Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
our challenge

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

vanilla_bean_frappichino

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:33 pm
My aunt and I decided to diet together, but I will be on weight watchers, she will be on aitkens, we will see which diet wins muhahaha.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:26 pm
Cool, sounds fun! Good luck!  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

Sunsway

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:07 pm
Oh, wow. I wish someone [irl] would diet with me! =D Great moral support.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:45 am
I've tried to get people to work out with me. No one, save for the long distance boyfriend, show any interest. Their loss if they want to remain unhappy. I'm trying to get in better shape so when my boyfriend does move here, we can work out together.. he's super in shape. And I'm not. So I want to get in better shape so when we do work out together I won't die half way into it. xD  

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

vanilla_bean_frappichino

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:50 am
yeah the problem with dieting is many times family is really not supportative. It makes it really hard when being offered many fattening foods  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:50 am
Dieting isn't a good term. It implies that what you're doing is temporary and many people don't support that. If you try to change how you live, they may be more supportive of that.  

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

vanilla_bean_frappichino

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:11 pm
Usually changing how you live starts with dieting. Because you have to get in a routine first. Weight Watchers is well known to be a very good diet to help with permanent lifestyle changes in eating. When addictions to bad food is developed, something is needed to get away from the addictions.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:18 pm
Going to disagree with that. Changing how you live starts with changing how you live. Dieting for most people is a temporary thing, that's why when people stop programs like weight watchers and whatever other fad diet there is, they gain it back and possibly more.  

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

vanilla_bean_frappichino

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:08 pm
For me it stays a lifestyle, I just moved in during highschool with someone who had no healthy food available. And too much homework for a job. I moved out so am able to eat healthier food now. I guess it is all perception or where someone comes from.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:17 pm
It is true diet can make one think about all of the fad diets out there, but the definition of 'diet' is also how one eats.

Diet- 1. The usual food and drink of a person or animal.
2. A regulated selection of foods, as for medical reasons or cosmetic weight loss.
3. Something used, enjoyed, or provided regularly: subsisted on a diet of detective novels during his vacation.
adj.
1. Of or relating to a food regimen designed to promote weight loss in a person or an animal: the diet industry.

the word means different things to different people. It means the first one to me. Becoming my usual food or drink. It is understandable because diets are seen from a bad viewpoint because many people follow it temporary to lose weight or they follow a unhealthy one. I assure you that it is different in this case.  

vanilla_bean_frappichino

vanilla_bean_frappichino

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:20 pm
I do agree with you that many people follow fad diets and stop them and eat unhealthy.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:54 am
The definition of diet is how one eats. And when you say you're dieting it completely ignores the exercise aspect. It may mean something good for you but I see it like most other four letter words, one I don't want to use because of the implied temporariness of it.  

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

vanilla_bean_frappichino

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:19 pm
I see what you mean but I am running every day I can. As a college student in nursing it is difficult to find time everyday so eating healthy is a good start.  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games