they are being childish, and anyone willing to stoop so low doesn't deserve your time of day.

Of course... I was brave enough to tell my brother... and he was almost kicked out of school with the ways he handled it. SO... don't bring it to violence like he did xD

Simply be the bigger person :3  

RainbowAlpacaz

Traumatized Dollie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:20 pm
When I was in school, I was:
• bullied
• harassed
• treated like crap
• briefly stalked

I've got restraining orders on the stalker and the main one harassing me, and to deal with the bullying, I did what I had been told to do since I was six; ignore.
Until it got into actual harassment, I would just ignore it. I stayed away from the kids who gave me crap and stuck near the kids that didn't, focused on my work, and took it to the administration team or, in some cases, the police when it escalated to a level that I felt was dangerous territory.

I can honestly say this: bullies don't all do it for the same reasons. In fact, that "oh they're just using you as a way to make themselves feel better about their own insecurities" stuff that a lot of people hear a lot from adult figures is, from what I've seen, a complete lie in more cases than they'd like you to think.
However, most bullies have the same goal; getting a reaction.

Just ignore it and when it becomes dangerous (sexual harassment, threats, physical bullying, stalking, etc.), give them the reaction they more than likely do not want. Which is a run in with the police and/or expulsion from school.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:50 pm
Before I moved;
I got picked on for being "lesbian"
My best friend ( who was a girl ) would sit on my lap during lunch because there was no where else to sit.
We had stuff thrown at us & were attacked by a group of people.
Stereotypes were really big at that school & divided everyone.
Often the groups would end up attacking each other.
When the rednecks started a fight with the goth kids I was smart enough to walk away. If I hadn't I would of been covered in piss like a few of my other friends. Was gross that they were so immature that they resorted to throwing bodily fluids

After I moved;
My teachers picked on me..
I was mega depressed back then so they had plenty to use when saying stuff.
Like they asked if I knew what a shower was, or if I ever did laundry. etc etc
I didn't shower much because I developed a habit of cutting myself every time I was in there. So i avoided it as much as possible.

In all fairness though.. when the teacher made fun of me.. I made fun back. I even laughed when he choked on food. which resulted at him throwing a pencil at my head -_-;

The students never picked on me but they did pick on my friends. Which pissed me the hell off nine ways to Sunday.
I couldn't deck her because the girl was pregnant at the time :/

All in all.. I wouldn't of changed any of it. It's a part of growing up.
It only gets worse after high school so you have to learn to deal with it sooner or later.

Lady Kira X

Caring Cleric

10,300 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Seasoned Warrior 250

sterek

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:33 pm
I used to be verbally and physically harassed (beaten up, actually) in school for a shitload of reasons when i was 12-15. It was pretty ******** awful back then. You say the wrong thing, you hang with the wrong crowd...and s**t happens. Teachers wouldn't help; they were siding with the bullies because they wanted to be "cool". (Private schools, how I loathe them.) To be entirely honest, it only stopped the day I smashed a guy's head on the ground and told him to ******** off. After that, people who used to pick on me started talking to me. By the time I was out of high school, I had received apologies from pretty much everyone and I even befriended some of the "popular kids". I think the bottom line is that you have to stand up for yourself and never let people walk all over you.

It's been four years since high school and things are REALLY GREAT right now. They got immensely better the nanosecond I was out of that place.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:24 pm
Just saying, bullies come in more flavors than 'rich, spoiled, popular girl', hon. It's never that simple, especially as you get older.

Anyways.
Verbal bullying since kindergarten. Fun times.
Plus other non-physical bullying like passive-agressiveness and social exclusion. I've made the mistake many times of trying to stay friends with people who have changed since I met them and are no longer good for my mental health. :/

If you're in a private school, I'd suggest talking to your parents about getting out of said private school and in to a public school (I had to do so in second grade because of verbal bullying). Public school has it's own craziness, but I found it easier to find friends and avoid bullies, simply due to the number of people there.

Physically ignoring it or walking away is a great first step. The next step is to spend years growing up and learning to deal with it. I've yet to reach a point where the verbal bullying doesn't effect or hurt me, but the time it takes me to get over it has gotten shorter and shorter with time.  

theluckyduke

Twilight Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:26 pm
I was almost completely isolated from my peers in elementary school; from grade one to grade six, the only person I really had was myself and that really affected my self-worth. It wasn't just the isolation that caused (and still causes) me problems, but they would also spread rumors about me, call me names, and pick on my verbally and psychologically.

It got to the point where I was actually cutting myself to deal with the internal pain and contemplating suicide. Even now I still have issues with my self-esteem and have difficulties with trusting people and opening up. I don't like crowds and social situations. When I was in my dark spell, I was a little desperate for having some form of company that I was willing to let people use me and abuse me – as long as they 'wanted' me than I would put up with anything.

Bullies aren't always about them being richer or more spoiled, I still don't really know what drove the kids at my elementary school to isolate me as they did, but I know that kids are a lot more capable of cruelty than some adults think they are.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:21 am
well..i go to a school were people aren't
really bullied but their are the type of girls that
are rude & snooty. & also talk about people alot.
but every school has people like that. am i rite?
^.^

Spurtles

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:36 am
Well, I'm 21 years old now so I'm completely finished with secondary school (high school) however, I will share with you what my life was like at school.

So when I was in secondary school I had made two friends, they were both Indians and they were the nicest people I have ever met. Suddenly they told me that they had to move schools, and I was absolutely gutted.

I tried mixing in with people I didn't know, but I found it hard work because I could tell that I was either being ignored or whispered about.
You could see them snickering or looking at me. It was really uncomfortable.

In classes, it was bad, a group of boys would always pull my hair, laugh at me, call me ugly, laugh at my acne, etc. It eventually got worse when they started throwing pencils and rubbers (erasers) at the back of my head.

One time one of the boys scared me when he tripped me over on purpose with his leg. I went flying, books everywhere and yet no one would help me pick up my books or anything. I felt alone. He even threatened me after he tripped me over his exact words were, ''I will get my sister to beat you up.'' and I was extremely confused because I hadn't done anything wrong.
Anyway, I never did get beat up, but I was anxious after he said it.

This is when I lost it completely. I was in history class and the group of boys were laughing and talking about me and started flicking pencils and rubbers at me (as usual) so I tried to ignore it but then I felt a sudden anger, and sadness hit me like a ton of bricks, I stood up from my seat and shouted, ''RIGHT THAT'S IT! I'VE HAD ENOUGH!'' the entire class was laughing, I walked to the history classroom door and slammed it.
I stood outside in tears and shaking. The history teacher came out to see me and told me to go back in class and that's when I said to him, ''No, I'm not going back in there.'' he started to get mad at me, but I just walked away from the classroom because I wanted to go home. I was sick and tired of being treated like rubbish when I hadn't done anything wrong.
So then I think I went to reception and told them that I wanted to speak to the headmaster. I told the headmaster what had been going on, and she said she would have a word with them. So she did and I got moved seats but the bullying didn't stop. I was starting to get pissed off.

Lunch time was bad as well because I use to get pushed and shoved when I lined up for my lunch. When I reached the cafeteria I would get glared at by some girl or boy when I don't know why.

Well, because I had no friends, here is the embarrassing part I would sit down at a table by myself, or if I felt lonely I would sit with the teachers as they really liked me. It felt great to actually be liked.

I remember one time I had my trainers (sneakers) taken, and I found out, they had been thrown into a dirty place. I was really depressed because I liked those trainers, and they did that to me for absolutely no reason.
I didn't even know this person.

Gym class was what I dreaded the most because the popular girls would laugh at me. They laughed because I hadn't developed boobs yet, and I wore a sports bra. I shouted at them to shut up, but they never stopped.

Any sort of sport which required a teammate was never me, they would say, ''Why do I have to have Kim on my team? She can't do anything right.'' then they would laugh or shout at me if I did something wrong.
They always picked me last on purpose because they really didn't want me on their team. It was awkward standing there when everyone had been picked and the teacher saying to a certain group, ''You will have to have Kim on your team.'' then they would say, ''Aw, no!''

The gym teacher wasn't nice to me either. I would get shouted at for missing the ball. I remember saying ''Sorry!'' repeatedly but you could tell she was fed up with me, same with the guy gym teacher. They didn't like me. it was obvious.

Also, I forgot my gym trainers (sneakers) and the gym teacher forced me to wear some ugly ones. Every single person in gym class was laughing their head off at me.

Going home on a bus was something I absolutely hated but my mum or my dad didn't have a car, so I had to put up with it.
But this one time I was getting off the bus when I felt something in my hair. It was spit. Some nasty boy had spat in my hair. I burst out crying when I got off the bus because everyone at the bus station was laughing at me.

My mum never knew what happened to me at school, for some reason, I couldn't tell her. I use to come home crying all the time or getting angry with her. I think that was due to stress.

Eventually, I told my mum that I can't go back to school because they would hound me again. My mum didn't understand so I kept going to school, and of course I was miserable every time I got back from school.

I thought this secondary school was the perfect school.
I said to my mum when I finished primary school that I found the perfect secondary school, and I was happy because my dad use to go there when he was younger so two of the teachers knew me from knowing my dad.

I was wrong and I wish I could go back and change my secondary school that I picked on the form.

I apologize for this extremely long post, but I had a lot of problems at school, so I wanted to address them all in detail.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:27 am
Kimzy, you've had it rough, and I'm sorry you had to go through that. No one should have to, and those kids deserve all the bad karma they have coming to them.

As for me, it was elementary school where I was verbally abused. Before the sixth grade, I had friends and wasn't really bullied. Well, they all screwed me over in our final year, and I was a social outcast. Because not many people talked to me, I just read. That was when this girl(let's call her A) started all of these rumors about me. I had never really did anything wrong to this girl, but she still gave me crap for being different. You would not believe how glad I was when summer rolled around and it was time to get ready for junior high.

Sadly, my peace of mind didn't last long. In the second semester of seventh grade, when all the classes and lunches were switched, she wound up in my lunch hour. A made fun of me yet again, but this time, all of her so-called friends were starting to hate her, and her childish antics were getting extremely old. No one really stood up to her, but at the drop of a hat, all of A's friends left her, and she moved.

I'm in high school now, and so far, life has been pretty good. I have two really great friends and a crew where I'm always welcomed in. Sure, I'm still being made fun of every now and then from losers from elementary school(who went to my junior high and are going to my high school), but that doesn't bother me anymore.

So, Kimzy and everyone else who were bullied, life will get better. It's only a matter of time. Oh, and I'm sorry for the long post.  

Carter Valentine

Quotable Genius

13,075 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200

TheOneOfName

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:17 am
It's mainly due to them feeling empty, and trying to fill the void with any kind of attention, like a neglected young child. They don't seem to care how much it affects them negatively, but just to know that they are revered in any way seems to make them happy. The trick is to try and talk it out with them, and if things start to get violent, that's when you make sure you have someone else with you. The trick is to keep the other person on standby if things start to go south.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:13 am
TheOneOfName
It's mainly due to them feeling empty, and trying to fill the void with any kind of attention, like a neglected young child. They don't seem to care how much it affects them negatively, but just to know that they are revered in any way seems to make them happy. The trick is to try and talk it out with them, and if things start to get violent, that's when you make sure you have someone else with you. The trick is to keep the other person on standby if things start to go south.

What about if you don't have any friends to stick up for you?  

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

tiannaaaa

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:37 am
User Image
User Image
I Think That Bullying Needs To Stop. ♥
Bullying Has Caused Children To Commit Suicide And Families Are Being Effected.. (:

29. ✿ - - - School and Work

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff