Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
I can do this... Kk's Journal ((edit)) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Baddicus B itch

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:15 pm
9/21/2010
'Sup, I'm Kailey, and I'm about 5' 8''-5' 9'', and I weigh ~143 lbs. I'm also 14, so....
I've lost around 16 pounds since April, and people are telling me I look better. But better isn't good enough for me.
Those months, I've skipped lunch, and quite a couple times, dinner too. Now I'm eating regularly, and I went from 138 to 140..
I want to weigh 125 pounds. But for now, my goal is 130. Here's my plan

A bit fewer carbs, more fruits and vegetables.

More toning, more running.

Weight lifting to turn my noodle arms into something.

Pick up a healthy diet/habit.

Tone tone tone my arms, legs, and stomach.

Eat 3 meals a day.

Get in shape for tennis and try out for basketball next year.

Day 1
-Woke up 5:15 am. Put makeup on, contacts, and ate a Pepperoni pizza lean pocket with yogurt and a glass of milk. Walked to the bus stop, a street over, and caught it at 6:30. I believe I forgot my vitamin supplement.

-Lunch: Eggroll, fried rice, milk, cookie, pinneapples. I ate school lunch =.=

-Dinner: Cereal & Milk, Banana, Nutella on whole wheat toast.

Exercise: Wii fit. Ran on the short, long, and Island distance levels with weights. Combined: 18 minutes. Torso twists with weights, 3 minutes. Plans for tonight: Exercise band, 10 minutes. Weights, 10 minutes. (Because it rained until dark, I couldn't go outside.)

Combined: ~41 Minutes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:51 pm
Good luck on your journey! Exercise is great for building up your cardiovascular fitness and endurance and for helping suppress the urge to snack, but if your goal is to shed fat, it's really important to clean up your diet. Eating well doesn't mean establishing a list of "forbidding foods" or anything like that though. It means giving your body quality fuel and paying attention to your total calories. Good eating habits will get you the body you want a lot faster than just focusing on exercise.

Out of curiosity, what makes you feel that you should be eating less protein?  

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

Euthanasia Phase

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:58 pm
Hello and welcome! You sound like you're on the right track with eating a healthier diet rather than being overly restrictive (also, the marching band and tennis should contribute to improving your fitness). However, protein is actually something that you might want to eat more of, as it helps with hunger and gives you more energy. Lean chicken and pork chops are very low in calories and very filling.
While the exercise sounds good, at least in the earlier stages of weight loss diet has a lot more influence. So, perhaps establishing a healthy number of calories for your body type might be a good plan to start out with. Good luck!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:12 am
Hysterisches Zyanid
Hello and welcome! You sound like you're on the right track with eating a healthier diet rather than being overly restrictive (also, the marching band and tennis should contribute to improving your fitness). However, protein is actually something that you might want to eat more of, as it helps with hunger and gives you more energy. Lean chicken and pork chops are very low in calories and very filling.
While the exercise sounds good, at least in the earlier stages of weight loss diet has a lot more influence. So, perhaps establishing a healthy number of calories for your body type might be a good plan to start out with. Good luck!
Thank you! smile  

Baddicus B itch

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Baddicus B itch

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:14 am
Munkers
Good luck on your journey! Exercise is great for building up your cardiovascular fitness and endurance and for helping suppress the urge to snack, but if your goal is to shed fat, it's really important to clean up your diet. Eating well doesn't mean establishing a list of "forbidding foods" or anything like that though. It means giving your body quality fuel and paying attention to your total calories. Good eating habits will get you the body you want a lot faster than just focusing on exercise.

Out of curiosity, what makes you feel that you should be eating less protein?

Oh, alright. I thought it was bad to eat too much protein, and I felt like I was eating too much of it..  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:47 pm
Day 2, 9/22/2010

Breakfast: Nutella on wheat toast, a banana, milk.

Lunch: Whole wheat Pizza, fries, pear, milk ((School lunch again.))

Dinner: Raising Cane's ((My grandma forced me to eat there -_-)) Three chicken strips, fries, toast, Lemonade.

I thought I would give myself a more intense Wii workout. (my parents don't like me going outside the house....)
So I did running for about twenty minutes, fifteen torso twists, and fifteen lunges on each foot. Not sure how much that is combined.

Basically, I ate poorly. And according to my Wii, I gained .9 pounds... Not good. I'll try harder tomorrow.

Does anyone happen to live in Louisiana and go to Personally Fit? I want to get a membership, but my mom's skeptical...  

Baddicus B itch

Sparkly Sex Symbol

pigeonsoup

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:02 pm
I hope you aren't weighing yourself after you eat, ever. Food weight doesn't matter. And remember the scale will always bounce up and down a pound or two. It's just natural :3
And treating yourself to stuff like Raising Canes really is not a big deal. It's not like you can never eat there again ever for the rest of your life. Just as long as you don't eat like that every day, and make healthy choices most of the time, it's okay. Don't fret so much 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:34 pm
laurenwithoutsound
I hope you aren't weighing yourself after you eat, ever. Food weight doesn't matter. And remember the scale will always bounce up and down a pound or two. It's just natural :3
And treating yourself to stuff like Raising Canes really is not a big deal. It's not like you can never eat there again ever for the rest of your life. Just as long as you don't eat like that every day, and make healthy choices most of the time, it's okay. Don't fret so much 3nodding

Thanks. I was worried about that, and eating school lunches..
Would I be better off with P90x or Insanity? I'm only 14, but I need to lose wieght...  

Baddicus B itch

Sparkly Sex Symbol

pigeonsoup

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:33 pm
You're 14? How much do you weigh?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:38 pm
laurenwithoutsound

143 pounds.  

Baddicus B itch

Sparkly Sex Symbol

pigeonsoup

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:18 pm
Kk_the_cynical
laurenwithoutsound

143 pounds.

That's not too bad. Remember you're 14 and your body is still developing and growing. Even if you're short now, you may grow over the next few years and that weight might turn out to be just fine in the end. I wouldn't let yourself be too troubled by it for now. I'd say the best thing you could do at this age is to learn how to eat healthy and get physically active more, without worrying about what the scale says, because fit and healthy is most important. And also to learn how to love and accept yourself, no matter what size you are. Your pant size may go up or down, but you will always be you.

So yeah, don't worry too much about what the scale says. It's good you're taking control of it and and learning to manage it, just make sure you learn how to do it healthily, and don't let it define your happiness.

I bet you could probably go in to your school counselor and talk to them about it. They'll probably be able to help you learn how to make healthy eating and fitness choices and help you get comfortable in your own body. Insecurities about weight or looks can turn into much worse things, especially seeing that you've tried to starve yourself in the past. It's best to get to work now on your body image and self esteem before that negative thinking can get any worse. Believe me, I wish I'd gotten help learning these things at your age, maybe I wouldn't have gotten as messed up as I did. heart  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:21 pm
laurenwithoutsound
Kk_the_cynical
laurenwithoutsound

143 pounds.

That's not too bad. Remember you're 14 and your body is still developing and growing. Even if you're short now, you may grow over the next few years and that weight might turn out to be just fine in the end. I wouldn't let yourself be too troubled by it for now. I'd say the best thing you could do at this age is to learn how to eat healthy and get physically active more, without worrying about what the scale says, because fit and healthy is most important. And also to learn how to love and accept yourself, no matter what size you are. Your pant size may go up or down, but you will always be you.

So yeah, don't worry too much about what the scale says. It's good you're taking control of it and and learning to manage it, just make sure you learn how to do it healthily, and don't let it define your happiness.

I bet you could probably go in to your school counselor and talk to them about it. They'll probably be able to help you learn how to make healthy eating and fitness choices and help you get comfortable in your own body. Insecurities about weight or looks can turn into much worse things, especially seeing that you've tried to starve yourself in the past. It's best to get to work now on your body image and self esteem before that negative thinking can get any worse. Believe me, I wish I'd gotten help learning these things at your age, maybe I wouldn't have gotten as messed up as I did. heart
Thanks a bunch (: That really helped.. I'll give that a try.  

Baddicus B itch

Sparkly Sex Symbol

pigeonsoup

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:31 pm
Wait! I just looked on your profile and you're tall so nevermind the short statement. But it also changes things. You SO don't need to lose weight at all! your weight isn't even technically overweight unless you were shorter than 5'4. In fact your right smack in the middle of perfectly healthy for your height, especially at this age where your body is still going through tons of changes. In fact your body won't fully settle down until you're graduated from high school, probably. If you do still want to lose weight, you shouldn't attempt to lose more than 15 or so pounds. What you probably do need most is toning, because any "flab" you might have is probably just because you aren't toned up in those areas, I highly doubt it's because you're fat. At your height, getting too much skinnier would just make you look skeletal.

I also might add that I know a lot of tall girls are insecure about their height. But I'm toootally on the other side of that, I'm SUPER short, and I was insecure about it forever. In the end every height has it's pros and cons, but it's still your body and you can't get a new body so you have to learn to love the one you got. Besides, confidence is SO much more attractive than any physical feature could be.

Operation Beautiful is a great resource for learning to get comfortable with your body. And if you want any other resources to help, either with health or body image or whatever, just go ahead and PM me heart  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:56 pm
laurenwithoutsound
Wait! I just looked on your profile and you're tall so nevermind the short statement. But it also changes things. You SO don't need to lose weight at all! your weight isn't even technically overweight unless you were shorter than 5'4. In fact your right smack in the middle of perfectly healthy for your height, especially at this age where your body is still going through tons of changes. In fact your body won't fully settle down until you're graduated from high school, probably. If you do still want to lose weight, you shouldn't attempt to lose more than 15 or so pounds. What you probably do need most is toning, because any "flab" you might have is probably just because you aren't toned up in those areas, I highly doubt it's because you're fat. At your height, getting too much skinnier would just make you look skeletal.

I also might add that I know a lot of tall girls are insecure about their height. But I'm toootally on the other side of that, I'm SUPER short, and I was insecure about it forever. In the end every height has it's pros and cons, but it's still your body and you can't get a new body so you have to learn to love the one you got. Besides, confidence is SO much more attractive than any physical feature could be.

Operation Beautiful is a great resource for learning to get comfortable with your body. And if you want any other resources to help, either with health or body image or whatever, just go ahead and PM me heart
Ok, thanks! I'm going to check it out.
Yeah, I was made fun of in middle school for being tall, and fat, but now, I'm one of the shorter freshman ^^" so it's a good shift. I just felt really fat because I have this friend who's so much taller than me and a walking skeleton, but I'm sure she isn't anorexic.. But I'm going to try to change my attitude, and I think it's working now that I'm in a new school.. Thank you smile  

Baddicus B itch

Sparkly Sex Symbol

pigeonsoup

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:02 pm
Yeah, we all have different bodies, and all our bodies our beautiful n.n Super skinny is just how your friend is meant to be. It's silly to try and live up to someone else. Loving yourself is so much more important in the long run :3  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff