Welcome to Gaia! ::

Street Art Guild

Back to Guilds

Whether you do graffiti, paste ups, stickers, stencils or even just art inspired by them, this is the place to hang out 

Tags: graffiti, sticker, stencil, paste, design 

Reply Street Art Guild
TWO THINGS {problem}

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dusklord

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:56 pm
I'm on foot in this small town doing this and that, started doing stickers, put a tag here or there (wish i didn't cause it's soooo sloppy under pressure)..

My first question..

The town's small, and I'm not accustomed to this at all. As I said before I'm on foot..when i put a sticker up it's no big deal for me, slap n' go...

But when I put a tag with paintmarker, it just breaks my calm and makes me pariniod...

I can put up stickers, I can put up instilations ,but when it comes to me and paint...I freeze up..and my calm breaks..and thus, the ultimate ******** .. (will i ever get over this???)

Second question...

I know everywhere in that town, which way to go Ect; Ect'...(Is it better to keep it on foot??.. Or should I just get a vehicle? *i'm almost in possesion of a van*)  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:53 am
I think it's harder to bust out a quick tag if you're driving around. Although a van could possibly give you a lot of cover if you did it right. But overall I would keep it on foot.

I had the same problem whenever I tried tagging. My handstyle went to who knows where, and my tag just looked disgusting. Maybe more practice will cure that. But in the end I decided to stay with stickers and do something I'm pleased with in my own time, and then sticking it up.  

izak1399
Captain

5,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Megathread 100
  • Flatterer 200

SOEP ONE
Crew

The Committee Staff Member

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • nuGen Staff 25
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:21 am
If the area isn't hostile, then on foot is definitely good (IE gangs and police) It's good to blend with the crowd. If you want to expand your spots, a van is GREAT. I've gotten up pretty far in my old car. So you have the paint jitters? LOL
You should have a mind set of ******** IT, I'M (insert name here) AND I'M GONNA ******** s**t UP! (it's good to have a big ego when getting up with paint) LOL no lie, it relieves the jitters and keeps you focused with your style. IDK if that works for everyone, but that's how I did it... lol  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:44 am
I'm the same way. Just stick to areas you're comfortable with first, low risk places to catch tags -- Alleyways, etc.
The best advice to get rid of nervousness is to jjust go with other people. When you're with others, you don't even think about it.  

SADERR
Crew

SOEP ONE
Crew

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • nuGen Staff 25
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:08 am
Jonathonn
I'm the same way. Just stick to areas you're comfortable with first, low risk places to catch tags -- Alleyways, etc.
The best advice to get rid of nervousness is to jjust go with other people. When you're with others, you don't even think about it.

I concur. cool  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:04 am
i ride around on bike
which seems to get me spot to spot

profuse
Crew

Phantom

SOEP ONE
Crew

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • nuGen Staff 25
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:12 pm
iC o w t i p e r
i ride around on bike

LOL that brings me back to my high school days... lol  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:41 pm
Well I used to just walk around with a friend of mine and that worked for the most part, but it looks too suspicious...get this though, the guy's a cop...yeah ironic lol, he does a lot of stencil work.  

dusklord

profuse
Crew

Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:40 am
SOEP ONE
iC o w t i p e r
i ride around on bike

that's prolly cause yall didn't have cars back then
lol  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:33 am
iC o w t i p e r
SOEP ONE
iC o w t i p e r
i ride around on bike

that's prolly cause yall didn't have cars back then
lol

talk2hand  

SOEP ONE
Crew

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • nuGen Staff 25

s c a r y w a f f l e s

750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:06 am
first question

don't be afraid in tryin..although im a not used in using spraypaints you can learn a lot in trying, just be confident.besides, theres no harm in trying right?

second wuestion

I have no experience in vandalism in public ^_^ ( sounds strangely enough, I'm a bit a good boy xd xd xd )  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:34 pm
s c a r y w a f f l e s
first question

don't be afraid in tryin..although im a not used in using spraypaints you can learn a lot in trying, just be confident.besides, theres no harm in trying right?

second wuestion

I have no experience in vandalism in public ^_^ ( sounds strangely enough, I'm a bit a good boy xd xd xd )

I'm just going to guess that you're a school boy... taking art classes? What school you from? I've been bouncing around from Manila to Olongapo, to Zambales.... STILL CAN'T GET ANY DAMN CONTACTS HERE! stressed
If you're riding the Victory Liner, sit in the back and you'll see my slaps... LOL cool  

SOEP ONE
Crew

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • nuGen Staff 25
Street Art Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers