Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

x_The_Vampire_Louis_X

6,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:20 am
Classic Vampires..Or even neo vampires. Name some of your favorite. If its someone like Dracula which incarnation?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:35 am
Being something of a Marvel fanboy I'm gonna have to go with Michael Morbius, even though he's not a traditional vampire.
Plus Hannibal King and Blade. Collectively they must've kicked Dracula's a** like six or seven times so far.

In the shallow holes of a thousand eyesUser Image
In the knee-deep graves of future survivors
The fleshless guests live off children of the past
Their aging fingers cast the Shadow of Death

Necrodancer Ghost

Feral Vampire

15,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Team Moira 200

x_The_Vampire_Louis_X

6,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:04 am
hehe Morbuis is pretty awesome...I love Marvel comics myself and Blade's pretty neat himself....But I perfer the old school vampires.....Aristocratic and whatnot...Like Lestat or Louis.....  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:13 pm
I'm prepared for the backlash.
I cannot stand vampires. Except Vampire Hunter D. That is pretty much the only current ish vampire related thing I like
For Christ's sake they can't even cross running water.
I appreciate Dracula's impact on the classic horror genre but I just think in general they're terribly over rated.
their movies have gone from cinematic masterpieces to straight up mockeries.
Their books are just agony for me to read now.
just let the dead rest.  

Hyena_Queen

x_The_Vampire_Louis_X

6,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:33 pm
It all depends on the mythos...Not all vampires are alike it depends on the story......Cant cross running water? Erm never heard of that and as I said not all vampires have the same rules.....Mainstream vampires I could understand,but unless you have delved into every mythos imaginable you cannot judge the genre as whole i think...But your entitled to your own opionion.....  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:56 pm
I'm just not a vampire fan.
I've read more about them than you think. Purely out of curiosity But none the less I know enough to know I don't like them.
Vampire fans have picked too many fights with me.
I'm more into were creatures anyway, particularly werewolves.
I think its that werewolves vs vampires rivalry that also fuels my dislike for vampires.  

Hyena_Queen

Necrodancer Ghost

Feral Vampire

15,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Team Moira 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:02 pm
That's more than reasonable. Honestly, I was never a big fan of vampires until I started reading Nightstalkers. I'll make a few exceptions for stuff like Hellsing, Lost Boys, Near Dark, and others where the vampires are all-around badasses, but other than that I never really cared much.

In the shallow holes of a thousand eyesUser Image
In the knee-deep graves of future survivors
The fleshless guests live off children of the past
Their aging fingers cast the Shadow of Death

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:11 pm
I'm really not an unreasonable girl.
I just know what I do and do not like and am not afraid to say it.  

Hyena_Queen

Hyena_Queen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:25 pm
PS
So I kinda lied accidentally.
I do love Lost Boys but not for the vampires, though Kiefer Sutherland is pretty hot in it with his bleach blond mullet lol...and Corey Feldman.....I really just love him.
But I really love The Corey's in that movie. It intensified my crush on Corey Feldman.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:24 am
Stephan_Strange
hehe Morbuis is pretty awesome...I love Marvel comics myself and Blade's pretty neat himself....But I perfer the old school vampires.....Aristocratic and whatnot...Like Lestat or Louis.....

Lestat and the rest of the Rice crew are pretty much credited for the surge of romanticized vampires in recent years. They aren't classic, they were invented throughout the nineties.

Personally, I don't really feel either way towards the creature. It's all of the shitty movies and books that have been created about it that bother me. The whole moral issue of giving up your humanity and having to kill others in order to live forever would be an interesting moral dilemma if it wasn't everywhere already. The more primal vampires (30 Days of Night kind of thing) make scary enemies and are good for that, but that's about it. I feel like we've circled around the entire genre and have no where else to go. I used to really like reading about vampires, but not so much anymore.  

PetreyDish

Art / Poetry / Literature - Related Topics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff