Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply All In the Golden Afternoon
Monthly Newsletter via Guild Announcements?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Monthly Newsletter?
YES YES YES OH MY GODS YES
90%
 90%  [ 9 ]
Sure, why not?
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
NO NO NO OH MY GODS NO
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:24 am
Hello my dears!! It's been a while since I've sent out a guild announcement, and when I do send them out they're usually jam-packed with information and news listed in no particular order, which can be kind of strenuous on the eyes and brains...

So all of a sudden I got to thinking, why not try a monthly newsletter or something to that effect? The Wonderland Post... has a nice ring to it, ne? Anyway, it'd have sections for guild events, highlighted RPs, out-of-guild Wonderland news, birthdays of the month, and such things. So it'd basically be like a regular guild announcement, except more organized and most likely with a pretty banner at the top.

Questions/Comments/Concerns/Statements/Manifestos? Discuss here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:54 pm
~Advice from a Caterpillar~

Sounds cool; especially the out-of-guild Wonderland news; I quite often search for news relating to Alice in Wonderland or adaptations of it. If you need any help I'd be happy to PM you any interesting Wonderland information I find on the net. That is... if you want. ^_^

Azure Caterpillar

Kyoki DirzettE

6,750 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:56 pm
Sounds good to me. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:32 pm
Awesome! Thanks for your input, guys. And Azure: of course I want! You are the queen of Wonderland research!! =D

Also, anyone interested in a banner-type contest if we decide to go through with the newsletters? Like a 400Lx100W header or some such?

The Night Faery
Captain

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:12 pm

Okay. ^_^ If I find anything of interest I'll PM you; and you can decide to use it in the annoucement or not. I like researching anyways.

About the banner contest; it sounds interesting but I dunno if I could make a very good banner... I have Photoshop Elements but my banner making skills arn't brillient.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:37 pm
I has a manifesto!

...no, not really. But I do love this idea! If I knew there was a monthly newsletter to look forward to, I'd actually notice when I miss one in the sea of announcements that is my My Gaia page. 3nodding Plus it sounds interactive, and I love the idea of this guild taking steps to keep people informed. ^_^

I think a banner contest is a good idea! I'd put entries in... I suck at banner making, so I apologize for your eyes in advance, but the spirit of it all would be fun! ^_^

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:53 am
Wheee! This is exciting. So I shall take these three votes and run with them... Azure has already provided a ton of help with the outside-Gaia news, as offered... because she's amazing. :3

Anyway, the first one will probably be sent out in a couple days and I'll be asking for suggestions on a fixed date/week/first-Thursday-of-the-month or whatever to send these out.... but yeah. Yay!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:41 pm

^_^ I'll keep you posted if I find any more Wonderland related news.

Azure Caterpillar

Mrs Dobbins

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:50 pm

Just wondering if the newsletter thingy is still going to be posted. I mean I could keep sending you Wonderland news if you want. ^^;

By the way this is Azure.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:38 am
I could tell it was you, lol...

I know, I've been terrible about this whole thing. The App Months came much more quickly than I expected and I've been scrambling to get things done IRL.... I still want to send out newsletters though --New Year's Resolution? I think for December, just a holiday greeting and perhaps that contest I dreamed up ever so long ago.... but starting January I'll try to write one every month. And I would love more news! You are absurdly helpful and amazing, Azure. (:

The Night Faery
Captain

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:48 pm

Okay if I find any more interesting news I'll send it to you. ^_^

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:53 pm
Sounds like a great idea! I'd love to get a monthly newsletter from this guild. cat_3nodding  

ll Fatal Charades ll

All In the Golden Afternoon

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff