Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Music - Related Topics
Evanescence Thread - NOW WITH NEW ALBUM INFO! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sooo... The Open Door?
  CAN'T WAIT!
  Meh.
  What's The Open Door?
View Results

EvFaerAshlynn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:50 pm
I love Evanescence. And if you flame me for it... I'll report you to the crew, as well as my penguin brigade. heart

EDIT: New Album Info: Check Page 5!

EDiT #2: TOUR DATES. Check Page 5!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:59 pm
... Maybe, just maybe, I should go get a bullet proof vest in case any of you decide to shoot me. For that matter... *runs and equips the band with them*  

EvFaerAshlynn

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:32 pm
I do enjoy them from time to time....^_^ though I like more than just what has hit the radio waves.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:05 am
lurichan
I do enjoy them from time to time....^_^ though I like more than just what has hit the radio waves.
Aye. Most people see Evanescence and think Amy Lee and Bring Me To Life. Little do they know there's a lot more to the band...

You should have heard that Jordan idiot in my art class trying to sing My Immortal. Or perhaps you shouldn't. 'Twas a nightmare! *shudders*  

EvFaerAshlynn

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:07 am
EvFaerAshlynn
lurichan
Aye. Most people see Evanescence and think Amy Lee and Bring Me To Life. Little do they know there's a lot more to the band...

You should have heard that Jordan idiot in my art class trying to sing My Immortal. Or perhaps you shouldn't. 'Twas a nightmare! *shudders*

I much perfer the CD version with the violins than the radio version of that particular song. *Shakes my head*  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:38 pm
They Kick a** ^_^
Amy Lee is hot and when her and Seether did that Song Broken it really kicked a** 3nodding  

Icy-Determination_020

EvFaerAshlynn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:45 pm
Icy-Determination_020
They Kick a** ^_^
Amy Lee is hot and when her and Seether did that Song Broken it really kicked a** 3nodding
I was waiting for someone to mention Amy being hot. And yes, "Broken" is an awesome song. Alas, now that Amy and Shaun are no longer together, it takes on a very sad significance. Their breakup has rendered me incapable of hearing their collaboration without crying. *le-sigh*  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:43 pm
EvFaerAshlynn
I love Evanescence. And if you flame me for it... I'll report you to the crew, as well as my penguin brigade. heart

You have a penguin brigade? I love penguins, and Evanescence as well. Haunted is their best song, in my opinion.  

Holy Hydroxide

Fashionable Genius

Dearest Darling`

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:48 pm
I'm don't like them as much as I used to but when I hear a song I might still sing along a bit ^^

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:00 pm
deadly_demon
I'm don't like them as much as I used to but when I hear a song I might still sing along a bit ^^

I agree...their songs are catchy just like those god-awful Good Charlotte songs....I'm under the impression that they've sold out on their original purpose of art, but thats just me...I like stuff from their Eternal album as opposed to Fallen. Eternal is much more piano based and more intrumental... I was really big into them until I heard Nightwish...Nightwish totally owns Evanescence......another good female-vocalist band is Within Temptation....not flaming, just being honest *runs away from the pinguins with the spears*  

LouisCyphre13

Jasta

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:42 am
I do quite like Evanescence... but yeah, Nightwish is better.
I love operatic vocals over a rock sound.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:20 pm
i like them. they kinda sound like laguna coil  

Lord Acid Rain

550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:17 pm
Evanescence are pretty good, the other of the big four female-led metal bands are better though in my opinion (Within Temptation, Lacuna Coil and Nightwish)

If you like those bands I'd defiantely recomend looking into these bands:

The Gathering: Simply put; amazing. Nighttime Birds is highly recomended

Flowing Tears: Worthy of note, try them out

Lullacry: Occasionally wanders into goth metal but mostly pop metal, not as good as others but still worth hearing: check out Crucify My Heart

After Forever: reminiscent of The Gathering, Nightwaish and Tristania

Tristania: Once again proving that mainland Europe excells at Goth, Death/Black and Heavy Metal (what's with all the different types? confused it's loud, it's good that should be the end of it sweatdrop )  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:02 pm
Isobel Bellamy
Evanescence are pretty good, the other of the big four female-led metal bands are better though in my opinion (Within Temptation, Lacuna Coil and Nightwish)

If you like those bands I'd defiantely recomend looking into these bands:

The Gathering: Simply put; amazing. Nighttime Birds is highly recomended

Flowing Tears: Worthy of note, try them out

Lullacry: Occasionally wanders into goth metal but mostly pop metal, not as good as others but still worth hearing: check out Crucify My Heart

After Forever: reminiscent of The Gathering, Nightwaish and Tristania

Tristania: Once again proving that mainland Europe excells at Goth, Death/Black and Heavy Metal (what's with all the different types? confused it's loud, it's good that should be the end of it sweatdrop )

I agree totally, cept Lullacry, they're ok but The Gathering (I have all their cds) and Tristania are definitely worth checking out!  

LouisCyphre13

EvFaerAshlynn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:53 pm
Ev fans - Update straight from Amy's fingers to the Evboard!

Snow White (Amy)
Hey guys.
I know everyone is dying to hear whats going on, and its been a little while since I've posted. There's some stuff I really shouldn't talk about right now, but I want you to know that the record is coming out beautifully. Through all of the scary and insane drama over the last 6 months, there has also been alot of good- I feel like a new person. As most of you already know, Terry had a stroke in November. A small chunk of this recording process was spent in the neurology unit at ULCA. Every time he would wake up all he could talk about was getting out of the hospital and playing guitar. He actually had us bring his polka-dot Randy Rhodes guitar to the hospital. Its funny- after being stuck on lyrics for a month on one song, I remember finally writing them at the foot of Terry's bed in intensive care. Its wild how life inspires you- again reminding me that we have no control over anything. It's been 2 months, and Terry has made miraculous progress. He is in the studio with us right now, and everything is going ahead as planned. We are certain that he will make a full recovery- he's too stubborn to settle for anything less. Meanwhile, we were (and are) going through firing our manager, and as you can see (all over the freaking internet), that hasn't been very easy for us either. BUT it always hurts to break through to the other side- to make the changes you have to make to help yourself, and I already feel so good. Weird. I feel better than I have in years. I love my album, I love my band, and I'm grateful for our lives. This album is meaning more and more to me as we finish it. Most of it was written when we came into the studio, but much more has poured out through all of this, making it that much better- that much more passionate. We will be finished with mixing and everything by March first. THAT MEANS it will be early fall when the album is actually on the shelf. We're thinking August. I hope you can understand the delay, and I promise the music will be worth it. I just can't wait to share it with everyone. Thank you all for being so patient and supportive. We love you!
-Amy

So, now we have some insight as to why the Ev album's been delayed. Holy s**t. Now the paranoia sets in and I start praying for Terry. mmkaythat'sallbuhbyes.  
Music - Related Topics

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff