Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Rrine's Drawings

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tejava

Blessed Ladykiller

9,050 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:49 am
Hello! I'm Rrine, and I have been drawing, (as a hobby), for quite some time now. I'd love your help critiquing my drawings so I can improve!

Drawing A
Drawing B
Drawing C

... and my Deviantart. Thank you in advace!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:00 pm
xXLittleLostAliceXx is very neat and pretty. smile Though her torso/chest should be a little higher. Remember there's 'webbing' between the fingers - don't draw such a sharp and deep gap between the thumb and first finger. It should be curved and shallower. A straight line for the left arm makes the hand stiff, try to break it up by cocking up the forearm/wrist.
Hope that helps.  

lea florens

Dapper Shapeshifter

Tejava

Blessed Ladykiller

9,050 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:46 am
Thank you very much! I'll be sure to keep that in mind.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:14 am
τrү τo find ouτ, whaτ makes you τick as I lie down, sore and sick...
─────────────────────────────────────

Hey there : ) I like your art.

In xXLittleLostAliceXx, things I think you should improve on...
  • the pose is a tad bit off-balance, and it makes her seem like she'll fall over any time soon ^ ^;
  • her hands are too small
  • the bosoms look elliptical as opposed to a more rounder shape (which would make it look nicer? IMO).

To fix the pose, maybe just put her left foot a little closer to the ground, and have her right leg come to the left a bit more. (My left, and my right.)

As for the hands, I'd say that the one on the right looks more noticeably smaller than the left, so just enlarging it a bit would fix it up?

And lastly, just make the bosoms a little rounder and, IMO, it'll look nicer. wink

I like the hairstyle, though, and the star on her chest. The little wings are nice too > u <
In Lesser Coucal, things I think you should improve on are...
  • the head's alignment with the body

If you moved the head to the right a bit, it'd look better : )

In Spatula's Commission, things I think you should improve on are...
  • her hand (the one that holds the fan)

If it was more complete, it'd fix it up C: I like that one best, the pose looks reasonable, the colors are nice, and her expression is cool * v *

...ɗo үou like thaτ? ɗo үou like thaτ?

chadolbaegi

Fatcat

Sunsway

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:47 am
Lesser Caucal:

You have a lovely style with drawing faces! I don't have much to say here, but one thing I'd like to point out is that the line to define the throat isn't positioned correctly. That line would be made by a tendon (at least I think it's a tendon <_<) that runs from right behind the bend of the jaw to behind the ear, down to where the collarbones are joined. The throat is between that. Reference: [x]

Spatula:

Left forearm is too long. Good pose though.

LittleLostAlice:

This might be a stylistic thing, but I think that the knee looks a bit awkward. The thigh should taper slightly closer to the knee, and it doesn't run right into the shin -- there's a joint there. Reference: [x] The reference doesn't mesh with your style and isn't completely realistic itself, but it's a representation that can be simplified. =)  
Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games