Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cherub and Friends Art Guild

Back to Guilds

In this guild you may post your art for all to see, get tips on improving your work, and enter our monthly contests! 

Tags: anime, drawings, avatar, manga, shop 

Reply Tips, Tutorials, and General Questions
What is an Art Auction?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Magezian

Tipsy Raider

8,000 Points
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:25 pm
Yahoo.I seen and heard of these, but I never really understand it. IS there really a huge difference in an art auction than an Art Shop? What I do know is that an Art shop is for commissioning the art buyers for a specific price. Art Auctions... Do the buyers want the artist to commission them for a certain amount of money, or are they buying the artist's art? I seen a few that offer art and the buyers would bid a certain amount of money higher than the starting bid (or the last bidder). But there are some that don't auction their art. Instead, they auction themselves to commission the buyer. It's so confusing!

Yahoo.If anybody could help me out in what an Art auction truly is, I will be very thankful. Just so you know, I have read the rules in the Art Auction forums, but I did not comprehend some of it. Thanks.

~Watergirl244

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:21 am
i've been wondering the same thing for awhile. so sorry can't help you here.  

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200

roseankitty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:27 am
User Image

There are several different forms of an Art Auction.

Premade Auction: There is the Auction in which the artist is selling a piece of artwork that they have done already (Basically what you see is what you get)

Some artists, while doing this, will place heavy water marks so that those in the auction can still see the art, but there would be no way of stealing and taking off the water marks. Then who ever wins the Auction, they will be sent a copy of the art with out the water marks on it. .]

Ready to Order: Another kind of auction that I have seen is one where the artist will give you examples of their work and say that the winner of the auction will get an artwork made by an order, otherwise what the winner wants. Avi art, OC art, Fav. Character art, anything that the Host of hte Auction says that they will draw for the Auction winner.

Group Auctions: Then the last kind of Auctions that I have seen on gaia, are what I like to call group auctions.

It is where a couple different artists of all kinds of levels come together and offer up a bundle. Winner of the Auction takes all the art, no matter what form it comes in (premade or ready to order).

I do hope this helped out, and this is just from my understanding... lol

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:09 pm
@Sleepy Ninja: Well thanks anyways smile
@RoseanKitty: Oh, thank you! Now I understand (by the way, I like your picture)  

Magezian

Tipsy Raider

8,000 Points
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Pie Enabler 100

roseankitty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:47 pm
lol, any time Watergirl244!

And thank you! Did it myself. ^^ Photomanipulation is always a joy if done correctly! <3  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:34 pm
@roseankitty: Cool! I did a little bit of photo manipulation but I wasn't that great with it. Here is my sample:

User Image  

Magezian

Tipsy Raider

8,000 Points
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Pie Enabler 100

roseankitty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:52 pm
lol, the color one... I have yet to do a project like that.. mmm..

Its on my list of things to do.. XDD

My DA has a folder in my gallery of all my Photomanipulation projects. ^_~

lol

And pooh... I have been forgetting my posting layout... >.< But its just because I am busy copying and pasting other things... XDD  
Tips, Tutorials, and General Questions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games