No Friends, No BF/GF, Nothing Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kiki Traum

Friendly Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:21 pm
EDIT: Maybe this should've gone in "Life Issues?" Though it's more about finding a like-minded girl to be friends with ... that didn't sound suggestive in my head.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is hard to describe.

You see, when it comes to making friends, I'm a nomad. I can never seem to fit into a group of friends, I just stick out like a sore thumb and talk to the member that I got along with that teensy bit better than the rest of them. Y'see what I mean?

I'm not shy at all, in fact I'm very outgoing. I seem to think completely differently than the other girls at school (for example, in a conversation about places we've been, America's east and west coasts came up and I mentioned that California must get all the tropical fish. Yeah). Apparently the things I say aren't "what someone would say normally."

Last year was my first year at this private school, and I learned a heck of a lot. Back then I was very needy and thought I'd make at least two friends right away like in all the manga. But now I'm much more mature than that. Still, though ...

It's still a little lonely.
I still haven't figured out more ways of dealing with having nobody to really "click" with, besides getting on with my schoolwork. I was so happy that I actually had a genuine conversation or two, but when I show my real, "weird" self it always makes people go "WHAT?"

I don't even know what I'm asking here! Is it so hard to find someone who will go "HECK YEAHH!" with me ... in real life?!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:30 pm
I don't really have any advice...

But I'm also the one who talks about really weird things that make people go "Huh?"

I'm just also painfully shy, so I guess a lot of people don't get the opportunity to go "Huh!" blaugh

Faemint

Dapper Dabbler

Happedol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:32 pm
I get your problem, although I'm rather shy. At least , at school I was ( I don't go to school any more, independent-study for the win.) I learned to be more outgoing , but at school, I still was too afraid to make friends. I don't try to act differently then I am though, so they also find me 'weird'. But I think I'd just become sadder when I would make friends acting like somebody I'm not. I'm happy because I met people thinking like me.(Yes, over the internet). But I've met them in real life, ofcourse still meet them occasionally (they live a two hour drive away >.<), and keep in touch with them everyday. I have my childhood friends too :] (Yes, Twinkle Toes, hello! XD). Having a lot of friends doesn't mean a thing, and I know that sounds cliché, but it seems people still find the quantity more important then the quality. Even if you don't find those friends at school, and yes that sucks really bad, you can search for friends in areas you're interested in (Like a meeting group, for example.) I don't get why I never meet people on school I click with, I guess good friends who accept you just as you are are just rare.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:47 pm
I have a friend at my old school who is just like you. I'm one of the only true friends she has, because she's so spontanious. She tells me she scares everyone away because she's so out there. Personally, I love her because of that reason. I know if I knew in person, i'd love to be great friends with you! You'd always be a blast to be around, and anyone who isn't giving you a chance, I pity them!  

Your WatchQueen

Cinna Feather

Shirtless Lover

5,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:46 pm
Hii biggrin !
It's not bad to stick out like a sore thumb, that was like me and my friends at my old school (I moved this year Dx). I was really hyper, o_o; Got to the point I was SO hyper that I ran around screaming "The Sky Is Falling LOOK! LOOK!" While poking my friends thirty times. x] They told me that they love me, because i'm being me. ;O They love how i'm so random half the time and so energetic.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:53 pm
♪♫ I'm lucky enough to have a really good friend, who, like me, is extremely hyper and random.

But I also end up needing to talk to a friend at a slower speed.

Haha. My problem is slightly different; around my classmates, I act weirdly because they make me nervous, but outside of school, I find it very easy to talk to people.

Don't worry, there are tons of hyper and random people out there (or surrounding me anyway, in rl. I know some really random people.) Hehe, in your case, it's a case of thinking too fast for them? lol.

Although, when I think of California, I think the fog. razz No one ever thinks of that. ♫ ♪  

An Invisible Shapeshifter

Sparkly Waffles

The Sweet Sadist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:01 pm
You do have friends, sure maybe not at your school but there seems to be a couple of girls here who can be your friends.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:25 pm
Maybe you're just in the wrong place. I had to change schools twice before I was accepted. You seem like a nice person. You just need to show that. Anyone who won't accept you after that is an idiot.
I feel like I'm not helping, but I try.  

Spyros Girlfriend

3,100 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

yuko the space time witch

4,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:51 am
I understand what you are saying. When I was in school I didn't have many friends. When I was a teen I wanted to be an adult and be all grown up… and pretty much no one else thought that was cool. I was very awkward. To be honest I still am.
For me it wasn't so bad, I tend to be a loner by nature….

Even now as an adult I don't have many people who I call friends….

The best bet I think is that you continue to be yourself… I mean if you think that you are being too obnoxious then by all means tone yourself down a little if you feel that that is what you need to do then you should but in the end you really have to be true to yourself. Don't be someone that you are not just so that you can fit in… if you do that you are not being true to yourself and you have to be true to your self….  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:54 am
♪♫ I'm lucky enough to have a really good friend, who, like me, is extremely hyper and random.

Haha. My problem is slightly different; around my classmates, I act weirdly because they make me nervous, but outside of school, I find it very easy to talk to people.

Don't worry, there are tons of hyper and random people out there (or surrounding me anyway, in rl. I know some really random people.) Hehe, in your case, it's a case of thinking too fast for them? lol.

Although, when I think of California, I think the fog. razz No one ever thinks of that. ♫ ♪

when I think of california I think of rain becuase it is always raining when I go there no matter what time of year. I also think of the black rocks that are on the beach that I always go to... I dislike sand so when we go to Cali, my family always make sure that we go see the ocean from a beach with sand and at least one day that we go to one where the shore line is rocks, little black rocks.  

4,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Sparkly Waffles

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:43 am

when I think of california I think of rain becuase it is always raining when I go there no matter what time of year. I also think of the black rocks that are on the beach that I always go to... I dislike sand so when we go to Cali, my family always make sure that we go see the ocean from a beach with sand and at least one day that we go to one where the shore line is rocks, little black rocks.
♪♫

haha! *high fives you for a rainy California fellowship* The part of California we visit is always foggy and rainy. And, um, that's the only part we visit XD. My relatives live there, so, we go there. It's never freezing or extremely hot when we go there, just foggy. ♫ ♪  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:46 pm

♪♫

haha! *high fives you for a rainy California fellowship* The part of California we visit is always foggy and rainy. And, um, that's the only part we visit XD. My relatives live there, so, we go there. It's never freezing or extremely hot when we go there, just foggy. ♫ ♪

I have been all over Cali in many difforent parts of the year, from clear up near the top of the state down to san diago and it never fails, summer, spring winter, I will get rained on over half of my trip... I am not sure why the forces of nature work like that when I go there but that is how it is.  

4,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

rcatgurl

Lonely Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:21 pm
I'm werider than werid. There will be a person, who you wil relax with. just show your werid side, and a friend wil come  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:30 pm
I understand what you're talking about. I'm shy as well, until I get to know someone, then I'm loud and strange as hell. Well, I can't tell you how to make friends because even I don't know. Mines sorta came to me. I'm weird in the extreme but since I go to this really strange, unique and(of course i have to brag) talented art school, not too many people stick out. Don't change yourself and just be patient. When the right friend, girlfriend, or boyfriend come around, you'll know it. They'll break down all your barriers, ruin your innocence, and make it so you can't ever hate them. Hey, I could be your friend! 3nodding heart  

purplekupcakes

2,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
27. ✿ - - - Girls

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items