Reply 14. ✿ - - - Anime And Manga
Worst Anime Ending You've Ever Seen? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gas powered stick

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:56 am
So, I know that many of you have watched animes, both good, and bad ones. So, what is the worst anime ending that you have ever seen?

The worst ending I've see had to be Shugo Chara: Season 2's ending. I was super disappointed that Ikuto just ran off, and for that reason, I decided not to watch the remainder of the series.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:24 am
Hm...the worst ending I've seen has to be the Fullmetal Alchemist one I meen I don't see how the story just endind up like that...I just hope that the brotherhood ending is better than this one  

Eternal Snow White Queen

Shameless Capitalist

10,850 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Pie Scarface 150

Kaiko luv

Friendly Friend

6,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:39 am
School Days for me....I mean I didnt like how the story was plotted any ways....Makoto needs to go to hell. Thats why im glad he died....the only good part about the ending.
:3
~ Kaiko luv  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:23 pm
i didnt like how death-note ended  

xXxGuardianReaperxXx

Rei-Melon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:28 pm
I agree with Eternal, the ending to FMA was pretty disappointing. The ending to Cowboy Bebop disappointed me as well.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:39 pm
I agree with Guardian Reaper. The worst ever ending I've seen is Death-Note.

It felt rushed and sloppy, like it's story line was thrown together at the last minute. Also, it was rather silly, one of the best things about this anime is it's "realism" despite the supernatural aspect and yet at the end we have people gushing out millions of gallons of blood and Light surviving several gunshot wounds only to be written off by Ryuk. Even DBZ never went that extreme. I also thought Light's "break down" was very badly formulated and came out very a little OOC considering how he handled himself throughout the series.

It's also cut off abruptly with no real resolution. What happened to the world Light created? After his death did crime rates skyrocket? Did his vision come true? Did he go to the shinigami world like Ryuk said he would in episode one!?!?! If so, did he become a shinigami?!?! What about Misa!?!? and What the hell is the freaking smoke monster!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!  

xena91388

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

emiri-chou

Fashionable Lunatic

12,125 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:52 pm
xXxGuardianReaperxXx
i didnt like how death-note ended

ditto  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:44 pm
xena91388

It felt rushed and sloppy, like it's story line was thrown together at the last minute. Also, it was rather silly, one of the best things about this anime is it's "realism" despite the supernatural aspect and yet at the end we have people gushing out millions of gallons of blood and Light surviving several gunshot wounds only to be written off by Ryuk.

Huh? Death Note was hardly realistic, even if you ignore the supernatural aspect. Someone starts killing off criminals, and aside from the task force everyone supports this and thinks that Kira is fantastic. You've also got things like Light's desk trap (that would be more likely to accidentally blow up than actually protect anything) and you do not eat potato chips that way.

Ryuk also said back at the beginning of the series that he'd write Light's name down when Light stops being entertaining, so that didn't really come out of left field or anything.

xena91388
Even DBZ never went that extreme.

DBZ blows up planets on a regular basis and had several macguffins for bringing characters back to life. neutral

xena91388
I also thought Light's "break down" was very badly formulated and came out very a little OOC considering how he handled himself throughout the series.

I always interpreted Light as having a massive God-complex. He saw himself as a god, and throughout the series he killed off people whose only crime was daring to challenge that idea. Near not only challenged this, but completely ruined his plans. I think the breakdown fits.

xena91388
It's also cut off abruptly with no real resolution. What happened to the world Light created? After his death did crime rates skyrocket? Did his vision come true? Did he go to the shinigami world like Ryuk said he would in episode one!?!?! If so, did he become a shinigami?!?! What about Misa!?!? and What the hell is the freaking smoke monster!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

The last chapter of the manga addressed this, although I think the anime left it out. Crime rates returned to about the same level as pre-Kira once the killings stopped, although some people are convinced that Kira's just taking a break. Ryuk said Light "can never go to Heaven or Hell", but neither exists in the DN world and a human who dies just dies. Misa killed herself after Light's death.  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

xena91388

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:37 pm
Zephyrkitty
xena91388

It felt rushed and sloppy, like it's story line was thrown together at the last minute. Also, it was rather silly, one of the best things about this anime is it's "realism" despite the supernatural aspect and yet at the end we have people gushing out millions of gallons of blood and Light surviving several gunshot wounds only to be written off by Ryuk.

Huh? Death Note was hardly realistic, even if you ignore the supernatural aspect. Someone starts killing off criminals, and aside from the task force everyone supports this and thinks that Kira is fantastic. You've also got things like Light's desk trap (that would be more likely to accidentally blow up than actually protect anything) and you do not eat potato chips that way.

I do eat potato chips that way! lol jk Things like Light's desk trap are actually plausible, and while it is more likely to explode IRL, his purpose was to destroy the book, he could make the explosion large enough to incinerate it and injure the snoop. Consider it's "perfection" creative license. As for the Kira fans, how is that any different from real life? Even today our justice system prosecutes the wrongfully accused and some of them do get the death penalty. Many people around the world strongly support the death penalty with a Hammurabi mindset while others work to abolish it. The fans and haters of Kira perfectly reflected that.

Quote:
Ryuk also said back at the beginning of the series that he'd write Light's name down when Light stops being entertaining, so that didn't really come out of left field or anything.

It didn't surprise me, I'm angry at the fact they went through this big scene and shot him up only to end with that. They could have spent all that extra time and work giving us a more satisfying conclusion. Light could have still had his break down, but it could have ended with Ryuk writing him off as the cops dragged his limp figure away, a broken shadow of his former self.

Quote:
xena91388
Even DBZ never went that extreme.

DBZ blows up planets on a regular basis and had several macguffins for bringing characters back to life. neutral
I was exaggerating my point.

Quote:
xena91388
I also thought Light's "break down" was very badly formulated and came out very a little OOC considering how he handled himself throughout the series.

I always interpreted Light as having a massive God-complex. He saw himself as a god, and throughout the series he killed off people whose only crime was daring to challenge that idea. Near not only challenged this, but completely ruined his plans. I think the breakdown fits.

No, I don't like how they wrote it and it didn't fit. He would have a breakdown, sure but someone as delusional as Light was to his own infallibility is more likely to go into complete denial and illusion. To me the anime ending felt like a spoiled child crying because he can't get his toy rather than a fall from grace.

Quote:
xena91388

The last chapter of the manga addressed this, although I think the anime left it out. Crime rates returned to about the same level as pre-Kira once the killings stopped, although some people are convinced that Kira's just taking a break. Ryuk said Light "can never go to Heaven or Hell", but neither exists in the DN world and a human who dies just dies. Misa killed herself after Light's death.

I didn't read the manga and we're discussing animes. The manga version of ANYTHING will ALWAYS be better than it's anime counterpart just like novels and movies. Also I shouldn't have to go read the source of something just to understand it, the producers and writers should do their jobs and make satisfactory films and shows.

As for Heaven and Hell, did Ryuk or any of the other shinigami say it didn't exists? I certainly don't remember them doing so. The anime never elaborated the life (or lack there of) after death. It just showed us the realm the Shinigami lived in.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:38 pm
xena91388
Zephyrkitty
xena91388

I do eat potato chips that way! lol jk Things like Light's desk trap are actually plausible, and while it is more likely to explode IRL, his purpose was to destroy the book, he could make the explosion large enough to incinerate it and injure the snoop. Consider it's "perfection" creative license. As for the Kira fans, how is that any different from real life? Even today our justice system prosecutes the wrongfully accused and some of them do get the death penalty. Many people around the world strongly support the death penalty with a Hammurabi mindset while others work to abolish it. The fans and haters of Kira perfectly reflected that.

I'm pretty sure that he'd accidentally incinerate the desk by himself, though. It might even go off from smaller provocation, and it'd be likely that someone would at least smell the gasoline. I accepted the desk as a handwave, but not as realistic.

As for Kira fans and haters, they aren't reflected in the show. There are plenty of people around the world who support the death penalty, but there are also plenty of people who oppose the death penalty and would be against what Kira's doing. There are also people who might support the death penalty, but would be against Kira's actions because of the fact that it's one person deciding who lives and dies. There are also people who would feel that Kira doesn't go far enough or is ignoring something that, to them, warrants a death sentence. There are also plenty of other opinions of Kira that would spring up if this really happened. But aside from the task force, the only opinion that exists is that Kira should be supported or worshiped. It makes the world of DN feel incredibly one-dimensional.

xena91388
Quote:

It didn't surprise me, I'm angry at the fact they went through this big scene and shot him up only to end with that. They could have spent all that extra time and work giving us a more satisfying conclusion. Light could have still had his break down, but it could have ended with Ryuk writing him off as the cops dragged his limp figure away, a broken shadow of his former self.

But... I need swimming lessons!

We'll have to agree to disagree there. They definitely could have given everyone a more satisfying conclusion, but it'd require a lot more changes then just modifying that last scene. As it was, it's ridiculously over-the-top and ridiculous, but that's pretty much par for the course in regards to Death Note.

xena91388
Quote:
xena91388

No, I don't like how they wrote it and it didn't fit. He would have a breakdown, sure but someone as delusional as Light was to his own infallibility is more likely to go into complete denial and illusion. To me the anime ending felt like a spoiled child crying because he can't get his toy rather than a fall from grace.

I'll just quote L on this: "Kira is childish and hates to lose."

xena91388
Quote:
xena91388

I didn't read the manga and we're discussing animes. The manga version of ANYTHING will ALWAYS be better than it's anime counterpart just like novels and movies. Also I shouldn't have to go read the source of something just to understand it, the producers and writers should do their jobs and make satisfactory films and shows.

As for Heaven and Hell, did Ryuk or any of the other shinigami say it didn't exists? I certainly don't remember them doing so. The anime never elaborated the life (or lack there of) after death. It just showed us the realm the Shinigami lived in.

That's a fair reason. I was just supplying answers since you wanted to know what happened.

Several of your questions were answered in the anime though. The eyecatches throughout the series had the rules of the Death Note on them. The ones for the last episode were "All humans, without exception, eventually die." and "When they die, the place they go to is MU (Nothingness)." Misa's fate was also pretty strongly implied. Rem mentioned earlier in the series that Misa would lose all will to live without Light, and she's shown standing on the ledge of a building at the end of the last episode.  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

MiaIkumis#1Fan

Dapper Dabbler

7,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:02 pm
Honestly, Digimon season two is probably the worst.

They had it really good at the end. Everything was resolved. The characters were happy for the most part, but there were some tragic events too. They beat the major bad guy, saved the day, restored peace and beauty to the digital world, and brought hope to the children of Earth.

And then in the last two minutes, they threw in an epilogue.

Never have I seen any other show go from amazing to terrible so quickly.

You pretty much see who everyone ends up with, what they're like in 25 years, and even what their kids are like. Everyone on earth now has a freaking digimon partner and it's all rainbows and butterflies. It basically also says "what your dream of doing as a 12 year old is totally what you're gonna do when you grow up."

No... just, no. First of all, only a chosen group of children have digimon. That's why they're digidestined. That's why they're special. Secondly, nothing is left to the imagination! I know a lot of fanfiction writers who completely ignore the epilogue to this series due to it's sheer stupidity.

I could go on, but I won't, because then I won't stop. Even when I watched this as a kid I knew the ending was dumb.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:20 pm
The ending of the manga Tsubasa:Reservoir Chronicle was horrible, especially because the series started out so well.

It was depressing and hard to follow.

Lone Goodbye

9,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50

the sweet tigris

Gallant Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:07 pm
MiaIkumis#1Fan
Honestly, Digimon season two is probably the worst.

They had it really good at the end. Everything was resolved. The characters were happy for the most part, but there were some tragic events too. They beat the major bad guy, saved the day, restored peace and beauty to the digital world, and brought hope to the children of Earth.

And then in the last two minutes, they threw in an epilogue.

Never have I seen any other show go from amazing to terrible so quickly.

You pretty much see who everyone ends up with, what they're like in 25 years, and even what their kids are like. Everyone on earth now has a freaking digimon partner and it's all rainbows and butterflies. It basically also says "what your dream of doing as a 12 year old is totally what you're gonna do when you grow up."

No... just, no. First of all, only a chosen group of children have digimon. That's why they're digidestined. That's why they're special. Secondly, nothing is left to the imagination! I know a lot of fanfiction writers who completely ignore the epilogue to this series due to it's sheer stupidity.

I could go on, but I won't, because then I won't stop. Even when I watched this as a kid I knew the ending was dumb.

I agree I loved the original digimon I lot more.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:10 pm
Alright I hated the ending of Deathnote, it was really dumb. Also I hated the ending of fruits basket, WHY DID THEY CUT THE ENDING OFF SO! gonk  

the sweet tigris

Gallant Hunter

Kid Izzy-Chan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:19 pm
Monochrome Monster

The worst ending I've see had to be Shugo Chara: Season 2's ending. I was super disappointed that Ikuto just ran off, and for that reason, I decided not to watch the remainder of the series.

Same here  
14. ✿ - - - Anime And Manga

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces