Reply It's A Girl Thing!
Definition Of Woman Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jenitorturer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:01 pm
I'm not sure if this has been posted before, so you can delete this or bump it down if it's already done but, I'm just so outraged and PO'ed out of my mind right now by what I heard.

Quote:
I am a curvy woman. My body literally is the shape of the goddess figures they found in so many Archeological digs. I am the definition of woman...

Not talking about myself by the way. Above is an exact quote from a woman from another forum site.

I hate calling out, but I couldn't contain my anger at how untrue this "statement" is.

Basically she's saying that any female who isn't curvy isn't a woman at all..?

Someone explain this to me or discuss on what you think defines a "woman."

Also, please discuss confidence versus egotism / narcissism

Looking forward to your responses. All I really want are your inputs/ perspectives on this.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:09 pm
"Woman: (WU-man) n. A female human being; possessing X and Y chromosome pairs."

'nuff said.

Sora Nightwhisper

Jenitorturer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:10 pm
..lol. I wanted to provoke a deep discussion. sad  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:16 pm
I hate it when people try to tell me I'm not a really woman because I'm not.. 'curvy'.
Oh I am curvy.. I have defined hips.. you look at me straight on and you can see it, but I'm not the common day definition of curvy which is 'larger then average'. =/
I'm stick thin.. but I have curves like every other woman and I love them... so don't try to make me feel like less of a woman because I'm skinny.

Intoxikace

Sparkly Wench

Jenitorturer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:36 pm
I'm petite and slender, but i absolutely adore women of all shapes and sizes.

I just think some ladies take the whole "BBW" thing a bit too far and they become egotistical.

I'm pansexual and I'm a lady lover. Half of my friends are somewhat curvy and I think they're gorgeous.

The same goes for those rail thin women who think that being skinny is what makes a female beautiful-

Actually, I despise people who use size and stature to define abilities/ judge another person. Or somebody who sees herself "better" than another just because she's of a particular appearance that appeals to a certain group of individuals.

(I'd say he, but since this is a girl guild..)

I felt really insulted when I saw that woman's post ! I now know why guys HATE it when you attack their masculinity. I mean, I've known for a long time, but it hasn't been any clearer than this.

You see, I don't exactly identify myself as a woman nor a man. I'm genderfluid, but I still refer myself as a she or he at certain times. I get highly offended when i hear people say that i dont have what it takes to be a "real man " or im not a "real woman".

It's really hard to agree that there is one universal definition of a "woman."

I don't mean biologically.

I mean on a deeper, psychological level.

I look like a female, but I feel so out of place.
it's hard to describe , but I feel like a homoflexible man.

Getting back on topic.. I don't think it's right for anybody to say that they are the embodiment of what it means to be a woman/man. They have no right to talk BS like that.

It's one thing to love and appreciate yourself and to have confidence, but its another thing to speak too highly of yourself and to go as far as saying that you're what a true woman should look like.

I'm not targeting anyone in particular. I'm addressing women as a whole.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:13 pm
Sora Nightwhisper
"Woman: (WU-man) n. A female human being; possessing X and Y chromosome pairs."

'nuff said.

I thought it was two X pairs?

Anyway, hopefully that woman wasn't trying to say that you're not a woman if you don't have curves. She's just boasting about her body, and while it hurts to admit it, men are typically interested in that body type. Not always, but frequently. Saying that that was the "definition" of a woman was just bad wording/egotism on her part.  

Waynebrizzle

Jenitorturer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:54 pm
Yeah, you're probably, right, Wayne.

x__x  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:02 pm
Jenitorturer

x__x

There will always be judgmental people that are full of themselves. Don't let them get to you. They can't make you a not-woman with words.  

Waynebrizzle

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:03 pm
I'm sorry in advance if my answers seem really blunt and simple. That's just how I give advice. >_>;  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:05 pm
Waynebrizzle
Jenitorturer

x__x

There will always be judgmental people that are full of themselves. Don't let them get to you. They can't make you a not-woman with words.

I just wish everybody was more accepting of others and that there was no such thing as superiority.

But I know I can't change every one.  

Jenitorturer

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:12 pm
Jenitorturer
Waynebrizzle
Jenitorturer

x__x

I just wish everybody was more accepting of others and that there was no such thing as superiority.

But I know I can't change every one.

I know how you feel. If it makes you feel better, it is blatantly clear to me that you are a woman. I don't even need to know what your body looks like.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:48 pm
i think a woman is defined by her personality and character, not by what she looks like or how curvy she is now i am a little curvy but i dont care how i look and i hate egotistic pl like that....PERSON you speak of personally im offended  

Banshee Cupcake

Magical Wife

20,790 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Married 100

Banshee Cupcake

Magical Wife

20,790 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:54 pm
i just called my mom about this and actually if you look at old paintings of goddesses in greece they were a lil plump i think thats what shes saying  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:06 pm
l Matsuo l
i just called my mom about this and actually if you look at old paintings of goddesses in greece they were a lil plump i think thats what shes saying

Yeah. I think that's what she meant. I didn't mind that she compared herself to a goddess. Because i saw her pics and she was, in fact, gorgeous, but that's besides the point :/

It's when she said that she was the definition of woman, i was a little hurt.

I kinda know what she was trying to say. Like Wayne pointed out, that she was probably what the majority of guys prefer. But I think that that woman's wording was horrible.

So I had no beef with her personally or anything.. It was just her awkward wording.. which I've now come to realize.

She posted that part that I quoted as a response to another person's post about a guy who believed that an individual's abilities was based off of their stature and size.

In some cases , that's true, but I know from personal experience that it's not always the case.

I'm rather small, but I can inflict twice the pain someone of "average to a more healthier weight " can inflict.

Just.. Why do judgemental people exist? *sulks*  

Jenitorturer

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:21 pm
A joke to cheer you up: Knock knock.  
It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items