Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
The Chariot of Iris :D Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Love?

View Results

p.l.a.y.d.o.h

Tiny Friend

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:05 pm
Welcome, I guess, this is my first journal on here. I was invited to join in June, but became too distracted to do things, so I decided that now would be as good a time as any. I decided to name this topic after my airship on here, it has a nice ring to it. Iris is the goddess of the Rainbow, she was Hera(Aphrodite)'s messenger. So her chariot would allow her to cross the skies leaving an array of colors in her wake. I guess you could say that her chariot is the rainfall before the rainbow? Anyways, moving on.

Mini-About Me: My name is Kayla, I prefer Kay-Kay, Kaydoh, Kuma, or any mixture of these. I also like being called by my username from time to time. My family has a history of Thyroid conditions, Pancreatic Cancer, Lung Cancer, just Cancer in general, Lupus, Carpal Tunnel, Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and a bunch of other Arthritis's, just to name a few.All things considered, I feel that I'm pretty healthy, just not healthy enough. That's enough about me, onward and upward!

STARTING STUFF~!
Bst - 36"
Wst- 31"
Hip - 41"
Ht - 5'7"
Wt - 145-155 lbs.
BMI- 22.7~24.2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:33 pm
Major Goal (w/ Pics)

My major goal is to be in shape and maintain weight. Mostly because I know I'm getting older and that my metabolism is going to shut down in the future, but right now, I'm so much like my brother(he's worse than me). It's not that we can't lose or gain weight, it just really hard to keep and maintain a specific weight. Part of my major goal is to sorta tone my body. I have a muffin top kind of tummy, but that's not the only issue, the other issue is below the jean line. I'm sure most people have seen obese people or some slightly overweight that have have that part of their bodies go out farther than their stomachs. I don't want a perfect flat tummy with six-pack abs, I would like to be well rounded.
User ImageUser Image

MINI - REWARDS!!

• New Umbrella
• New Nail Polish x2
• New pair of shoes(most likely rainboots)
• New headphones
• New bike
• New clothes
• Electronic Shopping Spree, Comfy new winter jacket
• Dress up and eat CANDY!
• New foundation
• Sleep all day
• If I survived Turkey Day & kept the weight, a tablet & pen will be just fine.
• Sleep all day
• Birthday: Sleep in, eat cake, have presents, & hide from the cameras.
• ••••••••••••••••

p.l.a.y.d.o.h

Tiny Friend

p.l.a.y.d.o.h

Tiny Friend

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:35 pm
AUGUST 23, 2010 --- Woke up @ 8am, got up at 8:40am

xxxxxToday was my first day back to school, so I have the motivation to get up off my lazy a** to do something. Pardon my language. I have no clue how much I weigh, I don't own a scale. I haven't owned a scale in a year or so. So, my weight is guesstimated. My classes are for the most part all sitting down, my only source of exercise is walking to and from several buildings then finally home... Because I get a ride in the morning.Let's see, I walked in and around the art studio, then to the student center(cafeteria) then because I made a new friend her car because she treated me to lunch. ;_; I love people and making new friends. If you can't get the extremely subtle hint, I like people that feed me or treat me to something, mostly because I can't afford anything. Anyways, onward and upwards! To the food I ate today.

BREAKFAST:
• 1 scrambled egg sandwich. (1 egg, toasted bread)
• a small glass of coke
• 1 stick of gum

LUNCH:
• a medium sized pepsi
• 5-6 mozzerella sticks
• A refill of the medium sized pepsi
• another stick of gum

SNACK:
• another small glass of coke
• some cheese and crackers

DINNER:
• another small glass of coke
• a small bowl of chicken rice
• one baked chicken thigh with mrs.dash, salt, pepper, & paprika

-TOTAL TIME SPENT WALKING-
☺About 35 minutes.

I went to bed somewhere around 1 in the morning.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:36 pm
AUGUST 24, 2010 --- Woke up @ 9am, got up @ 10:30-ish am.

xxxxx Today wasn't so bad, in fact it felt extremely short. I think that's due to my classes being extremely short. I got up and actually took care of some stuff. Or at least I felt productive, I think it was just because I had to walk to and from class today. I've always been worried about my period, I know its a gross thing to talk about, but all women have to deal with it. And it concerns my weight as well, I know that due to people's weight and stress levels that their periods may be delayed and it effects the 'flow' or amount of time a woman's cycle lasts. And periods cause all the wonderful things, such as: cramps, bloating, and bitchiness. The main reason I've been concerned is that my cycle was supposed to start last Thursday, and when it didn't start, I had a crazy nightmare that night about being pregnant. It tore me up, I was scared out of my mind until I searched through my entire planner to when the last time I had sex was.(no, I don't document my sex life. I do document every date and hangout day I have with my boyfriend.) since we were together almost every Saturday, I had to leave it to memory, like "we didn't do it last weekend, or the weekend before, or the weekend before that." And thank goodness, that last time we 'did it' was before my last period last month. It calmed me down a bit. But it did get me thinking, "Can a person get pregnant right before their period and still have their flow?" It's a good question, and it scares me. I began to think that maybe my calculation of when my period was, was wrong. But today, five days later, I started. Phew! Thank god! I think the delay of it all was due to the stress of going back to school. I walked to school today, I cleaned up the computers in the mac lab in the art studio, mostly because I had nothing else better to do, and I just wanted to help. Then I walked around the campus for a bit before going to my next class. I only have two classes Mon-Wed, otherwise my Thursdays have three classes that stretch from 1pm to 9:30pm. Ugh, night classes, it's going to be fun walking home from that. ANYWAYS!!! MOVING ON!

BREAKFAST:
• 1 small flour tortilla wrapping honey-ham
• a couple sips of soda mixed with water(I watered it down a bit, I don't like the watered down-ness, so I'm not doing that again.)
• 1 stick of gum

LUNCH:
• I had about half a16.9 fl oz coke, (so roughly, 8.45 fl oz)
• 1 kraft handi-snacks cheese & sticks
• 1 small bag of Sunchips original - about 210 calories

SNACK:
• the other half of the coke - 8.45 fl oz
• another kraft handi-snacks cheese & sticks
• 1 small flour tortilla by itself

DINNER:
• a pack of beef ramen
• a cup of broccoli stalks
• glass of coke
• toasted bread (with garlic butter)

-TOTAL WALKING TIME-
☺Same as yesterday,
maybe less.

I went to bed around 1:30am, didn't fall asleep until 2 or something.

p.l.a.y.d.o.h

Tiny Friend

p.l.a.y.d.o.h

Tiny Friend

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:14 pm
AUGUST 25, 2010 --- Woke up @ 7:30-ish am, Went to bed@ around 2am.

Today wasn't too bad, it was generally the same as Monday. We actually did some drawing in my drawing class. As it turns out, I need to work on my composition and draw everything as a whole rather than sections at a time. Then there was lunch where I met my new friend and made another new friend, my cavity totally killed me. This was also the day I realized that the back of my legs and top of my thighs hurt. Obviously sore from walking all the time after not having to for the past couple months. I need to get out more. My film class was epically short, we debated and discussed a documentary we all watched on Monday, the teacher compared it to Star Wars for some odd reason. LET'S KEEP THINGS GOING~!

BREAKFAST:
• a glass of coke
• Dry toast

LUNCH:
• 2 handi-snacks cheese&sticks
• my bottle of coke
• a huge chocolate chocolate chip muffin

SNACK:
• 2 tiny pancakes

DINNER:
• 5 tiny pancakes
• the rest of my soda

-TOTAL WALKING TIME-
I'm going to say about 15 minutes,
because I actually got a ride to and
from school today.

I went to bed around 2 again.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:48 pm
Hey, welcome to the guild! All the best with your weight loss, getting healthy is the best thing you can ever do for yourself. Starting out is always hard, and then keeping that motivation going -- but your body will thank you for it later. =)

Looking at your journal now I'd suggest cutting out the soda, but that is definitely not easy. I think a lot of people lose weight just from taking that step, though.

By the way, are you an art student? I'm curious because I love art as well, though I was too chicken to make that my profession, haha. But this is an awesome art guild, though probably not the most active (we do have some regulars though). smile  

Sunsway

pigeonsoup

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:49 pm
I'd also suggest cutting out soda, or at least dropping to one glass a day. It also looks like you need more fruits and/or veggies. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:04 am
Welcome to the guild. biggrin I hope you find the info here helpful and useful.

I also agree, you are taking in a ton of coke, if you replace every time you drink coke with a glass of water and 1 fruit, you could probably lose a bunch of weight really fast.

Also, I found that after I started exercising, it was easy to lose weight, even if I ate something fatty, I still wouldn't gain. Of course everyone is different and what worked for me may not work for you. Do you do any kind of exercising? Even if it's walking or running or anything, exercising really helps. My friend's dad managed to lose A TON of weight just by walking 3 miles everyday. I think he went down to 165 lbs from 200+ lbs. So that's pretty cool, definitely worth a try. If you already walk everywhere, try speed walking, or jogging.

I hope you reach your goals!  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

p.l.a.y.d.o.h

Tiny Friend

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:25 am
Thank you for the comments, I'll address to them when I get home.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:25 am
AUGUST 26, 2010 --- Woke up @ 9am.

Today was not a fun day. I got up and took a shower and then did the most stupid thing imaginable. I decided to wear heels to college today. Why? because I'm an idiot. I wore heels knowing I had to walk to school, across a minor highway, a six lane highway and train tracks, and up 3 flights of stairs.I was dead tired by the time I got to my first class. It didn't help that my backpack was around 35 lbs. Because of this I sorta stuffed my face during lunch. My classes ended at 9pm, luckily I didn't have to walk home. I hate walking late at night. It's safe to say that I wont be meeting my goal this week, after all, how would I check, I don't have a scale to check my weight. And I don't have the money to get it. Being dirt poor, jobless, and a full-time college student is hard. Let's get on with this already.

BREAKFAST:
• 3 small flour tortillas (by themselves)
• a sip of coke

LUNCH:
• the rest of my coke
• 2 cheese & sticks
• 2 strawberry airheads
• 1 small bag of M&M's
• 1/2 a bottle of water

SNACKS:
• 1 cherry airhead

DINNER:
• the other 1/2 of my bottled water
• a bowl of Sugar Smacks cereal and milk.

-TOTAL WALKING TIME-
Approx. 45 minutes.
It hurt like a b***h.

I didn't go to bed until 3:40am.
I was really into this book.

p.l.a.y.d.o.h

Tiny Friend

p.l.a.y.d.o.h

Tiny Friend

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:36 pm
I'm sorry I just got to addressing you guys. I apologize. I lead a busy, yet not so busy lifestyle. Between job hunting every week, fixing time so I can hang out with friends, and doing about 15 hours of college work(in class and out), It's hard to get to the computer and just mess around. So let's get to business then.

xxxxx1) I know that I consume a lot of soda, but the thing is that unhealthy food has become cheaper than healthy. Meat is overpriced, vegetables and fruits aren't overpriced but still hard for me to afford. I really wanted to get some Cranberry-Grape juice the other day, but when 1.7 liters of juice is about $3, and I can get a 2liter thing of cheapo-coke for $0.66, I choose the cheaper. It may not be healthier, but it doesn't burn a hole in my pocket and land me in debt. you may think me stingy, but I literally have no money in my wallet, I don't have a bank account, I have a walmart money card that is in the negative, and the only money source I have is from my pell grant for college. What I'm trying to get to is that I'm poor, and I mean what I say when I can't afford anything. all of those rewards are if I end up getting a job, which is highly unlikely, if I manage to get to those weights the rewards will have to wait until I get the my college money in the mail to get them.

Long rant was long, sorry, but now that that is clear I'm going to another topic.

xxxxx2) Yes, I'm an art student at a community college. I'm currently in the Associates in Fine Arts major/program. I'm a non-transfer student, which means I'm staying put and not going to any big name colleges. While art won't be my profession, I'm hoping to go into cartooning or animation, anything with art and film really. =3

xxxxx3) I would exercise more if I had the time. I do basic stretches when I get up, when I'm in the shower or when I'm cleaning. I also tend to do standing yoga poses when I cook. It's not the best exercise I can get, but between that and walking to or from the college, I think I'm doing ok.

Done, done, done~! Now I have to get up and go to the library, the art studio, an art gallery and the movies.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:04 pm
Aren't you a full time college student? Because if so, you could probably get a job on campus :3 . At least, at my community college, full time students can work at the library, book store, tutoring center, or administration office. And they work schedule will be made around the school schedule.

If your community college doesn't offer that, then I wish you the best of luck in finding a job.  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

p.l.a.y.d.o.h

Tiny Friend

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:32 pm
My college does do that sort of thing, but not until after labor day. emo
But thanks for the best wishes, and same to you. whee  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:40 am
OMGoodness... its been a while. My bad. I haven't had the time for keeping up with this thing.  

p.l.a.y.d.o.h

Tiny Friend

p.l.a.y.d.o.h

Tiny Friend

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:00 pm
Knowing me, I probably wont update this often. I still need to buy a scale to even know what my weight is. The last time I weighed myself was during one of my mom's docs appointments. I was 143.7 lbs... but that was months ago... like... June of something. The good news is that last week I had two jobs land in my lap... I'm waiting for their call backs. I'm not denying either of them, I will be working 2 part-time jobs by the end of this coming week. Two jobs and going to school full-time, this will be tough... but I will try. I need to save up a lot of money, I wanna save about $5-6000 by next April or May, so I can move out! Yay! I have a lot of goals...

- Go down to 130lbs and keep the weight off.
- Move out and be able to live on my own.
- Have a career in film & cinematography.

Money is needed for all 3 of those... sorta. I need money to go to college, need money to pay bills if I live on my own, and I need money to buy a friggin' scale. xp

I'm most likely going to change the lay out of this thread, so I can give a better view of my lifestyle and how I can change and be more flexible. but I'll get to that later, today is Sunday, I spent almost all day yesterday doing homework, and I'm going to be doing the same thing today... But since I got most of it done already, I'm going to be taking my time. Then again, 2 jobs and college, I wont necessarily have time for school work. I'm gonna go ahead and try to do the next 2-3 weeks of school work. >.>;;  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff