Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
I want things to go naturally!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JazelleSparrow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:08 am
Okay so tonight is the full moon. The date I have been waiting for the past nine months has passed and I am still waiting for my baby to arrive.

Does anyone have any experience with Pregnancy and Motherhood and would be able to give me some tips on how to go into labour? My induction date is on Tuesday but I don't want to go into labour by force, I want it to go as naturally as possible.

EDIT: I heard that most women go into labour during the full moon, is this true?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:31 pm
I've never heard or read a single thing about giving birth during a full moon. Of course, that's not to say that your statement is wrong. For all I know, it could be correct, but I would guess that it's just coincidental. I would think that the birthing time is related more to the health and status of the woman and child, less the cycle of the moon.

I'm curious as to any other thoughts on this, though.

(And by the way... good luck! May (s)he be born healthy and grow into a happy child!)  

Kristal Lee

I be me

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:38 pm
I have heard sex induces labor, and apparently curry  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:42 pm
JazelleSparrow
I heard that most women go into labour during the full moon, is this true?
Think about it. If that were true, there would only be twelve or thirteen birthdates per year, and there are much more than that.  

TheDisreputableDog

I be me

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:08 pm
ok
so I tried to make a post but I pressed the pm button instead of the post buttom *I think I was looking for quote*

ok I am a dumbum, here is my post

Quote:
hey I just rembered that my mum and her friends who were preggers at the time (six of them) all gave birth within three days of eachother and they were all girls. (freaky) and according to your your sky it was a full moon that day.

(that being said I was an induced labor)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:48 pm
TheDisreputableDog
JazelleSparrow
I heard that most women go into labour during the full moon, is this true?
Think about it. If that were true, there would only be twelve or thirteen birthdates per year, and there are much more than that.
No... because 1) Most is not all. 2) As the lunar calender is not in perfect alignment with the solar calender, the dates for the full moon shift over the years... 3) Women sometimes induce labor...  

TeaDidikai

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:05 am
TeaDidikai
2) As the lunar calender is not in perfect alignment with the solar calender, the dates for the full moon shift over the years... 3)
You misunderstood my meaning. 3nodding I wasn't sure how to make it clear, but say in 1951 there would be twelve or thirteen birthdates of babies born that year. In 1952 there would again be twelve or thirteen birthdates of babies born that year, just not exactly the same dates. There would still be people celebrating their birthdays every day of the year, and there would be more than twelve babies born that year, but every individual year there would only be a dozen birthdates. Does that make sense?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:02 am
Some people think that the full moon includes the day before and the day after the actual full moon. I've heard more than that too. o_O;

And labor sometimes doesn't last just a couple of hours. I know of a woman that went to my church when I was little to deliver a 15 pound baby and was in labor for over 48 hours. gonk

That still freaks me out. gonk

Anywho, I was born two days before the New Moon and two days after Lughnasadh. And a month early. o _o

My nephew, 4 days after the full moon, my oldest neice, right at the waning midpoint, my youngest neice, just at waxing moon midpoint, my older sister, right after the full moon, my dad and his twin brother (Gemini's, which I think is funny), right at the waxing midpoint, little sister waning midpoint...

I could go on, but I have a big immediate family. gonk Most of us seem to be here by a midpoint though. o_O;

http://www.paulcarlisle.net/old/MoonCalendar.html

Most of the babes in my family were early or on time, so I dunno. Walking, I know, helps to speed up labor, but I dunno about inducing it or anything. Everytime my mom had a kid, she had chocolate ice cream at least 30 minutes before going into labor. O_o;;  

Gingerbread . Coffin

JazelleSparrow

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:56 am
*sigh* well thanks for all the input! He's still in there at the moment....I go in tomorrow! sweatdrop sweatdrop Just wanted to say goodbye to everyone in the guild before I go though! Thanks so much for helping me out and pulling me away from my fluffiness heart  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:02 am
Now that I think about it, I don't know of anyone in my family that wasn't born sometime around midnight.
Isn't midnight on the night of the full moon supposed to be when it's at its fullest?  

Elizabeth Tarion

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:23 am
[Bavi]
Now that I think about it, I don't know of anyone in my family that wasn't born sometime around midnight.
Isn't midnight on the night of the full moon supposed to be when it's at its fullest?

Nope. Full Moon is actually at a specific moment and most calenders that have Astrology information include the exact moment the moon is full.

Jazelle>> Comb out your hair, and untie your shoe laces!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:06 am
Good luck! (For anyone who's interested, this past full moon on the 14th was in Cancer, an excellent time for fertility work)  

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items