Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cherub and Friends Art Guild

Back to Guilds

In this guild you may post your art for all to see, get tips on improving your work, and enter our monthly contests! 

Tags: anime, drawings, avatar, manga, shop 

Reply Tips, Tutorials, and General Questions
I'm having alot of trouble O~o

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rizzi Chan

Sparkly Lover

6,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:13 pm
I don't have what everyone else seems to use... so i want to make my hand drawn pics better can someone help me???? wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:39 pm
Gimp is the only free drawing program i can think of , ovcoz there a way to crack photoshop but its complicated and illegal ovcoz

by the way do u use scanner to upload pictures? usually they come with photo editing software so maybe u have cd laying around  

RzDz
Vice Captain

Rizzi Chan

Sparkly Lover

6,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:56 pm
we have a printer and scanner thing, so i scan my pics onto the computer  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:31 pm
Scan the original, then redo the lines in ink and scan it again, it makes for a cleared image.  

Sapphirianna

6,400 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Rizzi Chan

Sparkly Lover

6,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:52 pm
User Image

Sapphirianna->ok here is a pic i drew in paint coz thats all i got  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:52 pm
Programs won't make your drawings better. It's how much effort you put into to make it good.
If traditional art is the best way for you, go for that~

If you really want to improve however, then I wouldn't suggest using photoshop programs right off the bat. They just hand you what you need. A paintbrush and pencil won't just hop up and start drawing whatever you want on that paper...Of course, once you get some techniques up your sleeve, then I'd suggest computer programs. =) Cuz you can have some of the best effects in the world with some of the most horrid shading, colors, and what-not if you do't really know what you're doing..

I really really suggest working on light and dark contrasts first.. Those are key elements in art.  

Vapora Star

7,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100

Rizzi Chan

Sparkly Lover

6,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:22 am
thanks smile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:45 pm
Well, if you want to create digital drawings, you should start out with tutorials and understanding on how to use them. There are also free programs such as paint.net or gimp. You can find many tutorials by pictures, videos, books, etc. For free programs, you should probably look at youtube videos of the artists using that program and when you understand the functions of the art program, you can look at other artist's works and try to copy a little of how they created it. You need to use your analyzing skills for this.  

Magezian

Tipsy Raider

8,000 Points
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Pie Enabler 100

Rizzi Chan

Sparkly Lover

6,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:53 pm
ok  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:15 pm
The real thing pretends on what your position fits the most, like you are more home with colored pencils. Then you should look up on how to color it better. I have photoshop to make it my picture the little extra like adding a filter or make it brighter, but Im still home with traditional art.
People have said it already, but gimp, or MS paint is a good thing to start (i used mouse before i got tablet) if you want to try out how to work in computer. If its not the cup of tea, you can always go back to pencils or anything you want to work with and improve it better. You will be better, it will take some time.

Hardrock_Cafe

Aged Smoker

8,400 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
Tips, Tutorials, and General Questions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items