Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
^_^ Trying this Again Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ligand

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:35 am
Tread -♥-2-♥- Shed
And yes, I did finally decide to format this.

-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

¤|Reasons| Well, I have quite a few reasons to want to lose weight. While some might be considerably shallow, the others aren't.

8888888♥ My First reason would probably be to keep my reduce gallstone attacks

8888888♥My Second reason is pretty shallow. =[ I just want to look thin and attractive.

8888888♥I live in Florida xO, I want to wear a bikini lol.

8888888♥ I'd love to feel better! I want to be capable of running long distances, rock climbing, intense lazaaar tagging without my body getting too tired.

-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

¤|Plans| Of course every great weight loss journey needs a plan. I think my weight issue stems from lack of exercise. I don't think I overeat on most days, so most of my efforts will be put into changing my activity.

8888888♥ Work in exercise everyday. I know I hate cardio, so I'll stick to the things that are easy and low intensity. Biking and Walking seem to be alright with me.

8888888♥ Bike to School on weekdays (approx. 1 hour and a half per day) and Take a brisk morning walk on weekends.

8888888♥ I also plan to increase my intake of Fiber, water, poly and monounsaturated fats.

8888888♥ Take a multivitamin. (Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Chromium, Pantothenic Acid and Iodine have been said to be great assistants in losing weight)

8888888♥ Strength Training with my ankle weights.

8888888♥ Taking diligent notes in this journal

8888888♥ Staying Motivated with pictures of positive things I associate with being skinny.

¤|Products|

8888888♥ I'm currently taking a target brand "Up and Up" multivitamin/multimineral dietary supplement. Review: Well, I got 130 tablets for about 4 dollars. I think the vitamins have been pretty stellar, since I've started taking them I do feel more alert and awake. Perhaps I had developed some sort of deficiency before I started taking them, who knows. I can however positively say these vitamins are doing their job. My only issue with them is that they are hard and I would have preferred a soft capsule so my body could absorb more of the vitamin's nutrients.

8888888♥ Coupla' weeks ago I bought "Gold's Gym" 3 pound ankle/ wrists weights from WalMart (1.5 pounds per weight). They cost about 12 dollars I believe. Review: I would have to say I'm in love with these thing, definitely worth buying. Not only do you get weights, you also get a small poster that has several workouts you can do with the weights.

¤|Statistics| Suppose this is the part where I tell you things about myself eh? 8D

8888888♥ My Name is Portia , I live in florida and I look like this, and this and this and this & this.

8888888♥ My Current weight is like 152 150.1 146.2

8888888♥ I'm Five foot six inches

8888888♥ I would like to be 125 pounds by July (My birthday and anime con! )

8888888♥ Measurements: 34 inch around the largest part of my tummy , 41 inch bust, 33 inch underbewb 8D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:16 am
Good luck! Back in high school, my boyfriend, Matthew, was on the south beach diet and played DDR for 2+ hours a day and with in a few months, he lost somewhere between 50 and 80 pounds. DDR is a GREAT way to lose weight and makes your legs really fit. Which DDR games do you have? Max 2 is my favorite one. Extreme and Extreme 2 are Matt's favorites. Although, he also he managed to get every single song ever made on his computer and he can plug is mat to it and play like that instead of with is ps2.  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

Ligand

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:48 am
I have DDR Extreme 2 only :C. I bought it yesterday. PS2+ DDR Extreeme 2 + mat for 55 dollars lol.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Make sure you eat healthy and eat enough. Your schedules look a little hectic because of classes and such but do make sure to find ways to fit in healthy meals. Rice is a big staple around here because you can make a whole bunch at once and have it as a quick meal for the rest of the week, you can do tons of different things with it, and it's pretty damn cheap.  

pigeonsoup

Sunsway

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:58 am
eek Goodness, busy schedule. And a lot of cycling around. =) DDR sounds awesome, people are singing it praises left and right as far as weight loss goes. But it's probably intense (I assume) and you're doing it right after eating? surprised  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:15 am
I congratulate you on making a schedule, and wish you the best of luck sticking with it. And with your calc quiz, haha.

Gotta love DDR.
It's seriously an excellent way of getting your heart-rate up, and sweating a whole heap, before even realising it xD

Sunsway: The intensity level depends on what mode you're on. Like, I can only bearly manage Light Mode because I'm somewhat uncoordinated. But it's tonnes of fun- if you're ever at a gaming arcade, and there's a DDR maching, give it a go. :3

United Paper People

p.l.a.y.d.o.h

Tiny Friend

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:26 am
I like how you have your days set up in the first post. I should really fix my journal... it's been a while since I posted in it, right now I'm just checking out other journals. I really like the set up. Best of luck to you. ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:31 am
9/13/2010

I suppose today could be considered a lesson in perseverance. I'm a freshy in college and I'm not getting the grades I want. (Granted, I've only taken 2 of 7 quizzes in calc II and 2 quizzes in bio). I need to work harder than I already am :[ so hopefully this friday's bio quiz will go better and Wednesday's Calc Exam will be awesome.

As far as my weight loss goes, this morning I weighed in a 151.4. My goal weight is 125 pounds (I'm 5 foot 6) . I've got what feels like a long way to go but I hope I can do it by Hols.

I skipped my first class of the day (useless elective that everyone gets an A in ...) because its at 8 30 in the morning and I stayed up past my bedtime. smile I did however bike to class around 11 . I was a bad kiddie by having taco bell (cheesy bean and rice burrito + root beer) as my first meal of the day.

That's all I've got to say for now :3 toodles.  

Ligand

Ligand

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:56 pm
9/15/2010

The only things I've had to eat today were taco bell and chipotle >.<. I think that alone is around 1200 calories- 1500 calories. I"m not hungry right about now and probably wont be before I go to bed.

As far as exercise goes I biked to my classes and back home. I'm going to try some sit ups D: and see how that goes. smile

hmm, I think I did horribly on my BC exam today. Good thing he drops one crying . I should start going to 2312 tutoring.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:10 am
9/16/10

For breakfast this morning I had a slice of honey dew, a kiwi and ramen + lots of veggies .

Last night I ended up eating a box of prunes. >.> In retrospect...it was a bad idea. I can't stop pooping. lol.

Lunch was awesome tasting. I had a fiber one bar, a cup of raspberry pomegranate juice and an open top sandwich(one piece of bread) with lettuce, mayo, a slice of cheese, and carrots on wheat. I'll probably end up noming on some grapes too.  

Ligand

pigeonsoup

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:29 pm
Actually, the prunes are a good thing. All that junk was just sitting inside you anyways, and the prunes got it all out. People can have like 5 lbs of waste just sitting in them at any given time. Gross right ;-; so you should be glad you got to clear yourself out, lol. It's healthier and also you don't have any extra weight from waste. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:31 am
9/18/2010

>.< Yesterday started off well and ended in pizza xD. I really must stop eating fastfood.

I started this morning off with a little DDR (like 20 minutes? lol) and a good breakfast (sammich + fiber 1 bar).

I hope today will turn out better than yesterday :3  

Ligand

Ligand

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:12 am
9/19/2010

I walked to publix this morning and back to get some groceries. I ended up buying some vitamin water and drank it on the way back ( i live in florida, its hot ok? crying ) .

When I got home I made a drink that was 1 part Superfruits juice (blueberry and blackberry) and 1 part prune juice, in a wine chute. I then cut about 3 pieces off of the bar of seriously sharp cheddar (trying not to deprive myself of everything i love). I'm not particularly hungry at the moment so I'm not going to make breakfast just yet. Since it's 1 I guess I'll wait till around linner time to eat something. Until then i'm probably going to study/play video games and what not. smile

Burned 159 Calories playing DDR in workout mode! YAY!!! I reached my gaol (150) so i'm going to set my next goal to 200 . ^_^

I made a pot pie..which wasnt exactly full of healthy things. May or may not have eaten nearly half of it. Lol (it was delicious).

I did however drink more prune juice, take a long walk, and play more ddr. D: I got up tp 350 calories being burned.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:31 am
Ooo, yikes. Good luck with your quizes. What are you studying?  

Sunsway

Ligand

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:13 pm
9/20/2010

Today I mainly had cheese, shephard's pie, a kiwi, a kellogs fiber bar, some prune juice and water. As far as exercise goes, I biked around town a bit and played some ddr.  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff