Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cherub and Friends Art Guild

Back to Guilds

In this guild you may post your art for all to see, get tips on improving your work, and enter our monthly contests! 

Tags: anime, drawings, avatar, manga, shop 

Reply Tips, Tutorials, and General Questions
I Need Help !! >O<

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xx--EMOM3--xX

5,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:08 pm
Well I Really need Help On drawing The bodyy Sideways .. Its Hardd .. Soo, Can Anybody help Me ? LOL ..
Andd i Think I Need Help On The hair A Bit Too .. i guess ..

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:14 pm
Here are tutorials for you to look at: [x] [x] [x]
*Note that this is for side view*  

Magezian

Tipsy Raider

8,000 Points
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Pie Enabler 100

Quvi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:34 am
INCOMING WALL OF TEXT

First, an easy to understand comparison:

User Image

Structure of the Head:

You might be asking, "Quvi, why are you comparing anime proportions to real life? My head is more stylized!" True, stylization allows you to break free from realistic proportions; but only to a certain degree until it becomes too inhuman. Structure of anime is based off of the human form, and blending them together makes for a more proportionally sound character.

You notice immediately that you are lacking in a place where the brain is stored. The head is too narrow horizontally. The human head in profile is actually wider than one thinks.

The eyes:

I PERSONALLY think the eye is way too large. Seeing the bottom of the eye reach the mouth makes me uncomfortable. I tried translating your picture over into frontal view, but it actually looked kinda cute so I won't critique you there, hahaha sweatdrop (dies a little inside, realizing this is standard anime proportion)

User Image

The Solution?:

Begin to throw in some realistic proportions to give your pictures more than the stereotypical anime feel.

User Image

Here, I moved your face around with the smudge tool to fit a tiny bit more to realistic proportions. I raised the bridge of the nose to the top of the eyes, (Take a look at the skull on the first image, note the relation of position of the top of the eye socket to the top of the bridge of the nose), made the eyes a lot smaller (But relatively big, as it seems like you like it big; incoming dirty joke?), lowered the face/chin area, and extended the head more to the right, so a brain case exists (it is still too small on the bottom area).

Oh, and feel free to ignore the second and third point. I think your style is rather cute. But do not ignore the brain case part. That is where MANY people blunder up and make the head look disproportional.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:52 pm
Xx--EMOM3--xX
Well I Really need Help On drawing The bodyy Sideways .. Its Hardd .. Soo, Can Anybody help Me ? LOL ..

Coloring:

Also, think where light comes from, don't just put light and dark on random parts of the body/hair. Try to color with more "strength" than using a brush tool with no hardness. It'll make your pictures pop more smile Good luck!  

Quvi

Quvi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:54 pm
Quvi
Xx--EMOM3--xX

Coloring:

Also, think where light comes from, don't just put light and dark on random parts of the body/hair. Try to color with more "strength" than using a brush tool with no hardness. It'll make your pictures pop more smile Good luck!

messed up quoting :<  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:47 pm
I think I might be able to help you with coloring the hair.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

See the little blobs of black and gray beside the (fail and bad example-but-I-really-don't-have-anything-else-like-that-uploaded) character head? Those are the colors I used for the hair.

Take a base color (more on the darker side and not the darkest you want for shading and shading stuff, for the picture here, I used the second to darkest color, since her hair is black.) and color in the lines, and even if it looks flat, don't worry. I also recommend doing thin, short lines (Really unlike I did in my picture) and depending on if you use a tablet, (I use one) keep the pressure hard for now. Color everywhere you want the hair to be (duh).

Step dos:
Grab yourself a darker shade of your base color and draw thin lines where all the shadows are going to go (and don't forget to add a few lines in with the base color as well! The hair ain't all flat, you know, and don't forget your light source either!). I blur those lines for a more realistic-like look (Or even turn the opacity down a few notches). (Don't press too hard!)

Step three:
Grab yourself a lighter shade of your base color and use it to put highlights in the hair, just small, smooth lines using very little pressure.

Step four:
Grab yourself some white or an extremely light shade of your base color and anime tends to have a line across where the light bounces off the hair. Follow where the light source is and make a horizontal line (curved with the shade of the hair). Blur it a bit and turn down the opacity.

I'm not exactly sure if this helps, but here you go!

Use a few tutorials from DA to help out, like this one here.  

Sapphirianna

6,400 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Xx--EMOM3--xX

5,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:05 pm
Thankks For The Help Andd . I Just HAD TO sAy This !! I LOVE YOUR SIGNATURE (Siggy) (: Its Amazing .  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:38 pm
thanks!  

Sapphirianna

6,400 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Tips, Tutorials, and General Questions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers