Psychic
  Witch or Wizard
  Anthropomorphic
View Results

Spellbound Blasphemy
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:04 pm

Table Of Contents

If you'd like to play, check out the posts and send in your character profile! Thanks!

• Table Of Contents You are here
  • Rules
  • Forms
  • Backstory
  • Guidelines For The Races
  • Places: A General Guide
  • About Me
  • Character gallery
  • Whitelist
  • Blacklist
  • FAQ
  • Guidelines For Posting
  • Reserved
  • Reserved
  • Start!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:07 pm
Rules

For the sake of everyone here, please, follow these simple rules.

• Follow the Gaia Terms Of Service.
  • Follow the Gaia Rules and Regulations.
  • Keep it PG-13. Anything much above this will result in... bad things. Namely warnings, blacklisting, banning, or possibly being kicked out of the guild for repeated offenses.
  • Keep it literate. This is a literate roleplay; this means that every post should look like a chunk out of a story. Chatspeak is not acceptable, unless being used in dialect or other such things.
  • Be nice.
  • Nothing overly gory.
  • No killing other user's characters.
  • Post using your posting color. Mine is indigo, for example. It helps us to figure out what character is talking.
  • Keep on-topic. This thread is for the story, not for chatter.
  • All story posts should be in third person, present tense. (Don't know what this is? Google it.)
  • Have fun.

Spellbound Blasphemy
Vice Captain

Spellbound Blasphemy
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:09 pm
Forms And Other Such Nonsense

Everyone's allowed to join this roleplay, but please PM me using this form so that I can put up your character bio before you start playing. Okay? Okay.

(Oh, and please, identify yourself with this roleplay when you PM me. I run three involved threads in this guild, plus, I'm guild vice-capitan. I like to know what I'm dealing with)

Here's the form:

Hey, Spellbound! I'd like to submit my roleplay character.
[B]ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER[/B]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Time of year when born:[/b] (Since Charitas doesn't really run on a calendar yet, just figure out about what time of year your character was born. The seasons here are in the same order as they are in the Northern Hemisphere of Earth.)
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Sexual Orientation:[/b] (This means homosexual, bisexual, transgendered, straight, asexual...)
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Brief Backstory:[/b]
[b]Personality Key Points:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Anything else we need to know?[/b]
[b]ABOUT YOU[/B]
[b]Posting Color:[/b]

Here's how I'd fill the form out for my main character, Nicholas (yes, I am a girl with a male character...):

Esmeralda Jordan Radcliffe
Hey, Spellbound! I'd like to submit my roleplay character.
ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER
Name: Nicholas Thornton Baker
Time of year when born: Early summer. Usually celebrated around the summer solstice.
Sexual Orientation: Straight.
Appearance: 6 feet 5 inches tall. Wiry. Curly black hair that falls to the tops of the ears. Dark brown eyes. Pale skin. A scar over the bridge of the nose from a training accident at age seven. Usually seen wearing all black. Looks about two to three years younger than he actually is.
Brief Backstory: Born to the vampire nobility in the year 2090, Nicholas grew up in the lap of luxury. He was educated well by his family's tutors, and never once saw a lick of work at home. He was, in short, spoiled rotten.
Personality Key Points: Spoiled. Bratty. Arrogant. Vain. Cold. Quiet. Seething. Conniving. Devious. Liar.
Race: Vampire: Approximately 95% vampire, 5% human
Anything else we need to know? His mood can change in an instant. Beware the wrath of his fangs.
ABOUT YOU
Posting Color:Indigo.

Simple, right? Send that in, filled out like I did, and once it's posted to the character gallery, you're ready to play.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:10 pm
The Backstory And Other Necessary History

I'll tell you a secret; I spent a lot of time planning this place. Why? It's the setting for my National Novel Writing Month story.
So why am I setting a roleplay here? Because I want to see what other people do with it, of course!

This entire story takes place on the planet Charitas. No part is on Earth. Here's some history for you;

Esmeralda Jordan Radcliffe

In the year 2057, the United Nations Council of Supernatural Abilities gathered to decide what was to be done with those who possessed supernatural abilities or those of mythical or supernatural bloodlines. After exhaustive deliberation, the verdict was handed down that the constituents in question would be sent to the relatively nearby planet of Charitas. English-speaking countries sent their "delegates" first.

After all people with special abilities were shipped out (by the year: 2062, or year 5 on the newly established Charitan calendar), it was decided by nearly unanimous vote that all anthropomorphic, lycans and vampires were to be sent to Charitas.

By 2070 (year 13 on the Charitan calendar) Earth was 100% human. Charitas was 100% supernatural.

The current year is 2110 (year 53 on the Charitan calendar). Charitas has established a monarchical government. Due to the fact the vampires are naturally intelligent and were, at the establishment of the humanoid population on Charitas, a high percentage of the population, the power of cold fusion as a source of electricity has been harnessed. Buildings are typically made of stone and are very solid structures. Transportation is a conglomeration of foot power, bicycles, monorail systems and private, single-person transport units called "monopods". The means by which one travels, however, is dependent upon social and economic status.

However, although it is a relatively technologically advanced planet, healthcare on Charitas is lacking dramatically, and a high percentage of doctors are not doctors at all, but rather "highly skilled shamans". The real skill and effectiveness of such doctors remains to be seen.

Education is fully private and typically highly costly, especially in the magic and elemental manipulation ("bending") fields.

Vampires have been in control of all branches of government since 2069 (year 12). As a result of this, lycans are experiencing inequalities not unlike their African-American ancestors in the American 1950's and 1960's; that is to say, they are horribly oppressed and have very little civil rights in the eyes of the law.

Although this planet is supposed to be equal, there is no such thing on Charitas.

Any questions? No? Good.  

Spellbound Blasphemy
Vice Captain

Spellbound Blasphemy
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:11 pm
Information About The Races

On the planet Charitas, there are six distinct races. Here's some info about them:

Vampires
Vampires are the leading race on Charitas in that they have taken control of the monarchy there. They're very powerful.
Vampires are naturally intelligent and good-looking. It's a means of surviving; if they're smart and attractive, they can lure their prey of gullible humans. Vampires can't survive off of animal blood. They can only drink human blood.
There are four levels of vampire;
Pureblood
As the name implies, this type of vampire has no human in his or her bloodline. They're extremely powerful, but extremely rare. They tend to be very vain and arrogant.
Purebloods are immortal. They can only be killed by being stabbed through the heart.
If a pureblood vampire drinks the blood of a human, the human will either die or become a vampire.
Aristocrat
Aristocratic vampires have very little human blood in them, although the specific amount can vary.
Aristocrats tend to live anywhere from 1,000 to upwards of 5,000 years.
Commoner
Commoners have a considerable amount of human in their blood.
Commoners typically live anywhere from 500 to 2,000 years.

Former Human
A former human is a vampire who was born human, but was transformed when a pureblood drank his or her blood.
Former humans tend to drink the most blood of any class of vampire. They live anywhere from 100 to 200 years.
The vampire's greatest natural predator (and, therefore, greatest natural enemy) is the lycan.

Lycans
The layman's term for lycan is werewolf, and lycans go by both on Charitas.
Lycans can shape-shift at their will, but their power to do so effectively and stay in wolf form for long periods of time is greater at night.
Lycans tend to live in clans in remote, wooded areas with enough mammals to sustain them.
In their human forms, lycans tend to be stocky, muscular, hairy, gruff and quiet.
When a lycan shape-shifts into his or her wolf form, he becomes a full-blown wolf. The color of his or her fur depends on their skin and hair color in human form.
Lycans live longer than humans. Full-blown immortality can be achieved by drinking the blood of any vampire other than a former human. Thus explaining the deep-seated hatred between the races.

Benders
There are eight separate classes of benders. No bender can be in two classes; that is to say that a metal-bender cannot also be able to manipulate fire.
Earth
Earth-benders can manipulate dirt, rock, stone and mud.
Water
Water-benders can manipulate water in all of its forms (solid, liquid and gas). They can also make water change forms (ice to liquid water to steam, for example.).
Air
Air-benders can manipulate the air currents and wind around them.
Fire
Fire-benders can spontaneously create fire. They can also manipulate fire.
Metal
Metal-benders can manipulate anything made of more than 50% of the coinage elements (nickel, copper, zinc, silver, platinum, gold, tin and aluminum).
Electricity
Electricity-benders can change and manipulate electric currents. They can also spontaneously create lighting bolts.
Carbon-Based Life Forms
Carbon-Based-Life-Form-Benders (also known as life-benders) can make any living carbon-based life form move. They CANNOT, however, control the thoughts of any other life form.

Psychics
There are six main classes of psychic.
Telekinetics
Telekinetics can move anything by power of their minds. They are different from benders in that they can control any element in any state, whereas benders are more specific.
Mind-Readers
Mind readers can read the thoughts of others. Sometimes, this is manifested through voices in the head; in other cases, people literally "read" the thoughts of others through floating text in front of their eyes. The latter is much rarer.
Aurics and Auric Manipulators
This category is rather vague. It includes those that can see the human aura, as well as those who can manipulate its size, shape and frequency. Aurics are often powerful healers.
Future-Seers
This one's really self-explanatory. Future-seers posses foresight, and have visions of what will happen in the future.
Mind-Controllers
Mind-controllers can control the thoughts and willpower of other humans.
Empaths
Empaths possess psychic empathy. They can sense the true emotions of others. They also tend to feel the emotions of others for themselves. This makes them highly emotionally volatile.

Witches and Wizards
Witches and wizards can specialize in two areas of magic; defensive and offensive. Defensive magic includes healing and shielding spells. Offensive magic includes attacks.

Anthropomorphics
Anthropomorphics can, at will, take on the traits of animals. (Think along the lines of Cooro and the gang from Natsumi Mukai's manga series +Anima)
The most common types of anthropomorphs are fish (this is the origin of mermaids and mermen), birds, dogs, cats and wolves.

Hoo boy, that's a lot! Have any questions? PM me.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:12 pm
Information About The Planet Charitas

The word "Charitas" means "Charity" in Latin. The planet itself is anything but.
Charitas is the forth planet from a relatively small star, and this means that it is, generally speaking, a cold little planet. Near the equator, the average daily temperature in summer is about 65 degrees Fahrenheit. In the extreme northern and southern regions, the average daily temperature in summer is about 35 degrees.
In its formative years, Charitas received a high amount of bombardment from space debris. Because of this, Charitas has a very harsh landscape with high mountains and deep valleys.
You may run rampant with locations. XD  

Spellbound Blasphemy
Vice Captain

Spellbound Blasphemy
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:14 pm
About Me

Hey everyone! I'm Spellbound Blasphemy, and I'll be running this roleplay. Here's a little bit about me.
Name:Esmeralda Jordan Radcliffe is my pen name. You can call me Spellbound, Nat, Natalie, Esmeralda... whatever. My character's name is Nicholas, but don't call me that!
Time of year when born: March.
Sexual Orientation: Straight (taken.)
Appearance: Short, brown hair, eyes that change color. Glasses. Pale skin.
Brief Backstory: Born in raised in Denver, Colorado. A nerd through and through. I was a GT pull-out kid all through elementary school before switching to a gifted and talented magnet school. Now, I'm in high school, where I hang out with the honors society kids and the art nerds.
Personality Key Points: Random. Spontaneous. Academic.
Race:Caucasian mutt. (I'm a little bit of everything.)
Anything else we need to know? I am THE grammar nazi.

(A note about when I post: it'll be in black when it's not related to the storyline and indigo when I'm posting as my character, Nicholas.)  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:15 pm
Character Gallery

Name: Nicholas Thornton Baker (Spellbound Blasphemy's character)
Time of year when born: Early Summer. He celebrates his birthday right around the summer solstice.
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Appearance: About 6 feet 5 inches tall. Wiry. Pale skin. Black, curly hair that falls to about the tops of the ears. Dark brown eyes. He wears a lot of black and other dark colors.
Brief Backstory: Nicholas was born into Charitas' vampire nobility. He grew up in the lap of luxury, receiving a finer education than most boys his age could ever dream of getting. He never had to lift a finger in his life. In short, he was, and is, spoiled rotten.
Personality Key Points: Vain. Arrogant. Cold. Quiet. Conniving. Liar. Devious. Seething. Intelligent
Race: Vampire; approximately 95% vampire, 5% human
Anything else we need to know? His mood can change on a dime. Beware his fangs.

Name: Chiro Hatsune (Aiko Hashimoto's character)
Time of year when born: She was born in the early spring, when the first flower grew out
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Appearance:Click! she doesn't look like she's 16, and many people don't believe she's 16...she has always black or grey clothes, but it doesn't matter, to her.
Brief Backstory:She doesn't know much about it, it seems like a dream to her. She was born in the forest, and her mother was a magician. She lived in the nature by her own, when her mother died(she was only one year old...). Now she can become any animal she want, but every time she dreams, she sees a little part of her life, when she was a baby.
Personality Key Points: Smiling, have fox ears, talks very quietly, blushing.
Race: Magician, Anthropomorphic.

Spellbound Blasphemy
Vice Captain

Spellbound Blasphemy
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:16 pm
Whitelist & Blacklist

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:17 pm
FAQ

Spellbound Blasphemy
Vice Captain

Spellbound Blasphemy
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:18 pm
RESERVED

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:19 pm
RESERVED

Spellbound Blasphemy
Vice Captain

Spellbound Blasphemy
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:15 pm
((First post. Please, continue on in this manner! biggrin ))
With an exasperated sigh, Nicholas sent away a hand-maiden from his room. She was getting on his nerves; her intellect was low and her vocabulary was even more simple. She couldn't make any sort of conversation.
Nicholas made a note in his mind to fire this girl. He could always find another. Commoners ran rampant on this planet.

((Whoever's next can start from a completely different place and not interact with Nicholas. It's fine. biggrin ))  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:17 am
Chiro walked in the rain. She looked down. She sighed.  

Aiko Hashimoto
Crew

4,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Spellbound Blasphemy
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:05 pm
"NICHOLAS!" A thunderinc cry rang out through the halls of the Baker mansion; the voice of an older woman filled the air.
"What?" Nicholas shouted, not bothering to move from his place on his bed.
"What the hell did you just do?!" The voice shouted, now louder than it had been before.
Nicholas growled under his breath. "Mother, I'm twenty years old! I have a right to do as I please!"
"Not under my roof you don't. I expect you to hire a new maid by tomorrow, mister! You hear me?!" Mrs. Bakers' voice showed just how livid she was at the moment.
"Fine, fine." Nicholas obliged, taking the lead crystal goblet from his bedside table. He swirled the liquid inside. It was blood, pure blood.
He took a long sip as the clicking of his mother's heeled shoes faded away from his bedroom door.

Roleplay Forum :D

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff