Submit

What should I do?
  Let it go . . . You're doing a good thing
  Keep it! Poor him if you leave him!
View Results

Empirical

Ruthless Autobiographer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:16 pm
I got big problem here, my cat, Joey is such a mess. He is not taking cleanness to high priority = Peed sometimes outside of the litter box, and my dad can't take it anymore.
I got this option and reasons to support and decline it:

Let it go crying
Good thing:
-Freedom for him, no more need to stay in cage while its night
-He can do anything he want
-I don't need to spend money on him anymore (my family need some less stressing stuff to happen)

Bad thing:
-I don't know if he can survive, I'm scared about that cause I've keep him for a long time since he was kitten
-Where he want to get food? Digging through the rubbish can?

Keep it
Good thing:
-I can make sure that he is healthy and got some food.
-Being my friend when I'm alone (I'm a loner when I don't use computer)

Bad thing:
-Dirty! He sometimes peed in front of the door!
-Spend a lot of money on him . . .

Help me decide it!
If I keep it, my dad will hardly become happy with me. If I let it go I'll become very sad, cause I love him (Joey) . . .
But I doesn't take a good care of him but its much better than leave him dieing when he was only 1 month and a half old (he is 7 months now . . .)  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:34 pm
My cats sometimes pee on the bathroom carpet, and my parents had to do a little research. I would probably reccomend the same, research it on the internet and ask your vet about it.  

Cinna Feather

Shirtless Lover

5,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200

poke the princess

Fashionable Ladykiller

6,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:08 pm
KEEP IT!!! please please please!!! i work at the humane society and i hate it when ppl are forced to give up their pets for solvable reasons crying

talk to your vet about options, and look up potty training online. He could be marking, which you might be able to solve by taking him outside sometimes, but be sure you're watching him. if you have a backyard with a fence around it, let him lose and let him explore some. PLEASE just find an alternative to letting him "loose" if my tips dont work.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:29 pm
If you're scared he wont be able to survive on his own, bring him to an animal shelter (and SPCA if there is one near you). If you don't know any SPCAs, your vet will probably know a good shelter for him. Whatever you do, don't let him go into the wild, he will not survive, he is too used to being in a home. Just please, whatever you do, don't let him free into the wild. A humane society or ask your vet about potty training. And like someone else said, let him in the yard. If you don't have a fence, get him a collar with a leash so he wont run away.  

Muted_Nightingale

8,400 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:38 pm
To be completely honest, neither. You said your parents don't want him there and you don't take really good care of him. This makes being at your home a bad situation for the pet. You parents could turn abusive with him since they don't want him around. You also shouldn't 'let him go'. Throwing your animals out is a horrible thing to do. You took on a lot of responsibility when you got the cat so you need to go about it maturely. The best option in this situation is to either give the cat to a good home where he will be taken care of and treated right or take him to a shelter. The shelter will care for him and try to find him a home.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:40 pm
ll-Frantic-ll
To be completely honest, neither. You said your parents don't want him there and you don't take really good care of him. This makes being at your home a bad situation for the pet. You parents could turn abusive with him since they don't want him around. You also shouldn't 'let him go'. Throwing your animals out is a horrible thing to do. You took on a lot of responsibility when you got the cat so you need to go about it maturely. The best option in this situation is to either give the cat to a good home where he will be taken care of and treated right or take him to a shelter. The shelter will care for him and try to find him a home.

Agree. But not just any shelter. Make sure you visit the shelter often enough to know how they treat their animals. I trust the SPCA (humane society) a lot more than just any other shelter.  

Muted_Nightingale

8,400 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:43 pm
Muted_Nightingale
ll-Frantic-ll

Agree. But not just any shelter. Make sure you visit the shelter often enough to know how they treat their animals. I trust the SPCA (humane society) a lot more than just any other shelter.

Completely agree with you there. Some shelters treat animals badly, and I know you wouldn't want that, so yes, please make sure it is a good shelter and they will treat him right. Being able to check up on him would be great also.  
13. ✿ - - - Animals And Nature

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games