Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
OhMyGodI'mSoHappy!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

This guild is the god of awesome-ness?
YES!! what kind of a dumb question is that?
100%
 100%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 7

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:26 am
I finally fit in them again!!!!! 4laugh 4laugh I had these 2 capri jeans that I can fit into again, I'm so happy I could cry. They were my favorite pairs of Capri jeans and I couldn't wear them since forever BUT now they fit with ease. I didn't know losing 14 pounds would make that big of a difference.

I really have this guild to thank. You guys are awesome and keep me motivated and wanting to come back and try new things.

*HUGS and healthy cookies for all*

heart  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:29 am
Photos please!

LOL DROP MY NAME

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:47 am
sweatdrop I don't look very different though. I want to lose at least another 15-30 pounds before snapping photos of my body.

I am glad to say though, my BMI is finally in the "over weight" part rather than the "Obese" part. I'm working my way down. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:52 am
Taker of Worlds
sweatdrop I don't look very different though.

That's what I keep thinking about my own body, but then people who have no idea I've been working to lose weight will come up and comment on how different I look. It can be hard to notice how the changes add up when all you can see yourself is the tiny change from yesterday to today. But if you're fitting into smaller clothes, I'm sure you look different. Sometimes taking pictures and holding them side-by-side with your old ones can help cement in your brain the idea that you really do have a new body shape.  

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

pigeonsoup

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:54 am
What Munkers said. Also, 14 pounds of fat is a lot more than it seems.

This is a woman holding a life sized model of what 5 lbs of fat looks like, and you lost almost three of those! Of course it made a difference. heart  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:05 am
User Image

WOW!
I'm so happy for you!
Keep it up!
^^

User Image

Testicular Diabeetus
Vice Captain

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:38 am
I was SO happy to get out of the 'obese' section of the BMI chart. Congrats!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:59 pm
Munkers
Taker of Worlds
sweatdrop I don't look very different though.

That's what I keep thinking about my own body, but then people who have no idea I've been working to lose weight will come up and comment on how different I look. It can be hard to notice how the changes add up when all you can see yourself is the tiny change from yesterday to today. But if you're fitting into smaller clothes, I'm sure you look different. Sometimes taking pictures and holding them side-by-side with your old ones can help cement in your brain the idea that you really do have a new body shape.

Yep... I quit trying to lose weight over the summer (had been trying hard during last school year), and one of my older teachers didn't recognize me because she said I'd lost weight. Congrats! It may not feel like much, but only one pound can make a difference smile  

Baddicus B itch

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Euthanasia Phase

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:27 pm
Seraphsody
I was SO happy to get out of the 'obese' section of the BMI chart. Congrats!

THIS. Regardless of how you look, the numbers tell the truth about progress. Congratulations on the pants, though, Taker of Worlds! It's always exciting to fit into previously small clothing again.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:03 am
Thanks everyone for the awesome replies! I've been sick with a cold for the past few days but I'm finally over it, so I'm going to start running again so I can keep losing weight and not just maintain at 183 or 182 (keeps fluctuating).  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

Ligand

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:21 am
GO YOU! 14 pounds is a lot whether you notice it or not. =]! I'm sure you look like a whole new person, you just haven't realized since you see yourself everyday. Keep up the good work :3  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:24 am
Thank you. I think I'm down to 181.5 but I will double check on Saturday. If I get down to 177, then it will have been a 20 pound loss. I can't wait.  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

Sunsway

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:56 pm
Congrats! Ah, fitting into smaller clothes must feel awesome. My dream. smile  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games