Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do you skank?
  yes
  no (wait, WHAT?)
View Results

Asthen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:07 pm
so i was at a show last night, and i was thinking about the different ways people have of skanking.
some people bend way down low and swing their arms back and forth
some only lean over a bit and have their elbows really bent
some kick their legs straight out
others lift their knees
some people bring their leg towards the opposite side (when your left leg comes up, you bring it to the right)
some use the same arm and leg at the same time (when your right arm comes up in front of you, so does your right leg)

i lift my knees when i skank, bringing my legs towards the opposite side, and bend my elbows more and bring my arms in front of me.

how do you skank?

(yeahhh, i kind of suck at describing things, lol.)  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:18 pm
Gah couldn't go to the show crying ... ride conflict... But anyways, I bend down really low (so I don't get elbowed in the face 'cos I'm short), kick my left foot to the right side and slide my right foot to the left side switch and repeat. The kicked foot touches the ground when the snare is hit of course 3nodding  

NoFingersMcKenzi

Electric Uncle Akuma

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:21 pm
I missed the show too. ):
Friend's B-day party.
Anyway, I tend to constantly hop with small kicks and alot of shoulder and arm movement. Kind of like Skank+Swing.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:03 pm
aww. well maybe you guys can make it to the know how/whole wheat bread/we are teh union show on the 29th?
i'm not sure i'm going to that.
and february 11th there's a show at the neutral zone (in ann arbor), but i forget who's playing.  

Asthen

Electric Uncle Akuma

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:49 pm
Asthen
aww. well maybe you guys can make it to the know how/whole wheat bread/we are teh union show on the 29th?
and february 11th there's a show at the neutral zone (in ann arbor), but i forget who's playing.
I need to keep in contact with you.
I can never finds ska shows.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:46 pm
Asthen
i probably can't on the 29 it's a sunday... which means a school night... sometimes i hate still being in high school, and i'm not allowed to drive to ann arbor  

NoFingersMcKenzi

Noriko_Mimura

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:36 pm
I have a lot of variation in my skanking...
I kick out, I bend my knees, I bend my arms...
My friend has made two comments on my skanking:
1. I thrash-skank
2. I rock back and forth when I skank.
One thing I unvariably do is a sort of two hop thing... I don't just go from leg to leg, I hop twice while skanking... Skanking is kind of hard to explain in writing o.O  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:45 pm
haha, yeah, i know, it's really hard to explain.
i add the little skip in my skanking, too. 3nodding

@akuma; you should really check out www.michiganska.com, that's where i've been getting my show information. that, and 21deadmonkeys.
and if you ever need to contact me, i'm sure i'll be sticking in this guild, but my email is xasthenophobiax@yahoo.com (for anyone who wants to email me, feel free, all i ever get is band newsletters xp )  

Asthen

koolbeanzkt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:39 pm
ok...well i bend over kinda low, make fist with my hands...idk if i swing my elbows up that high...then like i bend my knees and move my foot to the other side when i bring it down...i also do kinda like a hopy-skippy-jumpy kinda thing..lol, wow, that was hard to explain... smile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:07 pm
i just taught my little brother how to skank.... he thinks i'm so weird  

NoFingersMcKenzi

Asthen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:37 pm
lmao, my little cousin makes fun of the "funny dance" that i do.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:17 pm
I don't think that I skank correctly, but I like it so go away.
>_>
Anyhoo, I bring my right arm up and my left leg goes up, and I bend my back a tiny bit.
My stupid punk-ish-rock-follower-friend say that i don't do it correctly.
Ah whatever, she only listens to Aqua Bats.
What could she know?
((Ah, I don't mean Aqua Bats are bad, I heart them, but that's all she listens to.))
@___@

Farnoosh

DarkVice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:24 pm
I either keep my arms right at my chest and pop 'em in and out if its crowded, or if its not swing 'em all the way back.... I also have a habit of spinning in circles as I move around the room/pit/whatever....
Sometimes if I'm tired though, I'll just rocksteady it.
Also, skanking is way too much fun when you're at highly inappropriate places to do it.... ie, some crappy local-screamo-band is playing and you start a pit for them by skanking.... also Psychobilly shows are fun.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:02 pm
At Trad Ska or Rock Steady concerts; i skank like the traditional Rudy.

Low and Slow.
I bend both knee and elbow; Left arm in, Right arm out, while Left leg is bent; or Right arm in, Left arm out, while right leg is bent.

I keep the arms and whatever leg bent.

At Third Wave shows, neutral , I tend to go fast and high. And instead of bending my arms and leg; i tend to just kick them out.  

Crack Rock Steady

Connor_himself

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:42 pm
STOP!

and do the Penguin Skank!

Rude Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items